I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Music sucks nowadays and it's the fault of the internet (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700168)

Lobo Tommy Jul 14th, 2008 06:06 PM

Music sucks nowadays and it's the fault of the internet

With the internet, sites and programs like Myspace, Youtube, and the bastards who use Limewire" it has become too easy to find music and there is too much of it. So, naturally there is a ton of unoriginal shit. People can only be creative when they are limited. The greatest musicians ever only had guitars they found out of trashcans, etc. We need to be limited. Technology in the long run is bad for us.

R.I.P music.

Now before you say "Well, your using the internet right now!" I'm on a forum. It's different, fuck you.

Tadao Jul 14th, 2008 06:17 PM

Yeah, thanks for creating great music for us to listen to Lobo.

Dixie Jul 14th, 2008 06:30 PM

Not everyone is talented enough to make great music. Sure there are alot of good musicians out there, but songwriting is the ultimate tragedy. There are fewer and fewer good song writers out there, and fault does not lie with the internet. It lies with uncreative douchebags trying to recreate things that have already been done.

pac-man Jul 14th, 2008 06:37 PM

No one sells their soul to the devil to become a great blues musician anymore.

Lobo Tommy Jul 14th, 2008 06:37 PM

There has always been shitty songwriters, but they weren't able to get as much exposure as they do now.

Tadao, it's not that simple. One person can't make a difference.

MattJack Jul 14th, 2008 07:58 PM

i def think going back to having a handful of record companies controlling my options is a plus :rolleyes

Tadao Jul 14th, 2008 08:00 PM

I would loved to get signed by Warner Bros. :rolleyes

Lobo Tommy Jul 14th, 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 568517)
i def think going back to having a handful of record companies controlling my options is a plus :rolleyes

You're right, MTV controlling your options is much better.

Fathom Zero Jul 14th, 2008 08:55 PM

Good music will always be good music and people will buy the albums and go to the shows. That's all there is to it.

Jeanette X Jul 15th, 2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 568462)
People can only be creative when they are limited. The greatest musicians ever only had guitars they found out of trashcans, etc. We need to be limited. Technology in the long run is bad for us.

There's great bands on the Internet if you know where to look, you whiny neo-Luddite. Besides, I never would've learned about a lot of awesome bands that have been around a long time without the Internet. I never would've even heard of bands like Girlschool, The Plasmatics, and Rock Goddess if it hadn't been for my searching.

Sacks Jul 15th, 2008 11:32 AM

Music isn't a problem if you're good at music. Lobo Tommy isn't good at music.

Angryhydralisk Jul 15th, 2008 11:46 AM

VINYL FOR THE WIN, BITCHES. :lol

Esuohlim Jul 15th, 2008 02:08 PM

If you hate music nowadays then continue listening to old stuff. Who cares?

Lobo Tommy Jul 15th, 2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 568668)
If you hate music nowadays then continue listening to old stuff. Who cares?

Because it's pathetic and nobody gives a shit enough to change it.

And fuck you Sacks.

Esuohlim Jul 15th, 2008 09:49 PM

If you think all music is pathetic then why are you looking for music? Music isn't for you, I guess! Try a book!

Tadao Jul 15th, 2008 09:53 PM

Read a book :censoredword

Lobo Tommy Jul 15th, 2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 568774)
If you think all music is pathetic then why are you looking for music? Music isn't for you, I guess! Try a book!

Maybe you should try to understand what I am saying. The shitty music out weighs the good more then ever.That should change, and could very easily.

liquidstatik Jul 15th, 2008 10:01 PM

Nah man, the internet is a great way to find good music. If not for the internet, i'd have to listen to pussycat dolls and nickleback all day D:

Esuohlim Jul 15th, 2008 10:03 PM

Instead of whining on a message board maybe you should try to put your energy toward something productive. Like creating awesome music! Or losing weight.

And seriously if it weren't for the internet I'd still only like about four bands, but now it's like 50. And still growing.

liquidstatik Jul 15th, 2008 10:05 PM

lobo i think you're just dumb and don't know how to use the internet

Lobo Tommy Jul 15th, 2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 568788)
Instead of whining on a message board maybe you should try to put your energy toward something productive. Like creating awesome music! Or losing weight.

I do. I write music all the time. But, I'm one person. I can't change face of the music business. There is too much shit.

liquidstatik Jul 15th, 2008 10:15 PM

CAN I HEAR SOEM OF YOUR AWESOME MUSIC?

Tadao Jul 15th, 2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 568790)
lobo i think you're just dumb and don't know how to use the internet

ahahahahahahahahahahahah
ha
heh

bigtimecow Jul 16th, 2008 11:48 AM

i can't agree that the internet is a major cause for music sucking, but i do wish sometimes that music was harder than it actually is

that sounds totally fucked, but let me try to clarify: the standards for music and the creative process of today are so goddamn low. there are so many local bands that all sound exactly the same because they put barely any thought into what they are doing; just trying to get kids to "mosh" or "be brutal" or what the fuck ever. i'm in a couple local bands and i'll tell you that nine times out of ten i'll go play a show and then leave because every band we play with is repackaged and unoriginal. unless of course the band is striving to do so, which they aren't, because all of their band statements will be something like "we just try to be original and something different." when in reality they are just the same as every other band

i would go off on a similar rant about art school but this isn't the appropriate thread

>: fuck music

Tadao Jul 16th, 2008 02:17 PM

There was a ton of shitty bands before the internet.

Ratt
Poison
Quiet Riot
Etc.