I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Online chess players? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18702)

Tadao Jun 19th, 2011 07:17 PM

Hey guys, I say we boycott ZBF

Colonel Flagg Jun 19th, 2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 726845)
:lol I keep 11 going. That's one of the reasons I'm so horrible at chess. ;)

Screw it, that's good enough for me. Challenge accepted! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 727013)
I think I'm just about screwed here against Flagg, but at least I made it a struggle >:)

You want to resign? :D I think I'll end up with a King, queen and 2 bishops against your King in a few moves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 727051)
Hey guys, I say we boycott ZBF

Agreed. >:

Esuohlim Jun 19th, 2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 727057)
I think I'll end up with a King, queen and 2 bishops against your King in a few moves.

I'm not going out without a fight!

Colonel Flagg Jun 19th, 2011 08:38 PM

Good! :D

kahljorn Jun 20th, 2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Anyone got any ideas on how to checkmate my little bother?
im assuming you're black.. move your queen right next to him lol but move your bishop to a spot it can protect it first. he can try to move to kill your bishop but itll take him two moves.

so basically, move black rook diagnoly up and right and then move your queen all the way next to the king

the only thing he can do is move his queen in front of your queen. oh wait i didnt see the other pawn :O
alternatively you can move your pawn two spaces forward, next move move it forward again, next move move your queen next to it but then you have to move your king first

ooor you can move your bishop all the way up to next to your pawn, your queen will protect it, then you can m ove your pawn forward without having to move your queen and also your bishop can protect your queen for another check mate :O :O:O

this last ones the best cause you have two options for a checkmate

Tadao Jun 20th, 2011 11:20 AM

I think I'll take a chance on that last one, it looks like a killer :O

Tadao Jun 20th, 2011 02:23 PM

On scoring at chess dot com. I believe they score you on every move you make, not just weather you win or lose. If you blunder, you get negative points, if you make strong moves you gain points.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2011 02:34 PM

I was trying to figure out how that worked.

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2011 02:34 PM

I'm getting immensely bored with chess now. That's why I am the way I am, Pub.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2011 03:36 PM

If you castle queen side its like a dub step move.

Tadao Jun 20th, 2011 04:00 PM

I haven't gotten to that part of theories yet. Been watching http://www.chessvideos.tv/ and it has improved my game. I have a feeling we are all gonna become better harassers through all of this. We have Shyandquietguy to thank, he's the one who started all this.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2011 04:16 PM

Tadao has some shady deals going on in this game.

Tadao Jun 20th, 2011 04:35 PM

HAH! You totally took me out. I started not looking were I move again. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 20th, 2011 05:29 PM

I didn't even see that until the last second though. I was going to move my king away and try and save face.

kahljorn Jun 21st, 2011 03:30 AM

did you win with my checkmate :lol

dont forget if he sacrifices his queen you can still use your pawn :O

although i dont remember how it looked but he might've been able to kill your bishop with his horsey, but it still would've taken 2+ turns

Tadao Jun 21st, 2011 11:30 AM

Yeah, he played a very different move and changed the game completely. Fucker. >:

http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=45579929

Guitar Woman Jun 21st, 2011 01:13 PM

This shit is going nowhere.

kahljorn Jun 22nd, 2011 12:38 AM

:lol you lost your queen?

pretty sure you lost dude he has more pieces than you and you can't move your pawns very easily :(

i guess you can move your pawn all the way to the left two spaces forward and start working towards the other end of the board

Tadao Jun 22nd, 2011 12:52 AM

yeah, he forced me to lose my queen. what a fag

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2011 01:07 AM

I've killed off the queens so often that I've basically forgotten how to effectively use one in anything but the endgame.

I always get them out of the way if I have the option and am not in a position to box the enemy one up quickly.

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 02:05 AM

I'm still playing the same game against Flagg since last Thursday. Checkmate's in only about two moves but he's been gone all day.

And 10kV Ghost is pretty damn good and I still don't know how I beat him the first time I played him.

Tadao Jun 22nd, 2011 02:06 AM

I used to trade queens right away all the time, I can play without them.

Esuohlim Jun 22nd, 2011 02:09 AM

I don't mind trading queens unless I plan on doing something with it soon or if I'm already down a few pieces. Sometimes it's nice not having to worry all the time if it's in trouble or not

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 22nd, 2011 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 727645)
I'm still playing the same game against Flagg since last Thursday. Checkmate's in only about two moves but he's been gone all day.

And 10kV Ghost is pretty damn good and I still don't know how I beat him the first time I played him.

Cuz you took my hasek.

kahljorn Jun 22nd, 2011 03:15 AM

i might make an account for this tomorrow since i dont have shit to do between 1245 and 530

except sleep in the library. other than that i guess i could study or pick up on chicks, but i dont really do either of those :lol
I GUESS I COULD START THOUGH.