I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

stevetothepast Sep 7th, 2009 07:30 PM

executioneer Sep 7th, 2009 07:34 PM

what, all at once?

ZeldaQueen Sep 7th, 2009 07:38 PM

Pockey

captain516 Sep 7th, 2009 07:42 PM

uuugh, I remember trying some Poutine. Shit was nasty:x

stevetothepast Sep 7th, 2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 646468)
what, all at once?

I was trying to decide.

I went with the donair.

Kitsa Sep 7th, 2009 07:49 PM

I thought donairs were almost exclusively Nova Scotia. Weird. Then again, I've never seen poutine outside QC.

stevetothepast Sep 7th, 2009 08:08 PM

I'm right next door to Nova scotia, so yes. And poutine is all over canada too. Even our KFC's server poutine.

executioneer Sep 7th, 2009 08:21 PM

a donair does sound v. tasty though i've not had one before

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2009 08:22 PM

The KFC bowls are roughly the same idea.

http://www.kfc.com/menu/bowls.asp

Kitsa Sep 7th, 2009 08:23 PM

According to wikipedia there's such a thing as a "donair poutine". Now THAT I'd like to see.

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2009 08:26 PM

Fucking love fucking doner kebabs. I'm looking for a Greek place around me, as a matter of fact.

stevetothepast Sep 7th, 2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 646477)
According to wikipedia there's such a thing as a "donair poutine". Now THAT I'd like to see.

it's actually not that good.

we have a local pizza place (Jacks Pizza) that sells the donair poutine as well.

They have really good pizza by the slice, which is a quarter of the biggest pizza they have, and their motto is "If you think size don't matter you don't know Jack!".

Colonel Flagg Sep 8th, 2009 01:27 PM

A "Leaning Tower" panini from Giant. It's actually quite good, and it's on sale RIGHT NOW!

(Gods, but I'm a cheap bastard.) :(

Kitsa Sep 8th, 2009 01:44 PM

I just ate more than my share of chicken salad on triscuits. I got a basket of blackberries from the farmer's market (our county allows pregnant women $15/season toward produce and that was my big purchase*) and I think I might make blackberry crisp or a cobbler later.

* The berries were $5. I also got 2 ears of corn, a head of broccoli and a "local melon" for my $15.

stevetothepast Sep 8th, 2009 02:34 PM

I like blackberries, but they are damn expensive here, unless you buy them frozen. This a.m. I had a grilled ham and cheese.

Kitsa Sep 8th, 2009 03:47 PM

Blackberries are usually expensive here too; I was surprised that the yuppie farmer's market had them at all. But since the county thinks I'll birth a monster if they don't tell me what to eat, I hand over the Coupon of Shame and the berries are free.

stevetothepast Sep 8th, 2009 04:19 PM

It's actually pretty cool that they give you that.

Kitsa Sep 8th, 2009 04:34 PM

It's very cool, but sometimes the ladies at the farmer's market give you attitude about it. What you can get varies with their whim (the woman told me she wouldn't "let go" of the peaches, for example). She basically told me what I could have and that's what I got.

Once I washed and picked over the berries, though, they were very nice. And the blackberry crisp looks/smells delicious.

executioneer Sep 8th, 2009 05:42 PM

blackberries are probably the best tasting thing ever :(

Guitar Woman Sep 8th, 2009 06:43 PM

Cold corn on the cob

It's good :o

darkvare Sep 9th, 2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 646467)

lol poutine i still remember that thing from quebec such a simple dish my brother used to ask for the italian poutine wich pretty much means poutine with spaghetti sauce and meat much better than that

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2009 03:42 AM

:O That sounds good. Healthier, if nothing else, I'd imagine.

I was looking like hell for a Greek place around here, but I didn't have time. It's across town. So I settled for some Chinese. I dunno what you'd call it, since it was cabbage, broccoli, carrots, pork, chicken, and tofu tossed together in some savory sauce and thrown on some rice.

It was wonderful.

Kitsa Sep 9th, 2009 06:42 AM

I had cheese tamales and white rice.

Zhukov Sep 9th, 2009 09:48 AM

You guys don't get blackberries growing all over the damn place? I can't walk five meters without treading on a bush. Blueberries are the hard to get and expensive stuff here, and I like them the best.

executioneer Sep 9th, 2009 10:03 AM

I get blackberries growing all over the damn place! like three different varieties

although the Himalayan ones are less of a useful food producer and more of an unkillable brambly menace