I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Tadao Jun 16th, 2009 05:33 PM

You can do that? Sweeeeeeet!

Sam Jun 16th, 2009 09:31 PM

Like you didn't already know that. :rolleyes

captain516 Jun 16th, 2009 10:31 PM

I've been doing it since before it was cool.

stevetothepast Jun 18th, 2009 07:52 PM

I huff gas.

MetalMilitia Jun 19th, 2009 10:41 AM

The Rocker - I knew this was never going to be great but I didn't think it was going to be quite a shit as it was. I basically only watched it because I like Rainn Wilson but he couldn't save the film from it's clichéd shitness.
Basically he gets kicked out of this metal band (the spandex wearing variety) and 20 years later he shows them up by becomming sucessful drumming for his nephew's disney-brand emo rock band.

Religulous - Surprisingly entertaining and raises a lot of not exactly new ideas but sound ideas none-the-less. A lot of the interviews were great but I don't think any of his interviewees ever had much of a chance considering he makes a living from being quick-witted while a lot of the people he interviewed didn't appear to realise what they had let themselves in for. Also it seemed like a lot of them were easy targets from the get-go. He asks questions that ultimately do require discussion but I'm not sure if a televangalist from hick-town USA is really the best person to ask.

Ant10708 Jun 19th, 2009 11:00 AM

Up in 3D. Great movie. see it but be prepared to get sad at parts

Kitsa Jun 19th, 2009 03:27 PM

Gonna watch the Donnie Darko sequel tonight, I think.

Ant10708 Jun 19th, 2009 04:13 PM

Be warned Kitsa, it is supposed to be very bad

Kitsa Jun 19th, 2009 05:26 PM

That's what I heard.

Ant10708 Jun 20th, 2009 10:32 AM

Saw the 'Hangover' last night and I enjoyed it. It was much funnier then I was expecting. I'd recommend seeing it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 634446)
Gonna watch the Donnie Darko sequel tonight, I think.

Like, really really bad.

Kitsa Jun 20th, 2009 01:46 PM

Yeah, I'm not going to waste time describing it. Gonna go right to watching "Doubt" as soon as I have a couple of hours alone.

darkvare Jun 21st, 2009 03:14 AM

i saw alien yesterday and a question came to my mind.
Wich are the aliens that cover people in that weird goo?

MetalMilitia Jun 21st, 2009 06:58 AM

Last House on the Left - This was actually a passable horror. I thought it was going to be completely shit like When a Stranger Calls or whatever but they did mess with the formula a little which I liked. I'd like to see more films where the victims become the killers.

Kitsa Jun 21st, 2009 03:07 PM

Doubt- Very good, all of the leads were very subtle and understated, which is a welcome change from most of the flailing crap out there. Convent scenes always give me warm fuzzies. For the genre, though, I prefer The Magdalene Sisters.

House of Saddam- seemingly an attempt to turn Saddam Hussein's rise to power into a Godfather-like movie, but not nearly as good. Not enough fleshing-out of Saddam's victims before he offed them...you didn't fully understand who this guy was that he was killing, other than the fact that he'd been introduced to the story a moment before and claimed to be Saddam's friend. Might as well skip this one.

S. Darko- Does not merit comment.

Tadao Jun 21st, 2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 634787)
S. Darko- Does not merit comment.

So bad that I have to see it for myself eh?

Kilgore Cod Jun 21st, 2009 07:12 PM

Daywatch

An even more incomprehensible and convoluted mess than Nightwatch was, which is quite a feat. It has lofty ambitions but never shows anything resembling a workable plot. There are a number of different plotlines that literally go no where and the writing overall is one of the most incompetent I've ever come across. This makes the Matrix sequels look plausible in comparison. Terrible.

Zomboid Jun 21st, 2009 10:45 PM

I liked those movies, but I definitely agree that the plot is all over the place. Some things definitely got fucked up in the translation.

darkvare Jun 22nd, 2009 01:35 AM

is the third one out yet? (if the watch series)

Zomboid Jun 22nd, 2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 634749)
Last House on the Left - This was actually a passable horror. I thought it was going to be completely shit like When a Stranger Calls or whatever but they did mess with the formula a little which I liked. I'd like to see more films where the victims become the killers.

I thought it was pretty boring, pointless, and really ineffective. The original was extremely hokey in some parts, but this was just another shitty remake.

I don't know why I even expect anything out of horror movies, these days :(

Kitsa Jun 22nd, 2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 634794)
So bad that I have to see it for myself eh?

I wouldn't. Time is more valuable than that.

I couldn't even stand to watch the entire thing. I started, had an "ehhh" moment, fast-forwarded a bit, watched for a while, "ehh" again, fast forward a little more, then meh.

It bears almost no resemblance to the original other than that the little sister is the same actress and they try, so hard, to fit the bunny character in somewhere, to extremely poor effect.

There's none of the sophistication of the first movie. It's just an obvious attempt to wring one more film out of it. If the curiosity is killing you, I recommend looking up a spoiler for it and satisfying yourself that way. It was as bad as Hamlet 2, only much more boring.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 22nd, 2009 10:59 AM

I think they're trying to make a Donnie Darko 3 now but the original writer would be involved.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 22nd, 2009 03:37 PM

Heavy Traffic - Animated craziness of yesteryear. Just need to watch Fritz the cat again now.

Kitsa Jun 22nd, 2009 06:18 PM

I got Capote but haven't watched it yet.

Kilgore Cod Jun 22nd, 2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 634863)
is the third one out yet? (if the watch series)

Judging by the happy ending of Daywatch, I don't imagine they're making it. At least I hope not.