I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Zhukov Aug 11th, 2009 06:27 AM

Wait, why the heck are they remaking Death at a Funeral when it was only released a few years ago? WTF.

Wait, Martin Lawrence? Jesus Christ.

Dimnos Aug 12th, 2009 01:33 PM

It be da Mercin remake son. :redneck

darkvare Aug 12th, 2009 11:12 PM

i found a copy of killer clowns from outter space i freaking love this movie chessy but awesome

Esuohlim Aug 13th, 2009 12:39 AM

Searching for Bobby Fischer is also chessy but awesome :x :x

executioneer Aug 13th, 2009 02:06 AM

lol @ u

Zhukov Aug 13th, 2009 10:33 AM

So I just saw GI Joe, and it was alright.

Stupid, didn't always make sense, horrible acting, horrible story, ideas and design blatantly stolen from various mediums, and the last climactic battle scene was pretty much all the Star Wars movies rolled into one, but with plenty of over the top and needless CGI.

It had a Wayans (Maybe?) brother in it, so that sucked.

Oh, speaking of which, none of the gags were funny.

BUT it was still a reasonable amount of fun. Good times were had laughing at this movie and the bad script.

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2009 10:50 AM

Did it in fact have the gay Cobra Commander?

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2009 02:50 PM

Speaking of Star Wars, I watched the remastered Return of the Jedi for the first time last night. I was into Star Wars hardcore as a kid (had all the limited edition action figures, eschewed dolls entirely in favor of making an Ewok village in the rhododendron bush in the front yard) and more or less had the original trilogy memorized.

That being said, I kept finding myself thinking/saying "What is this shit?" over and over.

For what it's worth, the sarlacc was a lot scarier without the ridiculous tentacles and octopus-beak in the middle.

Krythor Aug 13th, 2009 07:58 PM

why did you watch the special edition? I'm sure you can still get the originals on DVD (as bonus discs, that makes me so mad.)

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2009 09:13 PM

Directors cut of Alien

executioneer Aug 14th, 2009 03:52 AM

wolverine origins or w/e its full title is

kind of dumb but since i was not expecting it to be any good at all i guess it didn't disappoint? also i had to shut off the part of my mind that cares about the actual origin stories of any of the characters because lord almighty was that dude yelling up a storm

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 14th, 2009 10:50 AM

The Unborn..... I could have done without seeing it. It had some parts that make you jump but the story was almost as bad as the acting....bad times.

Kitsa Aug 14th, 2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 641621)
why did you watch the special edition? I'm sure you can still get the originals on DVD (as bonus discs, that makes me so mad.)

It was what they were showing on TV. I haven't gotten around to hunting down the original trilogy on DVD yet.

RaNkeri Aug 14th, 2009 05:59 PM

Collateral

I fucking love the disco scene, it's the only reason I'd need to watch this movie repeatedly

Guitar Woman Aug 16th, 2009 03:34 AM

A Clockwork Orange.

I can't fucking believe I've gone for so long without seeing this.

executioneer Aug 16th, 2009 04:41 AM

i don't think i've seen it all the way thru either :( for some reason kubrick's films just fail to keep my interest for long enough, i've only been able to make it thru 2001 once w/o falling asleep

Guitar Woman Aug 16th, 2009 04:52 AM

You basically have to have a high tolerance for repitition and tedium I guess?

I think the only Kubrick movie I legitimately don't like is Lolita, which I saw yesterday.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 16th, 2009 10:45 AM

The first time I watched Clockwork Orange I had to use the English subtitles.

Sam Aug 16th, 2009 01:42 PM

Full Metal Jacket and The Shining are the only ones I've seen all the way through.

I fall asleep during Clockwork Orange every time. :(

whoreable Aug 16th, 2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 642166)
i've only been able to make it thru 2001 once w/o falling asleep

it is ridiculously hard not to fall asleep during that movie.

I just watched the diving bell and the butterfly. I should have hated it since it was French but it was a pretty amazing story. Its based on a true story about a dude thats completely paralyzed except his left eye.

The Leader Aug 16th, 2009 04:15 PM

Kubrick is my favorite director ever. I think I might have an abnormally long attention span, though.

Mad Melvin Aug 16th, 2009 04:33 PM

The Hangover. Better than I expected and I was entertained. Still, kinda forgettable and I propably won't be watching it again.

Kitsa Aug 16th, 2009 04:45 PM

Weirdly, I just finished re-watching Lolita on TCM On Demand. It's my second-to-least favorite Kubrick movie and I read the book so long ago I forgot big chunks.

It was weird because I kept hearing Tim Curry in the lead instead of James Mason. Their voices sound similar to me (I guess Tim Curry's has a slightly posher edge to it)

RaNkeri Aug 16th, 2009 04:57 PM

Kubrick is overrated :/

The Leader Aug 16th, 2009 05:03 PM

You take that back!