I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Now that TF2 is free do we want to make a play date or something? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706911)

Fathom Zero Jun 26th, 2011 02:25 AM

I've found my Scout's only gotten better. I contribute it to HATS.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 26th, 2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 728477)
Did you think to tell him "this is the sapper, it kills sentries"?

No, I said "WHY WOULD YOU I DON'T EVEN"
Snipers are hard to coach because it's like...yea, shoot that guy.

The new players didn't piss me off till I had one asshole begging for shit. I mean, if you want it that bad, do the achievements or pay two fucking dollars.

My scout's pretty awesome; I mostly use him to haze people and don't get too caught up in kills, and always keep an escape plan. He's second played. The new shotgun is fucking awesome. The pistol less so. And the bat certainly opens up a lot of options, like leaping over people or making crazy escapes.

Really didn't like the spy's new stuff. I've mainly been rolling Saharan because it's really easy to string together 5 kills or clear out an engie base. Also, I swear half the assholes on there don't know about crouch jumping. Makes hiding so fucking easy.

Fathom Zero Jun 26th, 2011 02:42 AM

I've decided that the Brass Beast is my favorite weapon, so I'm gonna get a Name Tag and call her Lady Ada Lovelace. :>

LordSappington Jun 26th, 2011 03:14 AM

Scouts are my worst class; I can never get their style down, and good scouts are impossible for me to hit.
I've been getting some nice streaks with the Eternal Reward, though, and I make a decent enough Soldier. It's a fucking rush when you use the buff banner on your team, and a medic Ubers you, right when you make the final push into a fortified area in Payload.
EDIT: I also just made a new Steam account and got TF2 on it. I bought two keys, and BAM, $5 TF2 account. Now I can just trade those keys over to my main account, along with the extra drops I'll get now.

Guitar Woman Jun 26th, 2011 03:32 PM

If you guys are real men you play ScoRes Demo all day every day.

And vanilla spy. Dead Ringers are for chumps.

Shyandquietguy Jun 26th, 2011 03:57 PM

Ever since I've gotten the Fan O' War I have literally become Gauntlet's Grim Reaper. Usually going after medics and heavies.

MarioRPG Jun 26th, 2011 05:36 PM

Well, forgot to leave the download running so that's why I didn't show haha. Lemme know about the next one.

Fathom Zero Jun 27th, 2011 01:04 AM

After an hour of rendering and another hour and a half of uploading, I've tested out how fast it is to get footage from the game onto Youtube using an alright Scout run. :\

Supafly345 Jun 27th, 2011 05:34 PM

Turns out I don't even have a video card capable of rendering it. I forgot I have a skeleton desktop.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 28th, 2011 04:40 AM

There were a lot of pyros by the end of that match. Had to switch to medic for a few minutes because everyone was ruining my fun :(

LordSappington Jun 28th, 2011 01:11 PM

I like the Quick Fix, but since I tend to pocket-medic with my friend, I don't use it much. It's good if you're going to spend the match healing everyone on your team at once, but not being able to uber a soldier or heavy is a big tradeoff. :\

LordSappington Jun 28th, 2011 04:01 PM

Also, at first I didn't mind the rush of free players, but after five or six matches with an average of three more snipers or spies than my teams needed, it's getting a little old.

Zhukov Jul 2nd, 2011 01:04 AM

Think I'll play the medic.

Chojin Jul 2nd, 2011 03:13 AM

holy shit i got the analog stick on my g13 to work with TF2 with actual analog motion

by default, some retard at valve has the stick set to move forward/backward and turn, like you're playing sonic adventure or something. you have to open up the tf2/cfg/config.cfg file and change the following values:

joy_advanced "1"
joy_advaxisx "3"
joy_advaxisy "1"

i could not find a guide ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET that would reveal how to do that to me, so i spent about an hour fucking around with the config file's values until i found the magical combo to make it work. advanced 1 lets you change the axes, axisx 3 makes left and right strafe, axisy 1 makes up and down move forward and back like usual. if you already have TF2 booted, you have to type "exec config.cfg" into the console to make it work. hopefully this page will show up on google searches about this because fuck that was irritating to figure out. valve you are usually pretty bright about this shit, why the momentary lapse of retardation? btw i really recommend the g13 and it's a relatively inexpensive piece of equipment.

now i can do hilarious things like creep VERY SLOWLY as the scout. it looks especially funny in the surrender animation.

Guitar Woman Jul 2nd, 2011 03:22 AM

Is it too hard to get back into this game with all the new shit floating around?

I feel like one alternate set of class weapons and maybe three hats for all of them would have cut it. Now I'm just confused.

Chojin Jul 2nd, 2011 03:23 AM

part of the charm is wading into a sea of hats and bizarre weaponry

Fathom Zero Jul 2nd, 2011 03:27 AM

I like it more now than a month ago. It feels like there's enough stuff that there's actual variety in the game. Before, I thought it was kinda constricting.

LordSappington Jul 2nd, 2011 04:16 AM

The weapons add a huge new level to gameplay. It's kind of nice to find a random weapon, and to be able to switch around weapons and changing your playstyle on the fly.
Hats, however, are fucking confusing, since there is a whole economy for them.
I just got four Summer keys; one of which to open a crate, which I got the motorcycle cop helmet, and I figure I can sell the other three. If i can't, big whoop; I get three keys in return.

Fathom Zero Jul 2nd, 2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 728502)
I've decided that the Brass Beast is my favorite weapon, so I'm gonna get a Name Tag and call her Lady Ada Lovelace. :>

'Twas writ and thusly came into being:

I had a fiver on me, so I slapped it into my account, sent it to my wallet and bought a Summer Key for a chest I had. I got a mailbox that the Pyro can smack people with! And the Name Tag is on sale, too, so wicked.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 2nd, 2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 729276)
part of the charm is wading into a sea of hats and bizarre weaponry

I think the new shit actually takes away from the charm. Remember when TF2 looked like a cool, violent, Incredibles? Remember when people weren't running around with all sorts of LOLWACKY shit? Why does the Demoman have an arabian update? He's SCOTTISH. Why does the Heavy have a native american weapon set? He's RUSSIAN.

Comic related (nsfw)
alternatively:

New weapons are cool, and I'm totally for sidegrades and shit, and they started off great, but then they went off the deep end.

LordSappington Jul 2nd, 2011 12:26 PM

I think you're looking too deep into TF2. It's pretty much run on rule of cool/funny.

Fathom Zero Jul 2nd, 2011 06:35 PM

http://www.tf2items.com/id/raggamofyn

Anyone want to trade?

Chojin Jul 2nd, 2011 08:46 PM

kinda interested in the shortstop

http://www.tf2items.com/id/mrpayback

i want to find the scout's newer items especially

Zhukov Jul 2nd, 2011 09:09 PM

How does one obtain all these things for free and without effort?

LordSappington Jul 2nd, 2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 729359)
How does one obtain all these things for free and without effort?

Go onto an idle server before you go to bed/work, and hope for decent drops. Or, get into the world of trading, which isn't too much work once you get used to the economy.
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198035341860
Hit me up for trading.