I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

bigtimecow Jan 16th, 2009 12:24 AM

put the homebrew channel on your wii and play the original. it's waaayyyy better

Zomboid Jan 16th, 2009 01:05 AM

I have tuesdays and thursdays off this semester, and when I wake up on those days, I kinda lay in bed for a bit and wanna play video games but I'm too fucking lazy/tired to get up and go play xbox on my good tv. I'm thinking I should put my wii in my room and start playing some virtual console games again :O

I downloaded link to the past, harvest moon, and a couple others without beating em (on VC!) and that just seems wrong somehow.

bigtimecow Jan 16th, 2009 01:31 PM

i'm going to play and beat mother3 FINALLY

....says the hypocrite who bought a flashcart 2 years ago when the translation was first announced :(

Phoenix Gamma Jan 16th, 2009 02:22 PM

I repaired my PSP this afternoon after royally fucking it up and ordering replacement parts from Hong Kong sometime last December. Got back to playing Dissidia, because it's still rad. I really want the US release, though. I have no idea what half of this shit does.

Also, I never knew Everyday Shooter came out for PSP, which is awesome. I'm really diggin' it.

WhiteRat Jan 17th, 2009 12:17 AM

Super Metroid via an emulator that's playable on Dreamcast.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 17th, 2009 10:27 PM

I want to play Zero Mission. I tried a bit of it when it came out on a display at a store but didn't get too far.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 18th, 2009 12:18 AM

Man, Zero Mission blows your mind when you finally beat the Mother Brain. I won't spoil it, but it totally flips the game on its head at that point.

I liked the new areas, and the totally reworked bosses were pretty rad. Super Metroid is still better, but ZM was pretty close.

executioneer Jan 18th, 2009 09:34 AM

i got dead rising! it is a lot of fun but the savegame system is fucking irritating >:

Fathom Zero Jan 18th, 2009 11:54 AM

My mic broke. :(

And I'm not paying $20 for another piece of shit one.

darkvare Jan 18th, 2009 01:17 PM

my old xbox one still works on my 360 lol

Big McLargehuge Jan 18th, 2009 04:40 PM

Barkley Shut up and Jam: Gaiden. Nobody should have to kill Kobe Bryant :'(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 18th, 2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 608504)
Barkley Shut up and Jam: Gaiden. Nobody should have to kill Kobe Bryant :'(

I've read the synopsis of this. How bad was it really?

Big McLargehuge Jan 18th, 2009 07:44 PM

it is bad in an awesome way, and the combat system is just different enough to be good.

pac-man Jan 19th, 2009 07:24 PM

I liked it. It's a great throwback RPG, the story is ridiculous but it's fun and it works. And yeah, the combat system is good (sorta like FFVI) and keeps you involved.

Microshock Jan 19th, 2009 09:03 PM

I got crash commando 2 days ago and it's basically team fortress 2 and soldat combined.
I haven't really gotten into it since i played for an hour after i bought it and didnt even turn on my microphone
Even the text seems like its taken from TF2.
I also kind of want magic ball , it's pretty much breakout or arkanoid but you can play it co-op online with voice chat, 10 dollars seems a bit too much for it

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 19th, 2009 09:34 PM

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. I've been playing this with my friends for about 7 years but we just started playing it online with other people recently. Nothing makes a lick of sense.

WhiteRat Jan 20th, 2009 11:41 PM

Picked up Rock Band 2 tonight.

Playing vocals just reaffirmed my belief that I cannot sing worth shit.

Angryhydralisk Jan 21st, 2009 12:07 PM

I've been playing Twilight Princess still. 30 hours and I'm on the last dungeon. It's been probably one of th emost fun Zelda games I've ever played.

Big McLargehuge Jan 21st, 2009 02:16 PM

you are slow at zelda, real slow

Phoenix Gamma Jan 21st, 2009 06:50 PM

I know someone who took three months to beat it.

...ahem.

Someone came over my house today with some drum master game for PS2. It's this incredibly japanese game where you hit this drum controller with two sticks and a cartoon drum dances around and shouts at you.

Shit's fucked up. But I liked being able to beat the shit out of a drum and not feel bad for hitting too hard. I have a habit of getting carried away with Rock Band.

Sam Jan 21st, 2009 07:58 PM

:lol Taiko Drum Master

bigtimecow Jan 21st, 2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 608978)
I know someone who took three months to beat it.

...ahem.

>:

Fathom Zero Jan 21st, 2009 11:38 PM

Tearing ass through Prey. Just wish someone was playing online.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 22nd, 2009 12:53 AM

Finally, FINALLY, beat Persona 4. 68 Hrs and 40Min, about 10Hrs less than the previous game.

I can't decide which I like more. P4 improves so much of the combat and social aspects (actual role playing?! In a videogame?!), but it dropped the ball so many times (two hour introduction?!). I liked P3's characters way more, but I was really sad at the end of P4 too.

I think I'll take a break from RPGs for awhile. I'm not ready to see other people :(

OxBlood Jan 22nd, 2009 02:38 AM

Man, I want to play that game too...stupide Europe not releasing it until sometime later this year...