I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Tadao Aug 4th, 2009 12:38 PM

2d, 3d glasses seldom do a good job outside of theaters.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 4th, 2009 02:12 PM

Me and Cori went to go see it in theaters except they didn't have the 3D projector...so you could still see where the 3d parts should have been. We're going to rent it soon and hopefully its good in 3D.

You're right though, usually at home its not as good.

Sam Aug 4th, 2009 03:34 PM

Original My Bloody Valentine is awesome. I liked the remake too, but not as much as the original. :(

Ant10708 Aug 4th, 2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 640122)
2d, 3d glasses seldom do a good job outside of theaters.

yeah they use the cheap blue and red 3d glasses for the home versions usually :(

stevetothepast Aug 5th, 2009 06:18 PM

I watched "Waking Ned Devine" a few days ago. It's very very good.

elx Aug 5th, 2009 09:25 PM

24 minutes into 'the happening', it's really scary :(

Guitar Woman Aug 6th, 2009 12:53 AM

Castle in the Sky.

Great movie.

Everyone in this movie is a really horrible shot; both the protagonists get shot in the face at least twice and just shrug it off. :|

Kitsa Aug 6th, 2009 04:04 AM

I've got some bad news for everyone.

I checked IMDB to see what the hell movie I caught a scrap of today, something about Martin Lawrence and Tim Robbins going on a crime spree, and I found this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1321509/

That's right, they're remaking Death at a Funeral. Starring Martin Lawrence.

:(

The one bright spot is that Peter Dinklage is in this one too....maybe he can save it?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2009 10:26 AM

I hate that midget guy. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2009 10:36 AM

>:>:>:

I really like Death at a Funeral too.

Kitsa Aug 6th, 2009 12:39 PM

If you're talking about Peter Dinklage, I thought he was funny. Especially after he'd been dosed. The lawyer guy was funnier after being dosed, too.

I don't know, I imagine anything with Martin Lawrence in it will be full of Wacky Antics and lack the sophistication of the original. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit, but I hope it doesn't go the way of a "Tyler Perry Presents Tyler Perry's Death at a Funeral" with characters in fatsuits and whatnot.

I can't picture Luke Wilson in there anywhere. Not Sure.

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2009 01:38 PM

Oh I think he is a fine actor and all. I dont want to say he creeps me out or anything but there is just something about him I just dont like. He is a dink.

Guitar Woman Aug 6th, 2009 04:13 PM

FernGully!

I thought it was going to bring back a bunch of childhood trauma but really, Hexxus's shit-eating grin is just fucking hilarious.

I'd probably like this movie better if Robin Williams weren't in it.

Sam Aug 7th, 2009 12:29 AM

The Deadly Spawn :eek

Guitar Woman Aug 8th, 2009 07:43 PM

Nausicaa.

It had Patrick Stewart in it.

executioneer Aug 8th, 2009 09:22 PM

well yeah

who the hell else is gonna get stabbed thru the heart

executioneer Aug 8th, 2009 09:22 PM

GOD IM SORRY IT WAS A REFLEX

darkvare Aug 9th, 2009 01:02 AM

rocky 3:clubber lang is still my favorite rocky villian
tideland: the girl is officially my second favorite actress it wasd crazy and fucked up from start to finish lovely "now we can eat her chocolates daddy"
knowing: ending sucked my mom saw it coming from a mile away :/

Tadao Aug 9th, 2009 01:03 AM

knowing pissed me off. they could have ended it way better.

Krythor Aug 9th, 2009 03:28 PM

I must be the only person in the world who thinks that Rocky III is terrible. Rocky, Rocky IV and Rocky Balboa are great (as far as these films go anyway.) Three just blows on every level. Not as bad as II or V but still bad. Sylvester Stallone is like an emotionless robot all the way through it and structurally it makes me feel sick.

Tadao Aug 9th, 2009 03:35 PM

Whenever Rocky Balboa is on I never watch it. Maybe I should give it a try. I was good with Rocky 1 and 2, is Balboa comparable?

Kitsa Aug 9th, 2009 09:14 PM

Boiler Room. And it made me realize I don't like Ben Affleck in anything.

My apologies, Mr. Affleck.

dirtyxblondexdame Aug 10th, 2009 09:44 AM

Shortbus. first 5 minutes are a total mind fuck, and then the rest of the movie is whiny "self-discovery" bullshit.

Sam Aug 10th, 2009 03:35 PM

I watched Phonebooth because I had never seen it before. It was okay. :(

My favorite part is when the prostitute hits the phone booth and yells "OKAY NOW YOU MADE ME HURT MY DICK HAND!"

Krythor Aug 10th, 2009 04:40 PM

Rocky Balboa is the closest one of the sequels to the original, but it is sappy and kind of corny. They all are though.

If you want awesome cheese, IV beats the others hands down.