I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Super Smash Bros (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18679)

Comrade Rocket Oct 6th, 2005 11:00 PM

Super Smash Bros

its a fun game have you ever heard of it i like being mario

Schimid Oct 6th, 2005 11:32 PM

Luigi and Ness in the 64 one, [Dr.] Mario, Ness, Game and Watch in Melee.

In Melee, Luigi doesn't jump forward with his ^+B attack, so it's useless as a third jump.

Ness was crazy powerful in N64, and in Melee he had a great moveset. PK Flash is hilarious to use on a huge group of people who don't notice you.

Jigglypuff is pretty sweet too--I use him and DK as jokes though :(

King Hadas Oct 6th, 2005 11:58 PM

Starfox and Kirby were always my favorites, although Kirby suffered from the problem that he could be knocked into space with only like 50% damage done to him, his stone move and his ability to duck under most attacks made up for it though.

Sacks Oct 7th, 2005 01:18 AM

Captain Falcon all the way, baby.

Xenogil Oct 7th, 2005 01:25 AM

Captain Falcon and Ness were the best in the original. Roy's my favorite in Melee.

Marc Summers Oct 7th, 2005 03:15 AM

My fave is/are the ICE CLIMBERS

Underneath their happy winter coats, these sexually-repressed pre-pubescent icelandic eskimos are actually cold-blooded assassins. Anyone who tries to grab me is instantly hit by the partner, they're pretty fast in getting their smash moves off pretty well, and they hit HARD. Plus you can have your AI buddy be a human shield for projectiles :D

Also Jigglypuff is an insanely good character once you know how to sleep well and use the wall of pain :o

DamnthatDavid Oct 7th, 2005 03:28 AM

Samus, Link, and Gandolf, depending on who I am fighting.

Ganondorf(and Captain Falcon) have mad juggling skills, Falcon being faster then Ganondorf but Ganondorf hits about 3-4 times harder.

Link, cause he has a well balanced abilities.

Samus with her projectile fun.

Sacks Oct 7th, 2005 03:40 AM

If only you had spelled it right so I could feel good about making a Lord of the Rings reference.

James Oct 7th, 2005 03:40 AM

I'd buy it if it was $20. It's not worth $30. :(

Schimid Oct 7th, 2005 05:55 AM

Ice Climbers? You must like to lose.

Also, I specialize in beating Kirby's. I'm a massive Grabber, and any bitch that tries to pull that stone shit gets evaded and grabbed :posh

On another note, my friend uses Yoshi, who I often thought to be useless, like I've never seen. He's crazy.

Krythor Oct 7th, 2005 11:37 AM

What function does Jigglypuff's FALL ASLEEP move serve exactly?

Emu Oct 7th, 2005 11:44 AM

If a character falls asleep and you do Jigglypuff's Down-B move right next to them, it blows them off the screen as if you hit them with a bat. It's magnificent in the 64 one, but it appears to have a failure rate of 110% on Melee.

iron mitchell Oct 7th, 2005 01:54 PM

re:

i always liked kirby and ness, though i haven't played in about two years since i lost touch with the girl who was borrowing it from me.

ArrowX Oct 7th, 2005 03:03 PM

For Fun Captain falcon on N64 (because it sounded like he yelled Fucking Punch on my crappy TV)

For ass whipping Fox

Melee I'd have to go wiht Samus.

Marc Summers Oct 7th, 2005 03:25 PM

Trust me, Ice Climbers are awesome. When your buddy is right next to you, pretty much all your moves hit X2. So down smash hits for about 18-20, side is about 20-24 (and spikes), and people fly far.

Guitar Woman Oct 7th, 2005 03:48 PM

>:

thebiggameover Oct 7th, 2005 04:40 PM

i like link and roy....

King Hadas Oct 7th, 2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid
Also, I specialize in beating Kirby's. I'm a massive Grabber, and any bitch that tries to pull that stone shit gets evaded and grabbed :posh

I'll remember that if Super Smash bros 3 goes online.

ScruU2wice Oct 7th, 2005 05:48 PM

I forgot the name of the other star fox character thats a falcon, but I totally kick ass with him..

Emu Oct 7th, 2005 06:31 PM

Falco. :themoreyouknow

xbxDaniel Oct 7th, 2005 06:37 PM

I'm pretty decent with Link, but I'm much better with young Link, just because he's a little faster though, I think.

Comrade Rocket Oct 7th, 2005 10:01 PM

i like being mario for one reason. his Up B attack makes that awesome coin sound... oh and droping fireballs on people

Schimid Oct 7th, 2005 11:42 PM

The best things are the little inside jokes you make inside the game. We do the Mario ^+B move and everyone yells "GIMME THEM DUCKETS"

There's also an opinion that the bumper is decidedly the most dangerous weapon in the game, since my friend is an idiot and is killed by one literally once every single round.

We say "FUCKING PUNCH" too and his taunt is "SHOW ME YOUR BOOBS"

I love this game :(

Dr. Boogie Oct 8th, 2005 02:13 AM

I loved doing Kirby's grab attack on people.

Also, being beaten by Jigglypuff always irritated my friends, so that's a definite favorite right there.

DamnthatDavid Oct 8th, 2005 03:41 AM

Mewto has some crazy projectile weapons and some of the best grabs.

Winning as Bowser always pissed off my friends.