I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   someone i know got cancer (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9264)

Rez Feb 4th, 2004 07:49 PM

someone i know got cancer

and she just fell into a coma because she had an internal hemorrage and emergency surgery.

she's also one of the coolest people alive.

quite obviously god does not exist.

:(

TeRRaNuSER Feb 4th, 2004 07:51 PM

i have cancer

FartinMowler Feb 4th, 2004 07:53 PM

I ate a whole bottle of Olives. Is there any thing else we can talk about that's more depressing?

Geggy Feb 4th, 2004 07:56 PM

hey thanks, terranuser, you've given us hope that god does exist...

that sucks, rez, all you can do is hope for the best and see what happens.

Cosmo Electrolux Feb 4th, 2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *FARTINMOWLER*
I ate a whole bottle of Olives. Is there any thing else we can talk about that's more depressing?

I'm drinking an Amstel light beer....It's suprisingly tasty. I may have another.

FartinMowler Feb 4th, 2004 08:22 PM

Molson dry...#3 and still you guy's are ugly.

Drew Katsikas Feb 4th, 2004 08:38 PM

THANKS FOR THE WISDOM OLDSIE :)

ted-core Feb 4th, 2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *FARTINMOWLER*

wow eating a whole bottle is pretty hardcore. Good job.

Schimid Feb 4th, 2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

someone i know got cancer
Spooky's had cancer.

Comrade Rocket Feb 4th, 2004 09:11 PM

My friend Andy got cancer last year. He had to get a Bone Marrow Transplant, but now hes back home. But he cant leave his house for another 80 days.

sadie Feb 5th, 2004 10:26 AM

i'm sorry about your friend, rez, but i don't understand how his/her getting cancer is proof god doesn't exist. :philosophyforum

Cosmo Electrolux Feb 5th, 2004 10:49 AM

because it's okay that millions die every day from all sorts of horrible maladies and accidents, but someone he knows gets sick and suddenly God hates us all. :)

he's like 14 years old.

MisSFiT Feb 5th, 2004 12:29 PM

No, he thinks God doesn't exsist because all the peices of shit, wastes of human life, and assholes live to be 100 years old.

And good people, like the one he knows has to suffer.

The whole "Why do bad things happen to good people?" question.

Immortal Goat Feb 5th, 2004 02:51 PM

Only the good die young :billyjoel

liquidstatik Feb 5th, 2004 02:52 PM

i suck real bad :immortalgoat

Methuselah Feb 5th, 2004 02:59 PM

Cancer does suck a ass-load of shit. My aunt had breast cancer, but she is all better. And it does suck that there are worse people who live long lives while good people have to deal with such things as cancer. God does exist, and you wait and see your friend will get better and they will be a better person for not letting cancer win.

Pee Wee Herman Feb 5th, 2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methuselah
God does exist...

PROVE IT, BIBLEMAN!

Drew Katsikas Feb 5th, 2004 05:32 PM

CARFULL PEE WEE UR ONLY POSTING 30 TIMES A DAY!

Rez Feb 5th, 2004 05:59 PM

as an agnostic, i am more inclined to say whatever i want in anger over the question of the existence of god. as i am completely pissed about this in a comically ineffective way, i'm leaning toward him not existing at all for putting this shit on one of my best friends.

now if i were a beliver in the Christian God, and would then turn against because of one incident of cancer, that would be "being 14 years old." but not knowing or caring to know gives me all sorts of blasphemous leeway.

she came out of a stage 2 coma and is now in stage one. it's great news for me, but i'm waiting for when she pulls through alltogether *crosses fingers*

Cosmo Electrolux Feb 5th, 2004 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisSFiT
No, he thinks God doesn't exsist because all the peices of shit, wastes of human life, and assholes live to be 100 years old.

And good people, like the one he knows has to suffer.

The whole "Why do bad things happen to good people?" question.

because we are put on earth to suffer. All of those useless people and pieces of shit have families that say the same thing and wonder why douchbags like you keep living while their loved ones suffer. Get used to it. No one ever promised that life would be fair.

ArrowX Feb 5th, 2004 08:34 PM

Cancer Sux Fat Sweatty Ass

Hobo Renee Feb 5th, 2004 08:46 PM

Alan, when my aunt got cancer everyone asked me if there was something that they could do for me, and it's a stupid question so I'm not going to ask it to you, but if you need someone to either talk to about this or to get your mind off of it let me know. Somehow the Toyota always has a quater of a tank of gas.

sadie Feb 6th, 2004 11:36 AM

hey, renee. :)

life can certainly suck sometimes, especially when it comes down to the suffering of the innocent and the good.

i didn't realize part of agnosticism was not caring one way or the other.

SMN Feb 6th, 2004 11:41 AM

My deepest sincerity to all who have to face that pothole in the road of life called "Cancer". My grandmother died of cancer 2 years ago. It was rough because she was in the hospital alot, and she and I were very close.

:melt

Rez Feb 6th, 2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadie
hey, renee. :)

life can certainly suck sometimes, especially when it comes down to the suffering of the innocent and the good.

i didn't realize part of agnosticism was not caring one way or the other.

it's not, at least i dont think so. it's my add-on.. the existence of god holds absolutely no interest to me.

hey renee, thanks for the offer. this week has been pretty shit because of this and i havent really called anyone until last night, so you're not the only one i've ignored this week.

more good news though: she's still in stage one but being really responsive to the outside world.