I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Max has really disgusted me. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8095)

The One and Only... Dec 18th, 2003 06:27 PM

Max has really disgusted me.

Apparently Max feels that it is more important to attack the integrity of the man in office rather than the issues. In fact, outside of Iraq, he rarely leads the initiative to discuss policy over politics.

Why? I don't know. Perhaps he is aware that he cannot defend himeself from pro-market arguments about tariffs, free vs. "fair" trade, social security investment options, market regulation, school choice, and complete privatization of healthcare. His arguments over such issues usually revolve around the state (no pun intended) of those in poverty, but even that gets blown away once we realize that killing the minimum wage and Davis-Bacon Act, along with nonsensical safety regulations and decreases in military and police spending, would allow for optimal employment within the market. Even if minimal welfare were necessary to continue, it would be a hell of a lot more efficient if we simply established a negative income tax than provided food stamps, Medicare/caid, public schools, etc. Which reminds me... simplifying our tax codes - which are so hilariously enormous that large, wealthy individuals often go to court over how much they need to pay - would get rid of unnecessary middle-corps. like Jackson Hewitt.

But NOOOO... he can't discuss these issues directly. Instead, referring to some abscure gay relationship between the Cato Institute and I provides a nice escape route to avoid the real issue. Not to mention claiming that I am on an intellectual ego trip more than once.

And this guy makes fun of Vince.

Rez Dec 18th, 2003 06:45 PM

general blabber forum >:

Helm Dec 18th, 2003 07:25 PM

As I was reading this thread, I started frantically looking for a 'lock thread' button to push :( In lack of it, I settled with the reply button in order to voice this desparate plea: Please, moderators that are, spare us of threads such as this!

I mean, even if I really cared what OAO thought of Max...

wait, I can't finish this sentence.

Perndog Dec 18th, 2003 11:13 PM

Damn it OAO you're making me agree with Helm. >:

The_Rorschach Dec 19th, 2003 12:55 AM

So yeah, anyway, like, but, you know?

Whatever.

Protoclown Dec 19th, 2003 01:18 AM

I am going to let this abomination burble forth unhindered, because I am really looking forward to seeing Max yet again make Once and For All Later Every Tuesday his bitch.

Big Papa Goat Dec 19th, 2003 01:27 AM

OAO has officially become Vince. :(

mburbank Dec 19th, 2003 09:50 AM

He's not funny enough to be Vinth. Witness the Hissy fit that is this thread.

Here's what I can do; Argue any of the points you mentioned.

Here's what I can't do; be bothered right now.

Here's what I might do; be bothered ever.

You make statements far more often than arguments. They seem to stem from things you've been overly impressed by without trying to dig deeply into, as in siting levels of coal use in London over the last few centuries as proof that the environment is getting better. You are a young man in the first throes of puppy love with being smart. Thankfully it passes in most cases because it's insuferable. You desperately need to make the acquaintance of people smarter than you. This should not be as hard as you imagine.

As I may have mentioned before, I'm mostly here to play. You'll find the grand demonstration of throwing down the gauntlet is often followed by a dog running off with your glove. Go read "A Christmas Carol" and try to improve yourself.

ziggytrix Dec 19th, 2003 09:56 AM

i can't wait for OAO's inevitable reply. :)

Zhukov Dec 19th, 2003 12:02 PM

I think One Time Only is using Humour again.

mburbank Dec 19th, 2003 01:26 PM

I hope he was kidding when he used the word Objectivism as if it were a real philosiphy and Ayn Rand a more serious writer than Stephen King. Hey! I'm embracing Dark Towerism as my personal philosiphy.

KevinTheOmnivore Dec 20th, 2003 02:15 AM

http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=8406

mburbank Dec 20th, 2003 10:27 AM

You should probably reference that thread every time OAO posts.

Anonymous Dec 20th, 2003 03:42 PM

:pac

kahljorn Dec 20th, 2003 10:12 PM

I always thought max was kind of stupid about shit too. All he does is talk shit on Vinth, and often time looks just as bigoted and ignorant by doing so... i guess he isn't as bad as all the fucks who follow him selflessly, though.

KevinTheOmnivore Dec 21st, 2003 02:21 PM

Yeah, fuck Max.

Immortal Goat Dec 21st, 2003 04:11 PM

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...nten/ideologi/ vs.
THIS SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!

Brought to you by Snickers. Hungry? Why wait?

mburbank Dec 22nd, 2003 10:21 AM

I guess I disgusted OAO so much he left.

Or he's home from prep school for the holidays and his folks won't let him use the holiday computer after that whole Milton Freedman Nudy Site fiasco over thanksgiving.

AND FUCK ALL YOU PSYCHOPHANTS WHO FOLLOW ME, FUCKING LOWLIFE CHINK PICANINNY REPUBLICAN GROVER NORQUIST'S COCK SMOKERS! AND FUCK ME TOO!

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 22nd, 2003 11:03 AM

OAO's avatar made me hate him...then I read one of his posts...then I hated him all over again.

FS Dec 22nd, 2003 11:08 AM

YES, FUCK ALL YOU OLIPHAUNTS

punkgrrrlie10 Dec 22nd, 2003 12:01 PM

dude...snickers!

Helm Dec 22nd, 2003 08:31 PM

This thread turned out alright after all.

kahljorn Dec 22nd, 2003 08:45 PM

thank God I posted.

The One and Only... Dec 22nd, 2003 10:09 PM

Actually, I couldn't access the computer because I moved.

Still, burbank seems to be dodging the issues here.

Why isn't Objectivism a philosophy? Your opinions on its stupidity aside, it fits the criteria perfectly.

Furthermore, why do you reject Objectivism for, if nothing else, its radical egoism? Hedonistic egoism is a very old philosophy that goes far beyond Objectivism. Indeed, there are three main philosophical forms of hedonism: egoism, utilitarianism, and altruism. Granted, I more or less accept utilitarianism via egoism (which is paradoxical, but that is why I said more or less)... but that is not the point.

I never said that the air pollution thing proves that pollution is getting better, but the other information in the novel - as well as little evidence that suggests the contrary - should speak for itself, not to mention if you apply a little rationalism to the idea.

I'd really like to know exactly when burbank ever made me his bitch, except in some infantile minds who post here.

camacazio Dec 22nd, 2003 10:30 PM

I don't understand a word you just said. >: