I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who else remembers Snick? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702476)

lumpisan Jun 18th, 2009 05:51 PM

Who else remembers Snick?

I found some old episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? on youtube and was over come with a wave of nostalgia for early 90s nickelodeon...does anyone else remember Snick?

Dr. Boogie Jun 18th, 2009 06:27 PM

I remember Are You Afraid of the Dark and All That. Looking back, the latter wasn't really all that funny. And it was very taxing on Coolio's street cred. Then later, a couple people from that show got on SNL, and continued to be not funny.

But Rocko's Modern Life was good.

Tadao Jun 18th, 2009 06:40 PM

Rocko was awesome.

robo_rob Jun 18th, 2009 06:49 PM

Snick started as I was entering high school, so I only watched it a few times (crappy part time job and social life kept me away from tv on Saturday nights). I do remember catching it a few times, and some of the shows in reruns. I did like 'Are you afraid of the dark?' for the most part. If it was out when I was younger, I'd probably have been an avid fan.

Dommin Jun 19th, 2009 06:25 AM

Saturday Night Nick > *.

Are You Afraid Of The Dark scared the living shit out of me.

Durrsomething Jun 19th, 2009 10:16 AM

You and me both, especially the Virus one. (Though to me today, he looks like the mutant offspring of Destro and Gary Coleman.)

Man Nick used to be cool, but now it's a tween hellhole full of shit sitcoms, shit cartoons, and shit education shows

Dimnos Jun 19th, 2009 10:50 AM

You Can't Do That on Television :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 19th, 2009 02:31 PM

I had a grape crush on Catalina from "Space Cases" and wondered what happened to her. She ended up also being the hot mechanic Kaylee on Firefly. :love

LordSappington Jun 20th, 2009 03:38 PM

GoodBurger.

Esuohlim Jun 20th, 2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrsomething (Post 634405)
Man Nick used to be cool, but now it's a tween hellhole full of shit sitcoms, shit cartoons, and shit education shows

Yeah ok, but keep in mind that you were a kid at the time. My 30-year-old sister always hated early-90s Nick and thought that's when it turned to shit. Kids nowadays are going to think their generation's Nickelodeon was the pinnacle of televsion compared to Nickelodeon ten years from now.

Nickelodeon never changes, people just grow up. And they still have nostalgia for the shitty things they liked when they were kids. Some of the old stuff still holds up, but Salute Your Shorts is pretty bad when you're not a kid.

LordSappington Jun 20th, 2009 04:53 PM

To be fair, a lot of the kids shows back then could get away with more controversial stuff. I mean, these days, you can't even have a nosebleed on Batman!

Tadao Jun 20th, 2009 04:55 PM

It's a trade off. The kids can now show skin and make fart jokes.

Dimnos Jun 21st, 2009 09:49 AM

Yeah kids no days get more sluts. :\

Durrsomething Jun 21st, 2009 12:06 PM

The last spectacular show on Nick was Invader Zim, and look at what happened to it.......

I blame All Grown Up, that show successfully murdered all of Nick's dignity

Esuohlim Jun 21st, 2009 01:01 PM

Invader Zim was terrible :rolleyes

And I thought you weren't supposed to post here anymore

Durrsomething Jun 21st, 2009 03:40 PM

Well I'd pick Zim any day over some of my childhood icons being turned into tween abominations

lumpisan Jun 21st, 2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 634689)
It's a trade off. The kids can now show skin and make fart jokes.

yeah i know i remember back when rocko was out pepole were complaining about all the nipple jokes.... weve come so far

Angryhydralisk Jun 25th, 2009 10:40 AM

To me Catdog was the beginning of the end for good nick shows. Zim is just ADD bullshit that quirky Hot Topic kids go nuts over.

Anyways, I watched Snick every chance I get. Good stuff on there. First two seasons of All That, Rocko, Clarissa, And of course Are You Afraid of The Dark?

I asked my friend if he ever watched Are You Afraid and he quipped, bordering on tiraded "Naw, when I was that age I was watching HELLRAISER!. why would I watch bullshit like that when I can watch HELLRAISER!"

ZeldaQueen Jun 25th, 2009 04:52 PM

I have a few memories of it. All That was actually pretty funny I thought (although my taste in humor's probably on the fringe...:\)

For some reason, I can remember the time SNICK had the Spice Girls as guest stars. They were holding a contest where at a certain time, you called in and could potentially win the SNICK couch stuffed with cash. I actually thought I'd win that. Wasn't I optimistic back then? (Moreso than now even) :lol

Fathom Zero Jun 25th, 2009 05:16 PM

REPAIRMAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN

Ant10708 Jun 26th, 2009 02:12 PM

Good Burger!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 26th, 2009 04:40 PM

Secret World of Alex Mack.

Tadao Jun 26th, 2009 04:44 PM

The Leader Jun 26th, 2009 04:55 PM

Tadao Jun 26th, 2009 04:57 PM

:lol