I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The road to Wrestlemania (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16237)

Drev Feb 8th, 2005 01:38 PM

The road to Wrestlemania

So it's around that time for Wrestlemania to happen again, and I see a nice line-up of matches developing so far. Right now there's the possible main line-up:

World Heavyweight title
HHH vs. Batista (or someone else if he jumps to SD)

WWE title
JBL vs. Cena (vs Batista if he jumps to SD)

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

Gene Snitsky and Heidenreich vs. The Undertaker and Kane

Matches that may happen:

Randy Orton vs. Christian

Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit

I'm gonna order it. :O

Royal Tenenbaum Feb 9th, 2005 12:35 AM

I wondered if that oiled up tough guy will win. :/

Anonymous Feb 9th, 2005 02:08 AM

Ha ha! You won't catch Royal watching pro wrestling! No sir!

Mockery Feb 9th, 2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
Ha ha! You won't catch Royal watching pro wrestling! No sir!

"I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you nowwwwwww..."

James Feb 9th, 2005 01:17 PM

Don't forget that they'll probably have a women's ma- OH WAIT! They fired all their female wrestlers.

I can't wait to see the lingerie contest for the women's title between Christy and Maria. >:

Schimid Feb 9th, 2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Don't forget that they'll probably have a women's ma- OH WAIT! They fired all their female wrestlers.

Upgrade!

Anonymous Feb 9th, 2005 07:19 PM

I thought they just fired gail kim (and maybe ivory?). Did they nix victoria too?

Sam Feb 9th, 2005 08:45 PM

Isn't Stone Cold supposed to come back? >:

Drev Feb 10th, 2005 01:40 AM

Also, they hired all but I think 2 of the Raw Diva contestants, doing stupid-ass roles, like Maria.

The only good peron out of it was Amy Webber, who is on Smackdown as JBL's image consultant. She can actually talk without sounding like a stupid whore!

But now she quit because the other wrestlers were teasing her and stuff. :(

James Feb 10th, 2005 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
I thought they just fired gail kim (and maybe ivory?). Did they nix victoria too?

They fired Nidia, Gail Kim, and Jazz. That left Trish Stratus, Victoria, Molly Holly, and Lita as legitimate female wrestlers.

They have NOTHING for Victoria and Molly. Given Molly's character, she's been on TV less times than you can count on one hand in as many months. Victoria has been reduced to a booty-shaking filler girl (she was on Raw the other night in the same capacity role as Christy and Maria; posing and looking pretty, without doing any ringwork).

The WWE is only focusing on Lita and Trish as female wrestlers, and now Lita is injured for another 6 months. So with nobody for Trish to feud with, Trish is hardly on TV either. And since she's a heel, they don't flaunt her about like they do Victoria.

So they have NO female wrestling roster. At all. We get one diva search winner, 2 diva search losers (who are SO airheaded and bad at acting that it hurts me), and Stacy. And any one of them is getting more air time than all the female wrestlers combined.

Drev Feb 10th, 2005 06:24 AM

From what I heard, there's a rumor they hired this female wrestler to play the role as Lita's sister so that she fghts Trish for crap until Lita gets back.

We have a masterpiece here, ladies and gentlemen.

Dynamic Dustin M. Feb 10th, 2005 01:50 PM

Wrestlemania without Roddy Piper or Hulk Hogan=Enormous waste of time.

Mockery Feb 10th, 2005 01:53 PM

Does anybody have any of the early Wrestlemania's on DVD? Like the first 3 or 4 of them, from back in the early 80's? I'd love to do a feature on 'em, but I don't even know if they exist on DVD :o

timrpgland Feb 10th, 2005 02:22 PM

My little brother has almost all of the old Wrestlemanias on original VHS tapes. 1-15 and whatever else. Some other old PPVs too including Summer Slam, Royal Rumble, etc.

I don't know if they are available on DVD though but they could be burned if I knew anyone with a DVD burner.

Drev Feb 10th, 2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
Does anybody have any of the early Wrestlemania's on DVD? Like the first 3 or 4 of them, from back in the early 80's? I'd love to do a feature on 'em, but I don't even know if they exist on DVD :o

I saw at my Hastings store in the rental section for a DVD set containing WM 1-9. I think they would at least have them on DVD by now.

In other news, Brock Lesner is being a bitch. He's sueing WWE for not letting him get out of a contract THAT HE SIGNED. After the horrible match at WM 21, he left on good terms so that he can persue his dream in the NFL (which failed). Before he left, he signed a no-compete contract which says that he can't go to a different brand and do matches over there (like TNA). And the thing doesn't expire until mid-2010. Oh, plus he's married to Sable.

Drev Feb 10th, 2005 03:48 PM

I found the DVD I was talking about, but it's actually just a HISTORY of the first 9 WMs. Sorry. :(

James Feb 10th, 2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drev
From what I heard, there's a rumor they hired this female wrestler to play the role as Lita's sister so that she fghts Trish for crap until Lita gets back.

We have a masterpiece here, ladies and gentlemen.

They should have Jeff Hardy come back as Lita's aborted baby, to feud with Snitsky.

As for the Wrestlemanias, you might be in luck. The WWE has a setup called WWE 24/7. It's like On Demand, except you can order past episodes of WWF, ECW, WCW, WWE, and PPVs. When it becomes more widespread, you might be able to get the wrestlemanias off there.

Only downsides: Ridiculous price for the content offered (let's say twice as much for HBO On Demand, with only a quarter of the content). And all WWF logos would be blurred out. Also, any instances of "Hulk" Hogan being mentioned would have to be edited as well.

Fucking Marvel.

Dynamic Dustin M. Feb 10th, 2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

I could probably get you the VHS versions.

Mockery Feb 10th, 2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamic Dustin M.
Quote:

I could probably get you the VHS versions.

I prefer to get it on DVD somehow, cuz capturing from the VHS tapes really bites. :o

Drev Feb 11th, 2005 02:33 AM

THis week Raw and Smackdown aired from Japan. I have to say if they aired WWE shows from Japan from now on, the show would rock more. The audience were polite and clapped for the wrestlers. It just looked neat on TV. Raw was okay, but Smackdown sucked balls. >:

ALso, watch the current Wrestlemania commercials where they have superstars imitate famous movie scenes. They are fucking hilarious. So far they've shown Forest Gump (played by Eugene and William Regal), Braveheart (played by HHH and Ric Flair), and Basic Instinct (played by Stacy Keibler, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, and Christian). You can view them at wwe.com

Studio8 Feb 14th, 2005 01:31 AM

I just got back into watching wrestling.
I like the Batista vs. HHH matchup, but I think they can hold out on another feel good ending to Wrestlemania. Benoit took the cake last year and Batista winning wouldn't be as huge.

However, (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't all the undefeated JBL stuff a blatant setup to see him finally drop the belt at WM? Not that I mind that, I'm just wondering who they are going to hand the belt to. Because the last time I checked, there aren't many deserving on the Smackdown roster. I suggest a fourway, where JBL is first pinned. The crowd would go nuts.

And Heidereich/Snitsky vs. Kane/Taker is HORRIBLE.
But Angle vs. HBK is pretty good.

Drev Feb 14th, 2005 04:59 AM

Well, there's rumors of how the WWE title would be dropped. They're saying that JBL may drop the title to Cena, but I also heard that JBL will hold the title up to Summerslam. I like JBL as a character, but not as a wrestler. They really need to have good wrestlers hold the belt more often.

Also, one of the new things that are done annually is the post-wrestlemania draft, where like 6 or more Raw and Smackdown superstars are switched to the other brands. The biggest rumor is that there will be a trade that orton will go to SD and Cena will be on Raw.

Zbu Manowar Feb 14th, 2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Wrestlemania without Roddy Piper or Hulk Hogan=Enormous waste of time.
Agreed.

Quote:

If you want to do a really good minimock, we could do one on what happens to wrestlers after they leave wrestling. You know, the drugs and police incidents and genetic manpulation (Chyna) and such.

Quote:

In other news, Brock Lesner is being a bitch. He's sueing WWE for not letting him get out of a contract THAT HE SIGNED. After the horrible match at WM 21, he left on good terms so that he can persue his dream in the NFL (which failed). Before he left, he signed a no-compete contract which says that he can't go to a different brand and do matches over there (like TNA). And the thing doesn't expire until mid-2010. Oh, plus he's married to Sable.
Man, his life sucks and his career is now over. I wish I could be sorry for him but honestly? Wrestling is a career cul-de-sac.

Studio8 Feb 14th, 2005 06:19 PM

I knew about the draft, but I didn't know that it was an annual thing...are they for sure doing that this year again?

And I agree with you on JBL - an awesome character you love to hate on paper, but it's not very much fun to watch him wrestle. I think he's going to tank once he drops the belt. Because I don't think anyone is interested in much else besides watching him lose his belt.

I miss King of the Ring.

Drev Feb 14th, 2005 06:26 PM

Well that's what I heard. I dunno if there will be a draft, but I heard there would be a trade. I do hope a draft would be annual because it gives it a good shake-up on both brands.

I hope JBL doesn't sink when he loses the belt. In fact, if JBL decides not to wrestle, I hope he beomces a color commentator and not just focus entirly on the stock market. He'd be perfect to replace King, IMO.