I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Kitsa May 29th, 2011 01:17 PM

"The Other Boleyn Girl". What a horrendous piece of shit that was, despite the best efforts of perfectly respectable actresses Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johannsen. If historical accuracy could cause injury, that movie would have a papercut.

Much as I figured it would be, they wadded up the majority of the actual history and tossed it aside to revel in playing Pretty Princess.

Esuohlim May 30th, 2011 02:29 AM

I can't believe I waited this long to finally see Reservoir Dogs, but it's fucking fantastic. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie this much, it's even better than Pulp Fiction.

kahljorn May 30th, 2011 03:11 AM

A SNAKECHARMER.. A FUCKING DOCTOR!

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2011 03:15 AM

I have a Marvin Nash action figure. He's in a box with Two-Face at the moment.

WhiteRat May 30th, 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 723320)
the hangover 2 is similar to the first but a lot nastier still pretty funny though

I thought it was a stinker. Definitely not worth the 9 bucks I spent to watch it.

Ex Leper May 30th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 723617)
I can't believe I waited this long to finally see Reservoir Dogs, but it's fucking fantastic. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie this much, it's even better than Pulp Fiction.

A great Pogo style ripoff using this film

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2011 07:10 PM

Pogo really liked it. He's a Dainumo fan.

Colonel Flagg May 30th, 2011 08:22 PM

Saw Pirates in 2D with my son, 2 of his friends and my 8-year old daughter. This may have been the first movie we all saw together that we all enjoyed equally. That says something.

Dimnos May 30th, 2011 08:40 PM

Was Blackbeard a bad ass?

dextire May 30th, 2011 10:02 PM

Finally saw The King's Speech. The most I've enjoyed an over-hyped movie since The Dark Knight. :)
Geoffrey Rush is incredibly awesome in it.

Kitsa May 30th, 2011 10:04 PM

I liked it too. I heard there was a televised version without the swearing bit and thought that would be doing the movie a major disservice.

Tadao May 30th, 2011 10:06 PM

I don't think it was over hyped.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 30th, 2011 10:16 PM

He was a total badas.

dextire May 30th, 2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 723743)
I liked it too. I heard there was a televised version without the swearing bit and thought that would be doing the movie a major disservice.

Yeah, I don't think anyone could make the case that the swearing was unnecessary.

And yes Dimnos, Blackbeard was badass as all hell! :rock

Mad Melvin May 31st, 2011 05:57 PM

Battle: Los Angeles

More like Aliens and Explosions. Thats all it was. I just watched it and I have already forgotten the majority of the movie. There were no characters I cared about and the shaky cam started to piss me off in the first 10 minutes. Yeah, it's a intense battle. We get it. No need to shake the fucking camera around like a junkie in withdrawal. They even casually stole the "explosion makes character momentarily deaf" bit from Saving Private Ryan. Even the special effects failed to impress.

A waste of time.

darkvare Jun 4th, 2011 12:55 AM

the new x men movie really a lot better than i was expecting

Pentegarn Jun 4th, 2011 06:25 AM

^^^

I heard this as well

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 4th, 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 724191)

Was Azazael's scenes good? Like beginning of X2 good?

darkvare Jun 4th, 2011 01:25 PM

i don't wanna spoil it but yeah he is pretty bad ass

Tadao Jun 5th, 2011 06:14 PM

Zhukov reminded me that I watched Whip It. Pretty fun movie, I don't know what else to say about it. It's got a good story, funny scenes, good acting. All the things a normal movies should have.

Also watched Lovely Bones last night. Shit got trippy and to top it off it was backed by a bunch of Eno.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 5th, 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 724191)

It wasn't terrible but more action would have been nice.

Kitsa Jun 5th, 2011 11:03 PM

I was in Niagara Falls over the weekend so I watched that imax movie (again, same movie they've been showing for 10+ years now). It was ok. It sort of glossed over a lot and, with the exception of the whole legend of the "Maid of the Mist" in the beginning (suicide in a canoe), they only focused on the people who went over the falls and survived. I'd have done the exact opposite, in order to persuade dipshits that it really isn't the greatest idea. The drop might feel awesome but then there are those rocks at the bottom, and the suffocation while you're waiting to be hauled in.

The funniest part for me was when they opened the doors to let us out and were trying to channel us past a giagantic wall of DVD copies to buy for some crazy amount and take home. They said we could use our ticket stubs for a small discount. I bet a lot of people do it, too.

darkkitten Jun 6th, 2011 01:09 AM

127 hours

127 hours

By the end of this movie I :x:\:(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 6th, 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 724532)
I was in Niagara Falls over the weekend so I watched that imax movie (again, same movie they've been showing for 10+ years now). It was ok. It sort of glossed over a lot and, with the exception of the whole legend of the "Maid of the Mist" in the beginning (suicide in a canoe), they only focused on the people who went over the falls and survived. I'd have done the exact opposite, in order to persuade dipshits that it really isn't the greatest idea. The drop might feel awesome but then there are those rocks at the bottom, and the suffocation while you're waiting to be hauled in.

The funniest part for me was when they opened the doors to let us out and were trying to channel us past a giagantic wall of DVD copies to buy for some crazy amount and take home. They said we could use our ticket stubs for a small discount. I bet a lot of people do it, too.

Was it in the pyramid building movie theater?

Kitsa Jun 6th, 2011 02:30 PM

yep.