I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hollywood is full of shit. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8547)

Mockery Jan 8th, 2004 03:06 PM

Hollywood is full of shit.

I just found out that both Matrix flicks just got the shaft from Hollywood. They're not being nominated in the best special effects category, which is total bullshit since "Pirates of the Carribean" and "T3" are listed in there. Whether or not you liked either of the Matrix movies, there's no denying that there wasn't some extremely impressive special effects going on in both films (that huge attack on zion in the 3rd film alone is worthy of recognition).

It's like they went out of their way to shit on the Wachowski brothers. Ah well, I guess this just further proves just how full of shit award shows really are.

-RoG-

Mr. Vagiclean Jan 8th, 2004 03:30 PM

Yeah that Matrix Reloaded battle in the highway surely beats the Arnold's make up effect in T3.. And since when did hollywood "bravely" step up the plate to stick such high budget movies like that?

sports Jan 8th, 2004 04:27 PM

T3 special effects sucked. Looked like the movie was 3-5 yrs old. Pirates deserves it ( and best film of the yr and best actor/co-actor too. )

Ninjavenom Jan 8th, 2004 04:31 PM

I hope you die in a horrible, horrible car wreck or plane crash. Or shark attack. Depp was good in that movie, but he was all that kept it in the box office. Matrix 3 deserves it and you know that damn well.

sports Jan 8th, 2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

I hope you die in a horrible, horrible car wreck or plane crash. Or shark attack. Depp was good in that movie, but he was all that kept it in the box office. Matrix 3 deserves it and you know that damn well.

...you talking to me?

Ninjavenom Jan 8th, 2004 05:00 PM

Did the other guy say anything about Pirates deserving a special effects award over either matrix movie?

ziggytrix Jan 8th, 2004 06:01 PM

i don't hope he dies, i just hope something happens where his access to the internet or at least the i-mockery forums is cut off.

or his head, cut off i mean, that would work too.

in jesus' name,
amen.

sports Jan 8th, 2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

Did the other guy say anything about Pirates deserving a special effects award over either matrix movie?

Haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd matrix films...but pirates deserves it anyway... :lol

Royal Tenenbaum Jan 9th, 2004 01:03 AM

The Matrix is one of the all-time worst series in cinematic history. Police Academy is better. I am so happy Hollywood is ignoring it's terrible visual effects and rewarding superior films.

Dole Jan 9th, 2004 02:12 AM

I have to agree there.

whoreable Jan 9th, 2004 09:07 AM

hey me too!

The first one had some ground breaking effects and deserved some recognition, the 2nd one, didnt really come up with anything all that new or innovative, and besides that, as far as I am concerned it just sucked. I havent seen the 3rd one.

Sicktodeathmx Jan 9th, 2004 09:59 AM

While you are all kind of on the subject of Pirates.. Did anyone think Depp was mimicking his role as Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing? They were so much alike.. The hand movements, the voice patterns...

Protoclown Jan 9th, 2004 12:22 PM

If anything deserves an award for visual effects, it's "Return of the King".

Anonymous Jan 9th, 2004 12:24 PM

Matrix 2 deserves it.

Protoclown Jan 9th, 2004 12:52 PM

I agree that the effects in Matrix 2 were great, but there were some REALLY awful moments (during the Smith brawl particularly). Pirates was also really well done. Terminator 3 was nothing special as far as effects go though.

But none of those can come CLOSE to ROTK.

Mockery Jan 9th, 2004 01:03 PM

I actually thought the effects in the 3rd Matrix movie were cooler. The huge attack on Zion, the giant computer city & ships... all great stuff. The 2nd Matrix definitely had flaws in the Burly Brawl scene, but still... I don't see how either movie can get shunned from the voting in the special effects category when you compare them to T3 or Pirates. That's just horse shit.

And yeah, ROTK will win without a doubt.

Anonymous Jan 9th, 2004 01:39 PM

I think 2 deserves it for the freeway chase. I mean, they built miles of highway for that scene. Until 'special effects' doesn't include non-computer-generated horseshit.

Also, I have the DVD of 2 now and I still can't see what people complain about in the burly brawl.

Mockery Jan 9th, 2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
I think 2 deserves it for the freeway chase. I mean, they built miles of highway for that scene. Until 'special effects' doesn't include non-computer-generated horseshit.

Also, I have the DVD of 2 now and I still can't see what people complain about in the burly brawl.

The burly brawl was extremely entertaining and much of it was well done, but you could definitely see when it all of a sudden changed to CGI characters. Their bodies looked fine, but the faces became too... i dunno... plastic.

As for the freeway chase, that's easily one of the best action sequences ever filmed. Everything about it is just badass.

Ant10708 Jan 9th, 2004 03:25 PM

No matter how much you hate the second and third Matrix does not mean that their great special effects have to be ignored. But I hate award shows anyways so whatever.

Command Prompt Jan 9th, 2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

While you are all kind of on the subject of Pirates.. Did anyone think Depp was mimicking his role as Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing? They were so much alike.. The hand movements, the voice patterns...
No. It was Keith Richards he was mimicking. But perhaps all perpetually drug addled people begin acting the same at some point.

Mockery Jan 9th, 2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708
No matter how much you hate the second and third Matrix does not mean that their great special effects have to be ignored.

Yeah, I already said that...

"Whether or not you liked either of the Matrix movies, there's no denying that there wasn't some extremely impressive special effects going on in both films"

Immortal Goat Jan 9th, 2004 04:27 PM

I agree with Chojin (:eek ) about the Burly Brawl scene. I can see where you are coming from about the faces, but all in all, I think it was fuckin' awesome. And besides, that scene was probably pretty tough for them to get looking THAT good. It probably took a long time to do.

Ant10708 Jan 9th, 2004 04:36 PM

I was agreeing and by more people saying it, it reinforces the fact.

I also forget that once someone shares their opinion I'm not allowed to if it happens to be a similar one. My bad.

Mockery Jan 9th, 2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708
I also forget that once someone shares their opinion I'm not allowed to if it happens to be a similar one. My bad.

Everyone except you is allowed. I'm sorry, you should have received that memo.

Ant10708 Jan 9th, 2004 04:49 PM

:)