I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fallout: New Vegas (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705181)

Mad Melvin Mar 21st, 2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345 (Post 756393)
Once again, I only get games after the DLC is all in one package... and the game is used.
Soooo, this game is sort of a give and take from FO3. They beefed up the levels, made the perks a hell of a lot better, and overall the character growth system is many times more enjoyable to make. However, the core of the game seems to have been diminished: the exploring. FO3's major strength over every other open world game of this kind was how fantastic its exploring was. Every dungeon had a distinct narrative, and there was little crap to discover here and there just for fun.
This game however seems to punish exploration, there is nothing to find. They have map markers to just mark areas in the middle of nowhere with nothing more than a boring dead body to populate it, and the areas that actually do have something only offer a tiny bit of consumables. The only good stuff comes from killing people, so scavaging through refuse is completely meaningless in this game.

Admittedly I've only been playing a about 6 hours, but it feels like they took all the comments and complaints about how to make FO3 better and used them to make a new game, but forgot to leave in all the stuff that was good about FO3 in the first place.

I think you have a point there. When I was playing New Vegas, I didn't really notice the lack of those "mini-stories", like the robot in FO3 that sang lullabies to dead children, because the quests in NW were so much better compared to FO3, that exploring the world was kinda secondary. Still, NW is far superior to FO3, IMO, and i'm pretty sure there is a mod to NW which adds some random locations with some cool shit.

Dimnos Mar 22nd, 2012 12:27 AM

If you have it on hard mode and have to scavenge for food and clean water, scavenging almost becomes required. If you really want to get into the crafting, the game becomes a huge scavenger hunt.

Guitar Woman Mar 24th, 2012 01:54 PM

Where do Rex and ED-E go when you dismiss them from your party? They don't seem to be at the Lucky 38 with my other companions, and otherwise I've got no idea where to start looking.

I wouldn't mind without them so much except that even with the Riot Shotgun and Reinforced MKII Combat Armor, Cass gets killed really really easily in high-risk fights, like the Legate clusterfuck at Hoover Dam. I don't want to use another companion because she's my favorite character in the game.

Dr. Boogie Mar 24th, 2012 03:05 PM

I think ED-E goes to Primm, and Rex goes back to the King?

executioneer Oct 20th, 2013 01:07 AM

my last playthru of this i reverse-pickpocketed a landmine into Benny's pants it was the best :sunglasses

LordSappington Nov 30th, 2023 05:02 AM

I do not know how many characters I've played this game through with. It and DOOM II are my favorite games, ever.