I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Tadao Mar 28th, 2011 04:12 PM

The whole time I was wondering how Darkvare was doing. :(

All Hail Duke Mar 29th, 2011 12:16 AM

three o'clock high
first time i've seen it since i was a kid, it was very 80's and not in a good way

All Hail Duke Mar 31st, 2011 10:19 AM

child's play

All Hail Duke Mar 31st, 2011 05:49 PM

rango

LordSappington Apr 1st, 2011 04:00 AM

The Room
Fucking painful. I love it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 1st, 2011 10:15 AM

I want to see Rango. I heard they had the Room on tv last night.

Fathom Zero Apr 1st, 2011 10:50 AM

Evangelion 2.22.

Fucking things taking a million years to come out. I CAN'T WAIT LIKE THIS, GODDAMN IT.

All Hail Duke Apr 2nd, 2011 01:04 AM

robocop

captain516 Apr 3rd, 2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 716523)
The Room
Fucking painful. I love it.

I can't figure out what the deal with Tommy Wiseau is. He's either a Borat/Andy Kauffman wannabe or really stupid.

Tadao Apr 3rd, 2011 07:20 PM

Really, you can't figure out which one of those he is?

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2011 09:49 AM

I really want to see Arthur in theaters when it comes out. I have like this nonsexual Russell Brand thing.

I'll probably be disappointed.

Dimnos Apr 4th, 2011 09:54 AM

:(

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2011 09:57 AM

I guess I could see Russell Brand in Hop, too, BUT IT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME.

Colonel Flagg Apr 4th, 2011 12:47 PM

How so?

Monsters, Inc. rerun with my 8-year old. Epic.

(And no, my daughter's name is not Epic. Wiseguys.)

Tadao Apr 4th, 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 716739)
I really want to see Arthur in theaters when it comes out. I have like this nonsexual Russell Brand thing.

I'll probably be disappointed.

I'm sad that they did this. I've been on the fence about him and now he just fell onto the side of the fence that I don't like to go to.

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2011 02:25 PM

I'm anxious to see him in something different. As in, outside the Aldous Snow "it's a good thing I'm famous because if I wasn't this hairdo blahblah mental illness" thing.

I just watched the original Arthur again this morning. I was never incredibly keen on 80s Liza Minelli, but I love the movie. I even love Arthur's Theme and I don't care who knows.

I'll probably end up seeing both, but my toddler might start spazzing out during Hop and cut things off early :(

Tadao Apr 4th, 2011 04:40 PM

Oh shit, I've been trying to remember what the hooker looked like. I totally forgot it was Liza. Lol. As much as I loved the original, I don't know if I could actually watch it the same way as when it came out. I do think that Dudly was the perfect in that role and no one is really ever gonna be able to come close. So why even try. Here's another idea, let's remake Animal House and have John Goodman play Belushi's part.
That would be awesome.

Colonel Flagg Apr 4th, 2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 716755)
Here's another idea, let's remake Animal House and have John Goodman play Belushi's part.

Equally disturbing would be to do an "Animal House - the Reunion" looking at the original cast at their 20th reunion or something. That way, Jim Belushi could conceivably play Bluto.

Hey, it could happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 716750)
I even love Arthur's Theme and I don't care who knows.

Is it known yet if the movie will use the original theme music? Or will it be some hack doing a cover?

Kitsa Apr 4th, 2011 06:22 PM

I don't know, but if it's some hip-hop shit, it'll all be over :(

I tried to watch Stripes and Risky Business again the other day and couldn't get through them. Better to just let them live on in my memory.

Also, Tom Cruise annoys the hell out of me more now than he did the first time around.

Tadao Apr 4th, 2011 08:00 PM

I used to listen to my dads Christopher Cross album. :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2011 09:13 AM

Hot Tub Time Machine. Good times.

Kitsa Apr 5th, 2011 04:03 PM

I liked Hot Tub Time Machine too.

I saw Hop in the theater today. Liked the Russell Brand part, liked the Hugh Laurie part, hated the idea that the Easter Bunny is basically Santa based in Easter Island instead of the North Pole. I mean, they even had easter chicks hauling an egg-shaped sleigh.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2011 05:14 PM

Hahahaha, I want an egg shaped sleigh. The easter chick sounded like he has a rough german accent too.

executioneer Apr 5th, 2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 716776)
Hot Tub Time Machine. Good times.

i watched the beginning and ending of that, i went and did something during the middle though because i can't stand antics

Kitsa Apr 5th, 2011 06:59 PM

It was supposed to be Spanish, I think. His name was Carlos. The easter chick, I mean.

I dunno. I loves me some Russell Brand (in aforementioned nonsexual way), but the more I think about what I saw in "Hop", the less I like it. He was okay, but there were pretty massive plotholes and numerous stuff that was mentioned and never paid off. But damned if they didn't nail EVERY. SINGLE. RELEVANT. PRODUCT. PLACEMENT.

Think Willy Wonka meets Santa Claus: The Movie meets a 2 hour long commercial with some bloated guest stars thrown in and you have Hop.