I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your favorite booze (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701165)

Sam Nov 30th, 2008 05:15 PM

Your favorite booze

This is the time of the year where I (and probably a lot of other people) drink a lot more then usual.

You don't have to be one of those people, but if you have a favorite talk about it and share it with the fine folk here.

I'm talking brands people. IF YOU GET FUCKED UP WITH VODKA, WHAT KIND OF VODKA DO YOU PREFER. Personally, I don't drink vodka because it makes me black out and do fucked up stuff with my friend's sister. :(

I drink a lot of Jack Daniels, Jamesons, Bushmills, or Jaegermeister which I love drinking with Dr. Pepper. :(

I also drink Rum and Coke with this cheap-ass rum called Admiral Neilsons. :(

I also drink a ton of beer, and I love all kinds. :(

Asila Nov 30th, 2008 05:20 PM

Sailor Jerry. I used to get the girly flavoured stuff in vodka and rum, but realized that the sugar in it made me think that I wasn't drunk until I was too drunk, and then wake up after a few hours all jittery.

RaNkeri Nov 30th, 2008 05:23 PM

Rum and coke is good. Salmiakki flavored vodka is also awesome.

Haven't tasted any Jack, yet

Guitar Woman Nov 30th, 2008 05:35 PM

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, any kind of red wine because I am a SLUT, Curacao Martinis.

Kitsa Nov 30th, 2008 05:35 PM

I like Maker's Mark. It's good with Buttershots.

RaNkeri Nov 30th, 2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 598579)
any kind of red wine

Red wine is great especially with cheese and/or crackers. I only drink it when I'm visiting my folks though :/

Kitsa Nov 30th, 2008 06:00 PM

every time I hear about red wine I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORyzAhXzlQ

Tadao Nov 30th, 2008 06:53 PM

I like Skyy vodka with just a little ice. I don't keep my vodka in the freezer, there is never any room.

executioneer Nov 30th, 2008 07:07 PM

bushmills black bush, bushmills regular, ketel one (DAMN IT ACHEWOOD >:), jose cuervo

in that order

Aaarg Nov 30th, 2008 07:20 PM

I like Jack (sometimes mixed with Coke, depending on my mood), straight Tanqueray, Capt Morgan (and Dr. Pepper).

As far as vodka is concerned, I don't really know too many brands. I know I like Smirnoff and hate Absolut.

Guitar Woman Nov 30th, 2008 07:30 PM

Speaking of vodka, I'm also partial to white and black russians!

Colonel Flagg Nov 30th, 2008 07:40 PM

Bourbon (Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, Bulleit)
Irish (Bushmills, Jameson's, Tullamore Dew)
Rye (Sazerac)
Scotch (Laphroaig, Craggenmore, Bowmore, Glenlivet)

There are a few more, but this about covers it. ;)

glowbelly Nov 30th, 2008 08:05 PM

flagg, is the laphroaig the real peaty stuff? a gal pal of mine came over for a visit from scotland and brought some of the finest scotch i've ever tasted. i think that was the one.

i also love the maker's mark. had a nice sip on one last night. as far as beer goes, i'm a bass ale gal. i also love guinness.

Tadao Nov 30th, 2008 08:07 PM

guinness is tits

Asila Nov 30th, 2008 08:15 PM

Hoegaarden for beer, I dunno why. I cultivated a taste for it after speeding through a 6 pack once.

Zomboid Nov 30th, 2008 08:44 PM

I drank everything last night. I started with a rye and coke, then I had a paralyzer, then I had a rum and coke, then I had a gladiator, then I had a beer, then I had more rye and coke, and that was all in the span of like an hour and I don't remember much after that.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 30th, 2008 08:46 PM

I'm drinking some Murphys pub stout right now and my nipples are hard because of it.

I mostly drink different kinds of beer. A black/ tan is high on my list. Imperial IPA is fucking fantastic.

If I drink mixed drinks it's either Jamison with coke. Admiral Nielson is awesome and cheap.

Take a lick of salt, shot of tequila and then eat two sour patch kids.

Coconut Rum and Root Beer is the hotness.

pac-man Nov 30th, 2008 09:18 PM

Currently enjoying some egg nog with a bit of Ronrico Rum.

I realize, though, that I don't really have a favorite booze. I like different kinds for different reasons and occasions. As for beer, it's a tie between Shiner Bock and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Asila Nov 30th, 2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 598622)
Coconut Rum and Root Beer is the hotness.

Part of me wants to try that now

TheBigMan045 Nov 30th, 2008 09:55 PM

I do like a Monteiths Radler Lager (sounds girly cause its got a citrus kick) but when im really getting into it Jim Beam and coke, Woodstock Bourbon and Cola and Mount Gay on the rocks (best rum there is down under)

Kitsa Nov 30th, 2008 10:08 PM

rum makes me physically ill. I can't deal with the scent of spiced or coconut rum. Blaaarrrggghh.

As far as beer, Guinness. And Sam Adams Light, then Budweiser Select.

Evil Robot Nov 30th, 2008 10:17 PM

Two words, Absinthe.

Colonel Flagg Nov 30th, 2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glowbelly (Post 598611)
flagg, is the laphroaig the real peaty stuff? a gal pal of mine came over for a visit from scotland and brought some of the finest scotch i've ever tasted. i think that was the one.

Yes, it's peaty. However, your galpal may have brought another Islay malt we can't get in the states. There's one from the Isle of Skye that's been featured at the booze store - but I can't get beyond the price just yet. :(

Laphroaig is meant to be drunk with a splash of water, which releases the aroma of the peat fire. It's my ABSOLUTE favorite scotch. :love

darkvare Nov 30th, 2008 10:20 PM

beer and tequila with grapefruit soda but i also love whisky good good whisky

awesome bill Dec 1st, 2008 02:30 AM

Jim Beam Black for something hard but usually just beer. For darker beers I go with Guinness or Obsidian Stout(Deschutes Brewery). I'm not too picky about lighter beers, if I had to choose one I'd go with Red Hook IPA.

Dixie Dec 1st, 2008 05:37 AM

Anything I don't have to pay for.

Crimson Ghost Dec 1st, 2008 07:25 AM

The stuff that gets me drunk.

McClain Dec 1st, 2008 09:02 AM

Red Wines - Merlot or Shiraz. I also enjoy India Pale Ale's and the occasional winter brew. If it's liquor I typically go with rum.

Dimnos Dec 1st, 2008 10:52 AM

I mostly stick to beer these days. Fat Tire all the way, unless im in the mood for something lighter then I go with the XX. For the liquir... I keep it simple with the white russian.

Shrubfest Dec 1st, 2008 11:30 AM

Depends what i'm doing.

Beer is either Boddingtons or John Smiths.
Spirits tends to be Southern Comfort or JD.

Or whatevers cheap.

Grislygus Dec 1st, 2008 12:30 PM

I love the shit out of Red Breast, oh dear sweet heavenly powers I love it

Guitar Woman Dec 1st, 2008 01:04 PM

:gay

Also, this is the only good thing that has ever come out of coconuts. FUCK coconuts.

RaNkeri Dec 1st, 2008 02:11 PM

Does beer count as booze? :(

If it does, I should probably mention Kukko beer, my favorite brand. Comes in three brands :yum

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 1st, 2008 02:19 PM

Superjuice

http://newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw081123.html

The remote Manitoba First Nations tribes in Canada have largely moved away from alcohol abuse, according to an October Winnipeg Sun report, to the abuse of much more potent "superjuice," made with a fast-acting yeast that encourages quick brewing. According to a local probation officer, though, underbrewing results in the swill's continuing to ferment in the stomach after consumption, causing violent pain and progressive inebriation lasting for days. [Winnipeg Sun, 10-27-08]

Going to take a road trip to Winnipeg to try this soon.

MarioRPG Dec 1st, 2008 03:41 PM

Guitar Woman how gay are you? Pina Colada's and red wine? I can smell your heightened fashion sense from here. :lol

But seriously, I hate Pina Colada's because I hates the coconuts. :(

Sam Dec 1st, 2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 598788)
Does beer count as booze? :(

If it does, I should probably mention Kukko beer, my favorite brand. Comes in three brands :yum

I would count beer as booze.

kahljorn Dec 1st, 2008 05:13 PM

pina colada's are too sweet

thai curry kicks ass though so fuck all you coconut naysayers

Kitsa Dec 1st, 2008 05:14 PM

I still say, one part warmed scotch with one part buttershots is yum yum yummy.

I just might, tonight. My day's been going that way. $1500 car repair, shitty lunch that made my stomach hurt, my dog's been exposed to kennel cough and I can't seem to get anything done.

The solution, of course, would be to get drunk and pass out on the couch to an old Blue Jackets game on the DVR.

DevilWearsPrada Dec 1st, 2008 07:47 PM

Coors 30 packs, or OE/Coors 40s. anything cheap and easily attainable.

I used to have a hard-on for jaeger, but meh. I stick to anything made by hawkeye nowadays

MetalMilitia Dec 1st, 2008 08:35 PM

For a night in I tend to buy one 4 pack of Kronenburg and one 10 pack of Fosters (the one with the widget). Once I've finished off the Kronenburg pretty much all beer tastes the same so I can move to the cheap Fosters.

If I go out I tend to drink whatever ale they have on tap. Generally Six X or similar.

JJ_Maniac Dec 1st, 2008 08:37 PM

I've been partial to absinthe, which is now semi-legal in Quebec. Whee-hee. Gives yeh a hell of a hangover, though.

There's A Bat Dec 1st, 2008 08:56 PM

Captain Morgan is good.. I also like Skyy. prolly the best Vodka for the price.
I've never liked any kind of beer.

Big Papa Goat Dec 1st, 2008 09:04 PM

rye rye rye rye rye and ginger. pressed. lotsa ice and a wedge o lime. You really have to press it pretty good, basically equal parts water and ginger ale. Drinking any kind of mixed drink that's just booze and pop just tastes way too sweet to me now. I don't get how people do it.
A Texas Mickey of Canadian Club is Christmas Classic for sure, but if I want to drink something good it'll usually be Alberta Springs 10 yr. Or Alberta Premium, which is cheap, but absolutely rye-licious. For scotch, I've tried quite a few but I still basically like the basic Glenfiddich the best. I can't really get behind those Islay malts, I like a bit of peatiness, but I dunno about a lot of smokiness. A bit of bourbon can be awesome too sometimes, makers mark is good a really good one. I dunno about irish whiskey though, I just don't get it, it's like, not as flavourful as scotch (so it seems to me) but it doesn't seem right to mix it either. What is the reccomended way of drinking irish whiskey anyway?
Red wine is good, definitely merlot and shiraz in general for me, but I don't know much about it really. The best wine I've had was probably this Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon blend though. It tasted mostly pretty shiraz-y. Also, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum=high school drink 4 sure. For rum I'm about the Havannah Club, usually drunk as a basic mojito, made with mojito mix instead of all the complicated fixins. Beats coke anyway.
For beer I tend to drink from a local brewery called Big Rock that makes a great English Brown Ale called Traditional, and a good wheat ale called Grasshopper. Or Pilsner or Old Miluawkee if I'm being cheap.

Big Papa Goat Dec 1st, 2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 598792)
Superjuice

The remote Manitoba First Nations tribes in Canada have largely moved away from alcohol abuse, according to an October Winnipeg Sun report, to the abuse of much more potent "superjuice," made with a fast-acting yeast that encourages quick brewing. According to a local probation officer, though, underbrewing results in the swill's continuing to ferment in the stomach after consumption, causing violent pain and progressive inebriation lasting for days. [Winnipeg Sun, 10-27-08]

lol :(

There's A Bat Dec 1st, 2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 598792)
Superjuice

I also heard they drink mouthwash. :sleep

J. Tithonus Pednaud Dec 1st, 2008 11:38 PM

Peach Schnapps, MF'ers. Tasty, refreshing and it looks like a vodka tonic on the rocks.

Dixie Dec 1st, 2008 11:42 PM

I wish Seth would post.
:(
I miss my Seth.

Big McLargehuge Dec 2nd, 2008 02:03 AM

good beer, J&B, Ketel One, Coralejo, and any decent mescal.

Big McLargehuge Dec 2nd, 2008 02:04 AM

and
Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 598980)
Peach Schnapps, MF'ers. Tasty, refreshing and it looks like a vodka tonic on the rocks.

no it dosen't

Big Papa Goat Dec 2nd, 2008 03:41 AM

what kind of thing is it to say that peppermint schnapps looks like vodka tonic on the rocks? club soda looks like vodka tonic on the rocks, vodka soda looks like vodka tonic on the rocks, ice water looks like vodka tonic on the rocks. And what is this 'on the rocks' business, vodka tonic is a mixed drink, it's basically served with ice; it'd be like saying 'I'll have a rum and coke on the rocks'. Ridiculous!

Also, the only good schnapps is schnapps flavoured schnapps :aalborg

kahljorn Dec 2nd, 2008 04:09 AM

tonight i mixed together rum, really good coffee and creme brulee creammer :(

it kind of tasted like a white russian

Tadao Dec 2nd, 2008 04:36 AM

That sounds interesting.

Asila Dec 2nd, 2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God (Post 598984)
I wish Seth would post.
:(
I miss my Seth.

ditto. Someone drag him from his eldrich tower.

Tadao Dec 2nd, 2008 04:24 PM

I admit that I do enjoy a Negra Modelo every now and then.

Sam Dec 2nd, 2008 04:25 PM

Fuck yes. I drink many of those when I go to my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Tadao Dec 2nd, 2008 04:38 PM

I know this sounds weird, but have you ever put salt in yours? I learned to put salt and lime in a Tecate to make it bareable. I like to put a little salt in my Negra Modelo, I like salt.

MarioRPG Dec 2nd, 2008 04:40 PM

For when it's time to be smooth.

1800 Select Silver Tequila

Colonel Flagg Dec 3rd, 2008 02:06 AM

Tequila; occasionally an acceptable substitute for whiskey. :posh

Zomboid Dec 3rd, 2008 03:01 AM

I used to drink JD like crazy because it was available EVERYWHERE and it tasted just great when I was 17-19 :(. I also reeeeally like Sambuca sometimes, but I don't know why. So many people hate the taste, but I don't mind it.

My faaaavorite booze is probably Jaegermeister though. It's a cliche college guy drink, but it's so good.

That's if we're not including beer, cause if beer is included, my favorite booze is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Style_Pilsner

Dimnos Dec 3rd, 2008 01:33 PM

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 01:42 PM

I tried 99-proof rootbeer schnapps once and it literally felt like someone had stubbed out a lit cigar on my tongue.

Sam Dec 3rd, 2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 599158)
I know this sounds weird, but have you ever put salt in yours? I learned to put salt and lime in a Tecate to make it bareable. I like to put a little salt in my Negra Modelo, I like salt.

The tortilla chips they have at the restaurant are so salty, so technically yes. :(

MattJack Dec 3rd, 2008 08:08 PM

UNFAVORITE BOOZE: VODKA, GIN

Sam Dec 3rd, 2008 08:09 PM

THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC AT HAND, YOUNG MATTJACK. >:

DevilWearsPrada Dec 3rd, 2008 08:13 PM

One time at this party, this dude kept passing me whisky and this girl kept passing me uv blue and I drank them everytime then I blacked out and I guess I puked in the chicks purse, then I woke up with a horrible hangover and couldn't bring myself to drink anything but beer for like 2 months :(

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 08:23 PM

You know what else is horrible: Hypnotiq.

To me, it seriously tastes like right after you throw up.

MetalMilitia Dec 3rd, 2008 08:25 PM

Hypnotiq sounds like the name of a second-rate stage hypnotist.

WhiteRat Dec 3rd, 2008 08:25 PM

DO NOT DRINK THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE:

MattJack Dec 3rd, 2008 08:31 PM

Camo malt liquor? :lol

IS IT BECUZ WHEN U GET FUCKED UP U NEVER RLY SAW IT COMING?

Kitsa Dec 3rd, 2008 08:37 PM

The bf drank that cheapass steel reserve shit one time and he looked like he'd had a lobotomy.

He threw up lotsandlots.

It was scary.

Tadao Dec 3rd, 2008 08:39 PM

I was drinking steel reserve and alot of it, in some very poor days.

DevilWearsPrada Dec 3rd, 2008 10:19 PM

I like steel reserve because it has the highest alc. content of any beer, and it's cheap as fuck.

Also, I've wanted to try that hypnotiq shit for a while, it looks awesome :eek

Ninjavenom Dec 3rd, 2008 10:36 PM

New Amsterdam gin martini is my drink of choice, but i love scotch, rum, and vodka if i'm trying to get fucked up. Grant's, Bacardi Anejo, and Kutskova, in that respective order. I love working in a liquor store :D

Kitsa Dec 4th, 2008 08:35 AM

Hypnotiq looks awesome, but tastes like pukebile. Just get a little airplane bottle of it if you want to try it. Otherwise, better off coloring a better booze with blue curacao or food coloring.

Dixie Dec 4th, 2008 09:18 AM

Hypnotiq is good in champagne.
:)

darkvare Dec 4th, 2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 599154)
I admit that I do enjoy a Negra Modelo every now and then.

if you enjoy that you should really try this one the best dark beer modelo group makes
http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/im...0_5541.jpg&v=P

kahljorn Dec 4th, 2008 12:12 PM

Old English is stronger (or asstrongas) than steel reserve and tastes a bit better :(

ps i like drinkng mojitos a lot :( they are really good when you make them yourself, and very easy to make too.

Tadao Dec 4th, 2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 599785)
if you enjoy that you should really try this one the best dark beer modelo group makes
http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/im...0_5541.jpg&v=P

I shall look for it! Ty

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 4th, 2008 02:36 PM

I just found out they make coozies for 40 oz's. I need to get one by "National drink a Steel Reserve day". I still have a few months.

nothing4buddha Dec 4th, 2008 08:08 PM

<3 white russians but I'm a chick so what do I know?

Zomboid Dec 4th, 2008 08:15 PM

NOT A FUCKIN' THING!

Tadao Dec 4th, 2008 08:16 PM

Lol the H8ters are coming.

nothing4buddha Dec 4th, 2008 08:21 PM

awwe i'm crushed :< zomboid you don't love me anymore?

Big Papa Goat Dec 4th, 2008 09:04 PM

White Russians are for some reason way less gay than Black Russians. True story.
Also the best 40 oz is definitely one that I forget because I got too drunk from it. Or maybe Big Bear.

Kitsa Dec 4th, 2008 09:17 PM

You know what's great...

Raspberry schnapps and cranberry ginger ale.

Goes down like fruit punch.

I've always wanted to try a Dos Equis but never have. :/

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 4th, 2008 09:39 PM

A growler of Black Forest is good. Sometimes it tastes like tar but the good kinda tar.

Kybo Ren Dec 5th, 2008 08:05 AM

I roll with the double doctor:

it's liquid candycane- perfect time of the year

Kitsa Dec 5th, 2008 08:13 AM

heh. I like Dr. McGillicuddy's milkshakes (with vanilla ice cream)

Damn good and you have no idea how much alcohol you're having till it's too late.

MetalMilitia Dec 5th, 2008 09:32 AM

Brandon Dec 5th, 2008 03:37 PM

Always love a good Belgian abbey-style beer: a Chimay Grand Reserve or a Corsendonk or (if I can find it) a Westvleteren.

Spirits-wise, I prefer the old standards: gin and tonic, made with Hendrick's, or a Johnnie Walker Black.

Although, I always go nuts if I can find this somewhere:

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 5th, 2008 03:39 PM

I ran into someone drinkin hobgoblin a few weeks ago but they weren't helpful on telling me how the taste was or where they got it from? How is it?

Zomboid Dec 5th, 2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat (Post 599923)
Also the best 40 oz is definitely one that I forget because I got too drunk from it. Or maybe Big Bear.

Fucking sick. Some friends and I would drink Black Bulls in high school after our football games in some perverse way of mocking indians, and we'd get absolutely slammed, but they were so disgusting that I can't even LOOK at a 40 now.

MetalMilitia Dec 5th, 2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 600073)
I ran into someone drinkin hobgoblin a few weeks ago but they weren't helpful on telling me how the taste was or where they got it from? How is it?

It's petty strong (5.2%) and very flavourful. Just a really good dark ale.
It's made by a brewery that do a lot of nice stuff (Wichwood) but Hobgoblin is their best. The only thing to watch out for is that Hobgoblin on tap isn't the same as hobgoblin in a bottle - for a start it isn't as strong and it doesn't taste quite the same.

Try it if you get a chance though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 5th, 2008 04:56 PM

Thanks, I'll try and grab some in the bottle.

JediScum Dec 5th, 2008 05:17 PM

My fave booze used to be Haldol, I mean Miller High Life.It's different now though, at least locally. for the last 3 months or so, i would drink it and feel like like there was some kinda trace amounts of bathtub crank in it. (Meth).
I don't like meth and don't like feeling like i'm on meth.

Then again, i usually buy cans... Thinking "i could recycle this easier than i could glass" maybe the aluminum is giving me Alzheimer's.

But if any of you single ladies are interested, I wouldn't mind if ya came over with a truckload of the following: Moosehead, Saint Pauli Girl, Beck's, La Fin Du Monde, or Ommegang... or Ol' Nick.

Then we could have a lively debate (knockdown, drag - out fight) about why I abhor violence. Then we could fuck, i mean, try our best to imitate an old Harvey Korman/Tim Conway sketch from the Carol Burnet Show.

Then we could drink more and fuck, i mean, drink more and do a crossword puzzle... together.

This is going nowhere, right?

For beer, the above are faves.... i really don't drink hard liquor anymore... but when i did, Bacardi, Absolut and Jagermeister were top shelf for me.

Circumcized elves suck... and they're stupid.

WhiteRat Dec 6th, 2008 01:10 AM

High Life in cans definitely tastes like metal. I drink the shit all the time out of a bottle. It makes a huge difference.

Tadao Dec 6th, 2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 600074)
Fucking sick. Some friends and I would drink Black Bulls in high school after our football games in some perverse way of mocking indians, and we'd get absolutely slammed, but they were so disgusting that I can't even LOOK at a 40 now.

40s start to get really nasty towards the middle because they become warmer. Malt liquor is best in 22 ounces or not at all really.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 6th, 2008 02:29 PM

Growing up we didn't have wallpaper in my basement because my dad thought it was a better idea to have Miller High Life cans adorn the entire walls. They're still up, I'll try and get a picture.

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2008 09:19 PM

I have buttershots, whiskey, raspberry schnapps and peppermint schnapps.

And eggnog.

Which would mix best with eggnog? I'm assuming whiskey.

Colonel Flagg Dec 6th, 2008 09:32 PM

Rum, but whiskey should do.