I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Walking Dead (on AMC) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705216)

Tadao Oct 27th, 2010 02:33 PM

The Walking Dead (on AMC)

You guys excited about this? I am, and as a bonus I haven't read the comic, so it will be an all new story for me.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Dimnos Oct 27th, 2010 02:37 PM

Same here. Never read it. All new. AMC. Cant wait.

Mockery Oct 27th, 2010 08:07 PM

Looking forward to it, and I've heard great things about it so far, but refuse to stay inside on Halloween just to watch a show I'll be able to watch later on in the week.

HickMan Oct 27th, 2010 11:42 PM

I'm going to watch it on Halloween. But that's only because I'm stuck in middle of buttfuck nowhere Kansas this year. I have an awesome costume and all, but dressing up just to get drunk in my barracks is a little depressing...oh well.

Tadao Oct 28th, 2010 12:41 AM

I've got the series set to dvr. Gives me options ;)

shekk Oct 28th, 2010 05:14 PM

i guess i have to expect a TV series to have slow character/plot development, but that first episode was boring.

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2010 05:30 PM

You got a link for the leaked episode? Im lazy and dont want to look for it myself right now.

shekk Oct 28th, 2010 05:35 PM

i dont know if i will get in trouble for posting .torrents here, bt just look up walking dead on btjunkie.com (or might have been demonoid)

this one is good quality. (NO)

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2010 05:37 PM

Thanks. Your probably ok in this case.

Tadao Oct 28th, 2010 06:46 PM

ban him

The Nun Eater Oct 29th, 2010 03:30 PM

I really want to catch it, but I am not going to go out of my way to watch it on Halloween night. I hate when they air major show of interest on bad ass holidays.

MarioRPG Oct 31st, 2010 05:21 PM

I can't say if I'm catching it tonight, because of other shows and I have to get up early so...

Dimnos Nov 1st, 2010 11:05 AM

Liked it. Cant wait.

Zomboid Nov 1st, 2010 04:52 PM

Same. And Nun, we get it. You enjoy Halloween.

HickMan Nov 2nd, 2010 08:18 AM

Not as much as I liked this first episode, though!

Tadao Nov 2nd, 2010 04:34 PM

Watched it last night. The only part I didn't like is that they HAD to bring in relationship woes. I'm sure it's in the comic too. Maybe it's in there so that your girlfriend won't bitch so much about watching the show.

Mad Melvin Nov 5th, 2010 07:55 AM

It was pretty damn good. I was really suprised I liked it as much as I did, since i'm getting pretty bored of zombies. The basis of the plot was just a huge cliche, but somehow that didn't bother me at all. Maybe it was the very well made gore, big production values or the decent acting. There were a bunch of very cool scenes, namely the scene under the tank. That was intense.

Tadao Nov 9th, 2010 05:46 PM

So I started watching part 2 just now and they start off with BOO HOO I MISS MY HUSBAND BUT I NEED A FAT COCK IN MY PUSSY RIGHT NOW. I'll put it back on later, I'm not in the mood for soap opera in my zombie show. They could have left it at that with the end of the first episode, but nooooooo they are gonna harp on it for as long as they can. I can't wait for the kid to be all I THOUGHT YOU LOVED DAD! I HATE YOU! and then run off into town alone looking for his dad. :rolleyes

Zomboid Nov 9th, 2010 05:52 PM

Did you get to the part with Michael Rooker as a crazy, tough-guy racist?

Tadao Nov 9th, 2010 06:36 PM

Nah, I turned it off, so I can drink and feel disappointed. Gonna turn it back on and drink and yell at the screen.

MattJack Nov 10th, 2010 03:28 AM

I have the first couple of volumes of this. Felt like the story wasn't anything special. Matter of fact, I found it quite predictable and worn out. It probably doesn't help that I'm not a big zombie fan.

I haven't checked this show out because I found that the graphic novel was rather meh. Assuming the show will be just as underwhelming.

MarioRPG Nov 12th, 2010 03:35 PM

Show so far is alright... As with everything, could benefit from more zombie killing.

Dimnos Nov 12th, 2010 04:11 PM

Anyone who read the comic watch this yet? How much is it following the comics? If at all.

blood_panther Nov 15th, 2010 03:11 AM

it's actually staying pretty close to the comics. a couple changes to make things "more exciting" but so far no real big changes to the plot.

Tadao Nov 17th, 2010 04:47 PM

This show feel like a chore to watch. I don't get excited when it dvr's. As a matter of fact, it takes me like 3days to start it. :/