I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Tadao May 31st, 2009 05:15 PM

I'm watching the 13th Warrior again. I like to watch it at least every 2 years.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 31st, 2009 11:26 PM

I used to work at Keybank and I stayed up all night watching 13th Warrior and playing games. When I showed up to work they let me go. I was pissed when I got home but at least 13th warrior was badass.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 1st, 2009 11:17 AM

Rocketeer. <3

RaNkeri Jun 2nd, 2009 01:14 PM

X-men origins: Wolverine

It was ok, had some great action.

But why in the love of fuck did they make it PG-13?
And why did Deadpool suck so hard in this one?

Womti Jun 2nd, 2009 01:21 PM

watchmen

it was great but they screwed up Rorschach's character, they made him look like a fag cuz he removed his mask while on the job

Dimnos Jun 2nd, 2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 630821)
But why in the love of fuck did they make it PG-13?
And why did Deadpool suck so hard in this one?

Because Hollywood is ass sucking retarded. >: They need to quit making all these potentially bad ass movies PG-13. GROW A FUCKING PAIR ALREADY!!

ZeldaQueen Jun 2nd, 2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 630833)
Because Hollywood is ass sucking retarded. >: They need to quit making all these potentially bad ass movies PG-13. GROW A FUCKING PAIR ALREADY!!

Well if they made the Wolverine movie "R" then the younger teenage people who would go to see it wouldn't be let in. They'd lose money.

Anyway, I just saw the new Star Trek movie. Given my lack of Trekkie knowledge, I enjoyed it.

Dimnos Jun 2nd, 2009 04:57 PM

Do they really crack down on that kind of thing now days? REALLY?

Tadao Jun 2nd, 2009 05:16 PM

I was theater manager for like 2 years, we wouldn't sell the tickets, but we didn't really care if they jumped theaters. So a PG movie would get the money while an R movie would be seen without purchase. Fuck all if I'm gonna lose my job because some parents won't buy the tickets for their kids.

ZeldaQueen Jun 2nd, 2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 630867)
we wouldn't sell the tickets, but we didn't really care if they jumped theaters. So a PG movie would get the money while an R movie would be seen without purchase.

Yeah, I believe that's how my friends said they went to see "V for Vendetta". But still, as you said the movie doesn't get as much money and money talks in the film industry.

Tadao Jun 2nd, 2009 07:01 PM

Thanks for pointing out what everyone understood.

ZeldaQueen Jun 2nd, 2009 07:13 PM

You're welcome.

kahljorn Jun 3rd, 2009 02:55 AM

lol i used to go to the movie theater and jump movies and they would check tickets and not even say anything about ours :O

Taken really should've been called, TAKEN BY KARATE CHOP.

captain516 Jun 3rd, 2009 05:47 PM

ROBOCOP.

Kitsa Jun 6th, 2009 10:44 PM

re-watched Cool Hand Luke so the bf could see it.

When I watched it as a little kid, I totally didn't get that he was Jesus. The next few times I watched it, it became more obvious. Now it just seems heavy-handed, right down to the crossed ankles on the table after the egg contest and the whole Gethsemane deal at the end.

Tadao Jun 6th, 2009 10:58 PM

Really? I had no idea :lol

Kitsa Jun 6th, 2009 11:14 PM

Although I don't remember Jesus eating 50 eggs in the New Testament. Guess it could have happened.

This time I caught the last supper deal with the rice, too.

Tadao Jun 7th, 2009 12:20 AM

Oh man I can barely see the last super/rice in my minds eye. I guess it's time to rewatch it.

ZeldaQueen Jun 7th, 2009 12:56 AM

Titanic: The Animated Movie

Yes, this is real. Yes, it's set in 1912. Yes, it rips off Cinderella. Yes, it has a rapping dog with a Mexican mouse back-up.

captain516 Jun 7th, 2009 02:31 AM

I bet nobody dies either.

Kitsa Jun 7th, 2009 09:43 AM

Tadao:

Egg-eating contest: some miracle, not sure which, and then a mock crucifixion scene on the table afterward
Fellow prisoners: apostles, with Drag being Judas
"Stop feeding off me!": Jesus protesting against the press of people wanting help
Three escapes: the 3 times Jesus was supposed to have fallen
The plate of rice where each prisoner took a spoonful: The last supper
The "ditch digging" of his own symbolic grave: being tortured by his guards
The church standoff: The Garden of Gethsemane
The "recollection montage": the building of the Jesus mythology
(and so on)

Like I said, I used to think it was interesting but now I just think it's kind of heavy-handed.

ZeldaQueen Jun 7th, 2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 631721)
I bet nobody dies either.

Well they do, you just don't see it. A hot woman named Molly opts to stay behind and sing with the band, leaving her two 101 Dalmation-rip off dogs to cry.

Tadao Jun 7th, 2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 631726)
Tadao:

Egg-eating contest: some miracle, not sure which, and then a mock crucifixion scene on the table afterward
Fellow prisoners: apostles, with Drag being Judas
"Stop feeding off me!": Jesus protesting against the press of people wanting help
Three escapes: the 3 times Jesus was supposed to have fallen
The plate of rice where each prisoner took a spoonful: The last supper
The "ditch digging" of his own symbolic grave: being tortured by his guards
The church standoff: The Garden of Gethsemane
The "recollection montage": the building of the Jesus mythology
(and so on)

Like I said, I used to think it was interesting but now I just think it's kind of heavy-handed.

Yeah I watched it last night. I also noticed. A few other things too, like calling God "OldMan" and and when his mom dies he sings a song about the virgin Mary.

I've read a lot of bible, but now that I think of it, it was OG Bible. Not much Jesus stuff and I don't really recognize half the stuff you listed :lol

First thing I noticed though was him cutting off the parking meter heads. That would be like the story of the money changers.

Edit: I just found this page. http://www.textweek.com/movies/coolluke.htm

Sam Jun 7th, 2009 02:46 PM

LOST BOYS: THE TRIBE AND IT WAS BAD. :(

THE ONLY COOL PART WAS THE COREYS.

Kitsa Jun 7th, 2009 10:26 PM

Tadao- did my time in a Catholic charter school and some of my best friends are nuns.