I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2009-2010 Men's collegate basketball thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703537)

Pentegarn Nov 14th, 2009 09:58 AM

2009-2010 Men's collegate basketball thread

And about damn time too!

The Buckeyes are killing their cupcakes so far (as they should be) but they get a real test this Thursday against NC (and that's not even their Big 10/ACC challenge match!). Looking forward to it!

I expect them to get deep this year in the March Madness tourney :)

WhiteRat Nov 20th, 2009 09:51 AM

Iowa lost their first two cupcake games at home to UT-SA and Duquesne! Iowa might be lucky to win 3 conference games this year. It's going to be a hilarious year for the chickenhawks.

Pentegarn Nov 20th, 2009 10:00 PM

OSU lost to UNC, not too shocking, it IS UNC afterall, but they kept it close in the end so that was encouraging, and OSU bounced back and beat a ranked Cal. So I think this team could with a little polish, make a strong showing in March.

Esuohlim Nov 20th, 2009 11:53 PM

MSU scraped by against Gonzaga, our supposed "hardest game of the season", already. Looking forward to a great season of basketball.

Pentegarn Nov 21st, 2009 12:14 AM

No shit there, MSU is going to be dangerous. Can't wait to see them play OSU in the Big Ten regular season.

Geggy Nov 21st, 2009 06:46 AM

Kansas jayhawks is going to be scary good this year. I'm willing to make a total of $500 bet with 10 different people that they will win the ncaa championship in 2010

WhiteRat Nov 21st, 2009 08:58 PM

With the number 1 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft the Minnesota Timberwolves select Cole Aldrich, Center, University of Kansas.

We'll take him back with open arms.

Pentegarn Nov 24th, 2009 04:33 PM

EDIT: I misread something, nothing to see here

In the world of coach meltdowns though, we get another gem from Miami(Ohio)'s coach

This clip is SO good

WhiteRat Mar 9th, 2010 07:51 PM

This thread has been neglected.

With the big conference tourneys starting we've already seen the poor UCONN Huskies lose to St. Johns.

Colonel Flagg Mar 9th, 2010 08:32 PM

After a great start to the season, 'Nova has looked mortal these past few weeks. To get a decent seed they need to make serious noise, possibly winning the Big East tourney. I'm not sure they can do it.

Temple, on the other hand, has a shot at an above average seed, if they can win the A-10, which they can do.

All in all, a pretty good year for Philly college hoops. :) Let's hope it continues.

EDIT: What I meant to say, of course, was that I hope it continues.

WhiteRat Mar 9th, 2010 08:36 PM

For some reason i've always rooted for Temple, even in football. Colonel, you are NOT alone.

GO OWLS!*

*I need a team to root for in the tourney

Pentegarn Mar 10th, 2010 07:30 AM

Selection Sunday is coming up. That will mark the beginning of March Madness and I can't wait to be wrong about 75% of my picks.

Pub Lover Mar 10th, 2010 10:30 AM

Woo, March Madness! :D

Pentegarn Mar 10th, 2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 675449)
This thread has been neglected.

I have been thinking of that too. I have a new theory to why it is so. This year's college hoops were fucked up beyond any year I have ever seen, and I remember Gonzaga ruining every bracket ever and the George Mason debacle. When is the last time most of the ACC was on the bubble and likely to be in the NIT? I think our confusion over this years mess rendered us speechless :lol

WhiteRat Mar 10th, 2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 675649)
I have been thinking of that too. I have a new theory to why it is so. This year's college hoops were fucked up beyond any year I have ever seen, and I remember Gonzaga ruining every bracket ever and the George Mason debacle. When is the last time most of the ACC was on the bubble and likely to be in the NIT? I think our confusion over this years mess rendered us speechless :lol

The constant shuffling at the 1 spot in the Top 25 sure didn't help either.

Once again this year I will be calling for Syracuse to make it to the final 4, which is something i've done nearly every year since 2003 and it screws me every time.

sigh...

Pentegarn Mar 11th, 2010 12:23 AM

This might be their year, they are going in hot, and that seems to matter.

Babs Mar 13th, 2010 04:22 PM

Must I say anything?

Esuohlim Mar 13th, 2010 05:21 PM

That was beautiful :(

First Babs post I ever liked

Pentegarn Mar 14th, 2010 09:45 AM

That shot could make Turner go legend

Babs Mar 14th, 2010 06:19 PM

So Ohio State becomes a number 2 seed and takes on 15th seed UC Santa Barbara in Milwaukee and I believe in might be on Thursday.

Pentegarn Mar 14th, 2010 07:20 PM

Forget that. How the hell did Duke get a 1 seed? West Virginia or Villanova deserved that 1 seed more than Duke. Duke will likely lose to Louisville.

Colonel Flagg Mar 14th, 2010 09:04 PM

Every time I pick the BD's to lose early they end up going to the Final 4. I picked them to go all the way - they're certain to get knocked out in Round 1 now.

Make history, Damn You! >:

Colonel Flagg Apr 5th, 2010 10:59 PM

And on another note ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tourna...ory?id=5056964

Even though I think it would be mahvelous, Coach K would be certifiably insane to accept that position. Heck, even if he were a dishwasher at the local Stucky's I'd think about it a long time, if I were he.