I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   McDonalds served, sit-down dining (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20611)

Staxeon Mar 23rd, 2006 09:25 PM

McDonalds served, sit-down dining

I've heard rumors about some McDonalds going to a sit-down, have a waitress come over, type of format. The first was from my girlfriend's sister who works in a McD's regional office, which I took as credible but possibly an idea that would get shot down before making it to the public.

Then Valentines day happened. I walked into one of the local McDs and saw flowers, placemats, and laminated construction paper menus on half of the tables. I asked the girl at the counter what the deal was. On the way in I guess I missed the big sign 2 lots up, they're building a new bigger McDs to facilitate the new format, and for Valentines they did a test run.

Terra Mar 23rd, 2006 09:41 PM

Did they serve the food on plastic trays with the burgers still wrapped or did you get plates with the food on it, microwaved and piping hot?

Staxeon Mar 24th, 2006 01:16 AM

I wish I could'a seen, but the only ppl I saw sitting at the tables were old ppl with coffee. Good point though, it'd be silly if someone just brought you a tray with burgers in paper wrappers.

Do they open the ketchup packets for you? Are you supposed to tip them?

Sethomas Mar 24th, 2006 01:35 AM

There are a few McDiners in Indiana.

Emu Mar 24th, 2006 10:18 AM

Now you don't even have to get up. Next year I hear they're going to put parking lot adjacent McScooters to cart the fatties straight to the door so they won't have to do any walking at all. :eek

Pub Lover Mar 25th, 2006 09:17 AM

Is this like the McCafes they have here in NZ?

Terra Mar 25th, 2006 10:42 AM

So you guys already have this there? Do they serve the Big Macs wrapped up or do they serve them restaraunt style?

Pub Lover Mar 25th, 2006 11:12 AM

According to the adverts on TV, they only serve salad & tiny pastries with coffee in cheap ceramic cups.

I'd rather shit in the street if the only other option was going into McDonalds.

Terra Mar 25th, 2006 06:39 PM

Seeing as how there isn't any tofu there I can understand your feelings about it. There isn't ANYTHING natural about that place. So having some fakers bring you your order with a plastic smile can be obliterating. They just need to stay behind the counter and keep that much distance from people.

It's just a bad idea all around.

Staxeon Mar 26th, 2006 11:13 AM

I looked up McDiner after Sethomas mentioned it...it seems um...

You go to a table and order via a red handset that looks like the freaking Bat-Phone, except yours isn't under a cool glass dome like Commissioner Gordon's was. The food is made in a kitchen that's separate from the regular McDs kitchen under the same roof, and its brought to your table. And you're not supposed to tip your food delivery person. The menu sounded like the same stuff you would get in a midrange hotel (belgian waffles for breakfast, open face sandwiches for lunch).

Wonder if you go there for prom if they still give you free food.

Terra Mar 26th, 2006 12:14 PM

If anybody goes there for prom night for free food, it's not because they're going to get any action later on. Just a general guess on my part.

Pub Lover Mar 26th, 2006 01:04 PM

Terra is obsessed with sex.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Staxeon
you're not supposed to tip your food delivery person.

Reason four for not visiting the US: Tipping is stupid bullshit.

Terra Mar 26th, 2006 01:10 PM

Keep drinking Pub! You'll look better to yourself each time! :)

Pub Lover Mar 26th, 2006 01:28 PM

It doesn't take much for that. :selflove

But then for you it probably takes a whole vineyard. :getit

Staxeon Mar 26th, 2006 01:35 PM

I didn't know Bud Light came from a vineyard.

Guitar Woman Mar 26th, 2006 10:28 PM

Ouch

ziggytrix Mar 26th, 2006 10:46 PM

I'm not condoning arson here, but I just can't get the word McFireBomb out of my head for some reason.

Johnny Couth Mar 26th, 2006 11:39 PM

Everyone that disses McDonalds still eats there because the food is cheap, and delicious.

executioneer Mar 26th, 2006 11:50 PM

mcdonalds food is not "delicious" wtf

Johnny Couth Mar 26th, 2006 11:53 PM

Say what you want about how utterly disgusting it is, it still tastes really good.

executioneer Mar 27th, 2006 12:06 AM

not as good as burger king or wendy's

executioneer Mar 27th, 2006 12:07 AM

or homemade burgers

xbxDaniel Mar 27th, 2006 12:09 AM

My McDonalds smells like urine and fries. I don't go there anymore.

Terra Mar 27th, 2006 12:11 AM

Stop peeing on the trashcans inside!

Guitar Woman Mar 27th, 2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
not as good as burger king

Don't ever talk to me again jerk