I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Krokodil. Homemade drug in Russia, Alternative to heroin, rotting it's users alive. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707136)

ThrashO Jul 28th, 2011 10:17 AM

Krokodil. Homemade drug in Russia, Alternative to heroin, rotting it's users alive.

The effects of this drug are INTENSELY GRAPHIC.

It's pretty goddamn sickening. It's causing gangrene in about 60% of it's users.

http://animalvideo.org/?p=4360

There was an image I saw online of a guy who had a huge abscess on the top of his head. It probably stretched from the back of his scalp all the way forward to the bridge of his nose. He was still alive and the look on his face was nearly that of a zombie.

Later they show him on an operating table with just glop and pus and rotted meat falling out of his head. Really sad. I could post the image but it's far too graphic.

If you don't want to read the article it's basically summed up in the last line:

"You feel disgusting doing it and you dream of Heroin. Something clean instead of injecting poison into your skin. But you can't afford it, so you do Krokodil until your dead."

Apparently in Russia Heroin goes for about $40-$120 where as Krokodil is $4-$8. Russia seems like the one of the shittiest places in the world. Like a white Liberia. A friend of mine is learning Russia, and while Russian is a badass language, I see no reason in devoting time to learning what appears to be a dying slaveshit language, soon to be nothing more than cryptic gibberish in a few hundred years.

Heroin dealers are saying that all of there customers have switched to Krokodil.

executioneer Jul 28th, 2011 11:23 AM

COOL

k0k0 Jul 28th, 2011 11:29 AM

So it's kind of like the drug from the game Rise of the Dragon. Turns the user into some kind of freakish monster before they die after using it a bit.

Zhukov Jul 28th, 2011 12:35 PM

YOU'RE THEIR GARRRGHHH

Yeah I read about this somewhere else. It sounds truly horrible, but how good must it feel if people are willing to die like that just to do krokodil for a short time?

Probably not that good.

It's apparently very easy to make, too. I'm recalling the ingredients of iodine and codeine.

Colonel Flagg Jul 28th, 2011 12:45 PM

It's not the drug that's doing the damage - it's the impurities and by-products from the synthesis. (like that really matters) Purification costs time and money, and why should the dealers do this when their clientele will pay for the crap.

This is really sad. Very similar to a science fiction story I read many years ago. I believe it was entitled "Rat Race" by Raymond F. Jones, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: The name of the story is "Rat" by James Patrick Kelly. It's very depressing - do not read if you're taking Cymbalta.

Shrubfest Jul 28th, 2011 01:14 PM

That was amazing. I wonder how much he could feel?

The flesh just fell of the bone like slow cooked meat.

Also, who do you think cling-filmed his leg up?

Pentegarn Jul 28th, 2011 05:43 PM

That's worse than anything I have ever seen on House, including the dream episode where they guy had one of his balls explode

Zhukov Jul 28th, 2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 734219)

Also, who do you think cling-filmed his leg up?

Ulrich Haarbürste.

executioneer Jul 28th, 2011 07:20 PM

i didn't know roy orbison did krokodil

Colonel Flagg Jul 28th, 2011 11:19 PM

I had to wait until I got home to watch this. Thankfully the rest of the family is asleep. :puke

ThrashO Jul 29th, 2011 01:47 AM

There's a video going around of this chick in bed crying her eyes out and she's covering her face with her hands and when the camera pulls out her right forearm is pretty much just a bone. It looks like she's moving her fingers though.

It would usually be hard to sympathize with someone who does this to themselves when they know the consequences, but it's really heartbreaking :(

Pentegarn Jul 29th, 2011 06:50 AM

I both feel sympathy and anger at these people. This is why I am a square who never did any drugs, I won't let myself be a victim of my own choices to that degree

k0k0 Jul 29th, 2011 06:57 AM

Yeah, this stuff doesn't even look like fun though. I don't know why anyone would want to take this stuff. Of course I don't know why anyone would do heroin either.

Shrubfest Jul 29th, 2011 07:01 AM

Am I just really insensitive? All I can think of is 'Snap snap Snappie, de kleine krokodil'

Colonel Flagg Jul 29th, 2011 09:12 AM

I feel like Walter White - if you're going to do this shit, do it right. Recrystallize the organic drug in methanol, then purify the crap out of it through sublimation. Get the melt point to within <1° of the literature value, THEN it's OK to use. THe "flesh eating" side effect is from the phosphorus that's left behind after the garage synthesis from codeine.

Dimnos Jul 29th, 2011 12:24 PM

You should move to Russia and clean up in the drug trade Colonel.

Also that video looked incredibly fake to me. :\

Colonel Flagg Jul 29th, 2011 01:36 PM

The video may be fake, but I'm afraid the effects are sadly quite real.

Tadao Jul 29th, 2011 01:42 PM

HAHAHAHA I told you that you would like Breaking Bad.

Dixie Jul 29th, 2011 03:29 PM

http://animalnewyork.com/2011/06/fle...hot-in-russia/
nice pictures of defleshing.

and here's what i got when i GIS "krokodil":

Colonel Flagg Jul 29th, 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 734365)
HAHAHAHA I told you that you would like Breaking Bad.

pickleworthy

k0k0 Jul 29th, 2011 05:49 PM

Breaking Bad is awesome, but I'm sure making this shit clean would drive up the price, leading to people doing the same shit they're doing now. People would rather just pay with their lives rather than money, which is retarded.

Tadao Jul 29th, 2011 07:16 PM

If I lived in Russia I would probably find a cheap way to get high and not care if I died.

Colonel Flagg Jul 29th, 2011 07:25 PM

Nope, K0K0. Purification can be done very economically, with a modest initial capital investment. The only problem would be avoiding prison. :(

k0k0 Jul 29th, 2011 07:34 PM

Well damn, there's no reason they shouldn't do it that way. Does it take more time to do? Cuz from what I hear, the effects only last for 3 hours and by the time they need more in them or they feel sick.

ThrashO Jul 29th, 2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 734436)
Nope, K0K0. Purification can be done very economically, with a modest initial capital investment. The only problem would be avoiding prison. :(

I don't know what sounds better... Turning into a wicked cool skeleton guy or being in a Russian prison.