I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tales from the Longbox #24: "Frank Miller's Roboflop"! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699418)

MockBot Apr 3rd, 2008 01:45 PM

Tales from the Longbox #24: "Frank Miller's Roboflop"!

Automatically generated comment thread for Tales from the Longbox #24: "Frank Miller's Roboflop"!.

Fufuless Apr 3rd, 2008 02:18 PM

There's no end to the brutality.

Mac Brookman Apr 3rd, 2008 02:19 PM

Horrible, just horrible. Thanks Protoclown for taking another one for the team.

Plus Miller couldn't possibly hate the second movie that much, he had a fricking cameo in it as a drug lab chemist.

Magic Flyin' Lemur Apr 3rd, 2008 02:48 PM

J..Jesus fucking Christ. I never thought I'd see RoboCop pimp-slap someone. Just... Jesus.

xyzzy929 Apr 3rd, 2008 03:18 PM

Bewwwwwwwwwwwwwwbs. Bewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwbs. ME WANT BEWBS!!!(with flame retardant bra)

Kirbykid Apr 3rd, 2008 03:30 PM

MY BRAIN IS MELTING!!!!! this pile o' crap has fried my mind.... and my clothes have burned off.....

GRUMPYNZ Apr 3rd, 2008 04:28 PM

Hilarious!

Tetsu Deinonychus Apr 3rd, 2008 04:37 PM

What the fuck?!?!

This is way more insane than "The Goddamned Batman" can ever be.

The bit about the President selling suppositories, especially blew my mind.

Of course, ANYTHING Robocop is usually kinda dumb. That's what makes the movies fun. In fact, I liked Robocop 2, because it was so fucked up! But, this is just too stupid.

Protoclown, I thank you, for reading this horrible comic, so that none of us have to.

BakaGaijin Apr 3rd, 2008 04:51 PM

I liked the movie. It had all sorts of bang bang shoot-em up violence and gore. It wasn't art, but it was good and graphic. Hell, it was even better than Miller's ***BANG!*** uhghghh arm gone & cant type...

Nick Apr 3rd, 2008 08:01 PM

I think I officially hate Robocop now.

Coryjonc Apr 3rd, 2008 08:45 PM

Sin City is genius though.

Purple Man Apr 3rd, 2008 08:55 PM

I don't remember Nancy Allen's boobies being that impressive in the movies. Just tryin' to find a positive.

Roggs Apr 3rd, 2008 09:24 PM

Ho-ly. I feel like just reading this has caused me to forget important things.

Still, great piece, Protoclown. TftL is my favorite column on this site; always genius. (And I don't even read comics.)

Jonny#5 Apr 3rd, 2008 11:34 PM

You poor bastard. How you managed to stay sane enough to type this out coherently is well beyond me. I salute your mental endurance and in honor of it, I vow to never touch the pages of anything bearing the words "by Frank Miller". BTW, does anyone know why Miller has such a hard-on for Spartans?

Colonel Flagg Apr 4th, 2008 12:07 AM

Could this comic have been inspired by the "Ultimate Warrior"?

Seriously effed up scheiss.

Dungeonbrownies Apr 4th, 2008 01:45 AM

its like tons of grit + the film + w/e masturbation materials kids w/o internet could get their hands on all into a blender together.

atleast itd make more sense than the film i did see.
kinda, i think?

gyah, so confusing.

Julio Apr 4th, 2008 01:56 AM

Ah, I always suspected that girl Lewis was hiding something... Underneath her uniform!

Julio Apr 4th, 2008 02:01 AM

By the way, is it me or it just looks like the cover features RoboCop showing a huge eyeball through his visor?

Drunken_Lemur408 Apr 4th, 2008 02:21 AM

Proto, is there any chance you will look into Robocop Vs. Terminator? Br.Boogie already looked at the game, and it's sure to have even more Frank Miller insanity.

Doctor_Who Apr 4th, 2008 03:05 AM

I've read the comic and seen the movie, and let me tell you - while the film is no gem it is a hundred times better than this. At least you could tell what was going on more than half the time.

Jaimas Apr 4th, 2008 04:11 AM

*Brain Falls Out*
Jaimas' Brain: Fuck this shit, you're on your own, man.

Ashmodai Apr 4th, 2008 10:14 AM

Frank Miller is bat-shit insane.

Redem Apr 4th, 2008 11:18 AM

Well maybe we should find Frank Miller Screenplay in order to find what percentage of it is in the comic

For some reason, I kinda like the movie robocop 2 but then it have been a while since I saw it

Kinda funny that for a guy that miss his wife he kiss Lewis at the end

MallardMan Apr 4th, 2008 01:07 PM

I had to register just because of this article. Because I read this comic. And it hurt me. A lot. At the time, All-Star Batman and Superman hadn't come out, and I had convinced myself that maybe Dark Knight Strikes Again was a fluke. I hadn't read that much Frank Miller, but I'd read "Daredevil: Born Again", "Batman: Year One", and "Dark Knight Returns". This book was my road to recovery. Fuck you, Frank Miller. You should stop writing things, and everyone knows you're going to ruin "The Spirit".

The one saving grace for these books was that I didn't wind up paying for them. I don't like it when Frank Miller's angry "women are either hookers or nothing else, god why can't all boobs be covered in blood" semen gets on my money.

MallardMan Apr 4th, 2008 01:08 PM

Batman and Robin. Crap. I blame Jeff Loeb.