I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Atheism. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19562)

Womti Dec 30th, 2005 01:55 PM

Atheism.

Why I believe that there is no god is simple: when one tries to 'pray' to him, what does one get in return? Also, as for the bible, who wrote it? I know 'god' certainly didnt. I know no one says god did, but seriously, where did the bible come from?? As for why I believe there is no god try to think of it this way and you might understand: imagine that you had been born into and raised, and never heard about god, religion, the holy grail. all that crap. now think: when you go outside, look around, and think, "boy, that tree sure is tall", or "gee those mushrooms look strangely appealing" is there any part of you that says "hmmm, I think that there must be some unknown entity out there who created me and placed me here for no apparent reason thats exactly why I'm going to devote my entire being to him!!".

I mean, come ON, people. there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING that hints toward the presence of a higher being. you think animals believe in god? when we were animals, before we "evolved" or whatever the fuck happened, we sure as hell didnt think of jesus. we were too busy hunting and staying alive.

once again, I'll say, that there is no sensory impact that tells us there is a god. you cant see god, smell god, feel god, hell, you cant even TASTE god! seriously, though you cant sense god. and what you cant sense, just simply isnt there. I mean, would you believe in spy satellites if you didnt know they existed??

This is pretty much why I dont believe in god. If anyone has any replies, opinions, criticism, or hate comments on this topic they feel the need to post, then please do so!

KevinTheOmnivore Dec 30th, 2005 02:05 PM

i'm certain we'll solve this one this time around.

Have at it, guys!

Spectre X Dec 30th, 2005 02:31 PM

Use paragraphs. You make me ashamed to be an atheist.

KevinTheOmnivore Dec 30th, 2005 03:02 PM

"Atheism: the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."

-Stephen Colbert

xbxDaniel Dec 30th, 2005 04:07 PM

I believe that there are planets. Like Mars, and Jupiter. I know it's stupid and probably just a fad that's going to pass over. I've never actually seen Jupiter even.

As for satelites, I don't believe in them. I mean, what kind of idiot would believe that some type of "man-made" "craft" could fly into "space" and "send" down "transmissions". Jeez, what an ignorant person that would be.

Really I should've just stuck with rolling eyes emoticon.

ScruU2wice Dec 30th, 2005 08:32 PM

womti is there a clever internet picture from ebaumsworld that goes along with your sig?

CaptainBubba Dec 31st, 2005 12:53 AM

Yea this is basically just the "I HATE YOU MOM AND DAD" faux-aethiest teen's argument against god they make in bible camp when the other kids are trying to go to sleep.

You'd have made a more convincing point if instead of that paragraph you chose to simply display this:

Womti Dec 31st, 2005 09:12 AM

So you're saying I should worship him?? Larry is pretty funny, but, hes a cable guy, and he's an idiot. That's not much of a plus.

xbxDaniel Dec 31st, 2005 09:56 AM

You're ignorance far surpasses any other attribute you possess.

Skulhedface Dec 31st, 2005 01:26 PM

In that case, here's a list of further questions which you can further use in your quest to piss off your parents:

-If God created everything, who created God?
-Can God be tickled?
-God is forever. What happened before that? Did he "just get around to it" one fine day, pre-B.C.?
-DID GOD PUT DINOSAURS HERE TO TEST OUR FAITH? You don't hear much about Jesus pulling a thorn out of a brontosaurus paw!
-lol I saw this on a t-shirt once: My dad can beat up your god! How true if he doesn't exist!
-How does an all-knowing, all-loving god allow bad things to exist, like the Holocaust, World War II and the latest season of the Simpsons?
-Why, God, why, after years of praying, haven't I won the lottery yet???

Be sure to post again once you reach the foster home, k?

damn dime-store atheists...

CrazyBlackDude Dec 31st, 2005 04:10 PM

Religious people make me laugh. The only argument I've seen in favor of their faith is when they shove their fingers into their ears and sing "LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU"

KevinTheOmnivore Dec 31st, 2005 04:16 PM

You sure are one crazy black dude. :lol :(

Womti Jan 1st, 2006 10:47 AM

crazy black dude?? WHERE??!! :chatter (just one more typical afternoon down in texas)

CrazyBlackDude Jan 1st, 2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
You sure are one crazy black dude. :lol :(

Not nearly as crazy as the self-righteous hypocritical powermongering religious bastards around today.

The One and Only... Jan 1st, 2006 05:02 PM

There's a couple decent arguments, but they're all flawed. Berkelian idealism and the Cosmological Argument are my favorites.

Spectre X Jan 1st, 2006 05:35 PM

Hardly anybody cares about what you think, OAO. And the few people that do care only care to ridicule you.

CrazyBlackDude Jan 1st, 2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre X
Hardly anybody cares about what you think, OAO. And the few people that do care only care to ridicule you.

I doubt the populace hangs onto your every word either, hypocrite.

Spectre X Jan 1st, 2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyBlackDude
Quote:

Quote:

CrazyBlackDude Jan 1st, 2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The irony is crushing.

MLE Jan 2nd, 2006 01:09 AM

i don't think you 'got it'

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 2nd, 2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The irony is crushing.

AAHH!!

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 2nd, 2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Not nearly as crazy as the self-righteous hypocritical powermongering religious bastards around today.

Well with secular intellects such as yourself out there, I'm shocked that these people haven't been crushed by now!

ArrowX Jan 2nd, 2006 01:36 PM

If god exists, the answer to all the hollocaust questions is simple.

God created us and gave us free will, besides that we kinda killed his son. Now I have no children but I think I'd be a little more than pissed off if you killed my kid.

CrazyBlackDude Jan 2nd, 2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:

Well with secular intellects such as yourself out there, I'm shocked that these people haven't been crushed by now!

It's not the intelligence of the elite, it's the stupidity of the masses.

It's pretty obvious you'd rather just be sarcastic than actually discuss atheism versus theism, though.

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 2nd, 2006 02:41 PM

It's pretty obvious that you aren't capable of having a serious conversation about it, especially judging from your first post in this thread.

How about this-- before you demand a "discussion" on atheism, how about you grow up a bit, and maybe even support a couple of the wild and erronious claims you've made in this thread...? Sound like a plan?