I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you GIVING this year? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23294)

Sethomas Dec 18th, 2006 04:54 PM

What are you GIVING this year?

Let's all hope that none of our recipients read this thread before they get their gifts!

What are some of the gifts that you feel special about giving to people? My family gifts are kind of lame this year, just giving them basic shit that they'd actually asked for or would obviously like or whatever. BUT I'm getting one of my best friends a box of 20 Fat Cat cigars. They're awesome, the band has a Cheshire cat smoking a cigar in a pinstripe suit and the catalog described them as being "Acrid and Foul". I'm also getting him a bottle of mead, 'cuz he asked for a nice bottle of wine but he likes mead so he'll never see that one coming!

I just now gave my girlfriend her gift, I dropped it off at her work and told the desk to give it to her. SHIT, I just remembered that I forgot to mark off the price on the frame! I chose it because she's a Near Eastern Languages and Cultures major, it's a leaf from the Koran dating to around 1650 and it's written with gold leaf and shit. I had it professionally framed with a really nice frame (marked $44, but on sale with 75% off!) and a brass plaque saying what it is. Suede matting, bitches!

Now I just need to find a gift for my other best friend. She's a girl and she's really cool, what should I get her??

Oh, I'm not ultra-rich, I just have more income than usual right now because my costs of living aren't much of an issue.

Zomboid Dec 18th, 2006 04:59 PM

Drinks for my friends when we're at the bar next. There's not really anyone I'd go and buy a present for aside from my mom and I'll probably end up getting her a new cell phone or something since hers is ANCIENT :O

Krythor Dec 18th, 2006 05:02 PM

"My Girl" on DVD with a christmas message marked on the back of a baby photo of me standing next to a christmas tree inserted inside the case. And champagne.

noob3 Dec 18th, 2006 05:30 PM

nothing

liquidstatik Dec 18th, 2006 05:33 PM

i cant afford to give this year :x

MetalMilitia Dec 18th, 2006 05:39 PM

My girlfriend wants some kind of vibrator but I need to order it to my parents house as I'm home for christmas. Should be ok but there is certainly the possibility of an extremely arkward situation.

I'm also getting a phone and probably the entire Family Guy (S1-5) box set.

GADZOOKS Dec 18th, 2006 05:41 PM

:lol

noob3 Dec 18th, 2006 05:42 PM

Hey why don't you fuck your girlfriend a little better & you won't have to buy her a vibrator :(

MetalMilitia Dec 18th, 2006 05:44 PM

I'm away at university for most of the week and she likes sex a hole bunch.

liquidstatik Dec 18th, 2006 05:50 PM

at least she's not fucking other boys, i guess :x

MetalMilitia Dec 18th, 2006 05:51 PM

exactly. Not that she would anyway mind - I'm far too much of a catch >:

GADZOOKS Dec 18th, 2006 05:53 PM

Tell her to go get a job, christmas isn't for vibrators.

noob3 Dec 18th, 2006 05:55 PM

edited for vulgar content!!

Big Papa Goat Dec 18th, 2006 07:02 PM

My girlfriend doesn't want an actual Christmas present, she wants me to donate either to the World Wildlife Federation, or to some Vegan Animal Rescue Farm. :rolleyes
So I adopted a koala from the World Animal Federation, which I'm pretty sure is just the ghetto version of the World Wildlife Federation. But it probably won't arrive before Christmas :( Christmas shopping :(

I don't think there's actually a koala bear coming, but you do get some kind of koala bear paraphenalia or some such.

xbxDaniel Dec 18th, 2006 07:06 PM

Like his paw? Cuz that would be cool.

I'm giving my dad chrome for his bike.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 18th, 2006 08:14 PM

I got my brother Brainage for the DS, Seinfeld Seasons 1 & 2 for dad, and some book for my mom.

Gorlack the Destroyer Dec 18th, 2006 08:16 PM

im getting marvel zombies (HC) for a friend.

AngryTinyMan Dec 18th, 2006 10:40 PM

I got my brother a t-shirt with a monkey holding a stick of dynamite with the caption "I'm a slow learner."
I got my sister Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I'm going to wrap it, stick the DVD in a jar, fill the jar with dirt, then wrap up the jar and give her that.
I pitched in $52 with my brother to buy my mom a pair of binoculars.
And my dad told me he didn't want anything, so I'm still trying to figure something out. Maybe a CD or something.

Yggdrasill Dec 18th, 2006 11:20 PM

CD player to my little sister.

Teeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD collection to my baby sister.

Azrael Dec 19th, 2006 04:58 PM

A shitload of Bratz. As creepy as those things are. And my nephew gets SmackDown! vs RAW.

Mystie Dec 19th, 2006 05:13 PM

I'm giving out all kinds of great presents this year... lessee.... one of my friends is getting 20Q, which I think is a pretty cool gift, seeing as it's one of the top toys of 2006. My mom loves pink flamingos, so I got her one of those potted-plant size pink flamingos. My Wii brother is getting a pillow designed like a ? block from Mario as well as some Nintendo Stampers and a keychain version of the Zelda Game & Watch and some root beer Flavor Aid. My PS3 brother is getting a new controller for his PS3 and some other gay shit.

theapportioner Dec 22nd, 2006 09:16 AM

blowjobs

mburbank Dec 22nd, 2006 10:41 AM

Hep B

Lenor Dec 22nd, 2006 01:30 PM

I got my two best friends HELIO cell phones.
my mom a spa day.
im sending chojin naked pictures.. hahahahah.. kidding ;)
and I took like 5 people out to eat.

the rest of my money is for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :rave :rave :rave w00t

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 22nd, 2006 02:02 PM

what a coincidence, I'm sending Chojin naked pics too.