I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   adopting a greyhound (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6497)

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 05:19 PM

adopting a greyhound

i'm gonna adopt a greyhound from the local greyhound adoption/rescue place. they were at petsmart yesterday and i talked to the lady and she said that as long as i have a fenced in backyard it doesn't matter if my apartment isn't huge. apparently they really don't like to run anymore, and prefer small places.

these dogs are so gentle and so sweet. i'm excited!!

Spooky Oct 5th, 2003 05:29 PM

until they eat your foot off.

Lotida Oct 5th, 2003 05:31 PM

I've never heard of a dog that didn't like to run anymore??

Good luck! :)

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 05:46 PM

what?

HickMan Oct 5th, 2003 05:49 PM

Keep the blue, girlfriend. :picklehat

Good luck to you and your new friend, Glowbelly.

Jeanette X Oct 5th, 2003 05:52 PM

Is it a retired/abandoned racing greyhound?

roonTing Oct 5th, 2003 06:33 PM

yo

I remember that greyhound guy with the greyhounds... yeah. Sorry.

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 07:03 PM

yes, jeanette, it is.

O71394658 Oct 5th, 2003 08:39 PM

Congrats: :picklehat

Snatchtastic Oct 5th, 2003 09:19 PM

Good for you for adopting a retired greyhound. But dont let him/her get to close too anything small and furry. My friends Greyhound ripped apart thier neighbors rat dog cause it was running around everywhere. Instict took over and the next thing we saw was blood and a squeeling blob being flung into the air.

That was fucked up!

Geggy Oct 5th, 2003 09:40 PM

I like the bumper sticker that says 'make a fast friend, adopt a greyhound!'

Rev. Danno Oct 5th, 2003 10:07 PM

Yeah GB! greyhounds are the coolest dogs to adopt...
My Ex- has one, it's the onlt thing I like about her...

Drev Oct 5th, 2003 10:12 PM

I do have a basset/lab mix that I want to give away.

I have to keep him in a pin because he could run away easily, and I want him to live in a better place where he can run. :(

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 10:57 PM

i have a kitten. we're going to wait until he's a bit older before we adopt a greyhound. i talked to the ladies that run the greyhound adoption organization of ohio and they said that most of the greyhounds get used to other pets in the household. the good thing about this organization is that they pick the dogs out for you, according to an application that you fill out and if for some horrible reason the adoption doesn't work out, they will take them back. as a matter of fact, they make you sign a contract promising not to give them to any other organization except theirs, if you have to get rid of them.

they also help financially if you need to board the dog in a kennel when you go on vacation, or if something catastrophic happens to the dog (gets hit by a car :(). i'm really looking forward to this. i've wanted a dog for a long time, but didn't really have time to train a puppy. i think this is a good compromise.

i get to save an animal!! :)

kahljorn Oct 5th, 2003 11:20 PM

on a drunken rage on night I freed some dogs from their fenced in prisons. only like two didnt leave, and only one dog bit me, it was one of those stupid fucking shitzus or some either tiny ass dog. What the fuck is up with those dogs, they should be called Napoleons.

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 11:23 PM

letting them go is worse then keeping them pent up. :(

kahljorn Oct 5th, 2003 11:29 PM

that's not true, I lived in a place they could run to a forest type area. Plus they could eat cats. I saw a coyote hijack a cat off a fence once, it was hilarious, and slightly scary.

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 11:35 PM

domesticated dogs are not meant to survive in a forest. cats or no, they can starve, hurt people or get hit by cars. so nyah.

kahljorn Oct 5th, 2003 11:38 PM

So basically I unleashed a bunch of hell canines bent on killing people and eatting their flesh? I feel so horrible.

I have a wildcat as a friend.

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 11:41 PM

yeah. or you caused a bunch of dogs to get diseased and hit by cars.

what's the bobcat's name?

Jeanette X Oct 5th, 2003 11:41 PM

Way to go, fucktard. >:

glowbelly Oct 5th, 2003 11:44 PM

watch your mouth, missy. mommies don't talk like that.

kahljorn Oct 5th, 2003 11:45 PM

Wow, you guys have no empathy for the survival ability of animals. Goto the pound, there are plenty of wild animals there. They somehow managed to sustain life in the wild.
I provided freedom, it is not my responsibility to lead their live's for them. If I did, it wouldnt be freedom.

I suspect God had a hand in this, that bastard, a switchblade in the moon.

soundtest Oct 5th, 2003 11:50 PM

I was like this close to eating dog last year but we decided to order eel instead. I kick myself for it everytime someone mentions dogs.

kahljorn Oct 5th, 2003 11:51 PM

it's not actually abobcat, it's just a normal cat i think that lives in the wild. It's black with stripes, it doesnt have a name, I just call it kitty.
there used to be a cool bobcat that came around, he ate alot of hummingbirds but wouldnt let me pet him :(

*edit* he's cool cause he comes and meows at my window when my music's on and jams out on my front lawn like he just smoked a fat ass bowl of catnip. I love that cat. He likes music. I bring him food. I wish he could talk, I want to write poetry with a cat.