I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Five Reasons Why I Love The 'Burbs (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699001)

Ruinne Feb 9th, 2008 11:52 AM

*Sigh* "Didn't ch. 11 or something show this movie every other month back when there was always something entertaining to watch on T.V like almost everyday? Man T.V sucks now. I can't remember the last time I saw this movie. :("

Mockery Feb 9th, 2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightProwler (Post 530880)
Fantastic article. I absolutely love this movie. You did not mention it,so I am assuming you are unaware(but I doubt it) that "Hans Klopec"(Courtney Gains) was also "Malachai" in "Children of the corn". Another 80's classic.

Damn it, I've been told that a million times, but every time I see The 'Burbs, I never seem to remember that he was Malachai. "Outlander! Outlander!" Definitely a good call man... maybe I'll actually remember it next time I see The 'Burbs and think to myself, "Boy, that Hans is one weird dude."

sakura Feb 9th, 2008 11:11 PM

HOLY CRAP

this site never ceases to amaze me on how you guys' taste in film is so uncannily similar to my own. I've had the 'Burbs on my myspace faves list forever now, and every person i talk to has absolutely no clue what the hell these movies are.

So since once AGAIN you've mirrored my joy, here's some other titles I'd like to see a review on (or I'd gladly do myself):

Screamers
The Miracle Mile
Disorderlies
Phone

...just to name a few. Or I'll gladly accept paypal for anyone who says at least one of these doesn't have a review already in the making

Captain PirateFace Feb 10th, 2008 05:01 AM

I agree with Sakura....

Do "The Miracle Mile" next.... Pure 80's Joy!

and "Night of the Comet"

strangejosh Feb 11th, 2008 12:23 PM

love this film. wish they made more films like this, but i guess the era is over.

BurntToShreds Feb 11th, 2008 10:28 PM

Damn, now I need to buy this. The ending was one of my favorites in film history.

Captain B O'Hare Mar 8th, 2008 01:53 AM

I read this and it made me join the site, Watch the DVD and start spying on my neighbors. That has to be one of the best things I have read in a while.

Slobulus Mar 8th, 2008 03:36 AM

This movie was king!

Tanuki Mar 11th, 2008 06:12 PM

Kinda disturbed...but I must go find this movie now.

artattack Mar 19th, 2008 03:36 PM

One of my all-time favorite movies from the 80's.

Love it when Rumsfield is at the Klopeks house and starts pulling the wallpaper from the wall.

briny bill May 16th, 2008 01:13 PM

comeon rueben was the best part

ricobico May 21st, 2008 11:29 AM

Great article.
My favorite lines:

"What you got in the cellar, HAIR Klopek!?!"

"There go the goddamn brownies!"

captain516 Dec 21st, 2008 11:30 PM

Did anyone else spot that the Klopeks have Rosebud in their basement?

FELDMAN<3 Aug 30th, 2009 01:23 PM

corey feldman is so cute in this movie!!!

Jauly Jan 26th, 2010 04:25 PM

OMG, nobody here noticed the resemblance to Maniac Mansion?? Hans reminds me somehow of Weird Ed, and as "the doctor" shows up from the cellar, he looks like Dr. Fred Edison :D
Love them both, the Klopeks & The Edisons!

Scooter Atreides Apr 2nd, 2010 03:37 PM

One of my personal favorites.

Notice how this film seems to be a swan song for a lot of the actors:

You've got Tom Hanks just before the start of his Serious Actor phase, Carrie Fisher at the tail end of her hotness, Corey Feldman's last role in a movie more than 12 people saw, Wendy Schaal right before most of the universe forgot she existed, and, though I haven't looked this up, probably Gale Gordon's last film prior to shuffling off this mortal coil.

Shadowdancer21b Oct 10th, 2010 02:32 AM

I love this movie. Anyone else notice the Klopek theme is very similar to the wrestler Kane's old entrance music?