I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Kitsa Jun 16th, 2011 08:49 PM

Also:

http://youarenotaphotographer.com/

Otto Jun 16th, 2011 08:52 PM

Okay, so after I kept messing with Mr. Combat Veteran he pretty much just ragequit the video page I was mocking him on. Now I'm going bug him some more! I've decided to notify him that I'm changing my channel into a tribute to him. This is what he will see on my channel:
This Video (he really loves talking on and on about he was A FUCKING ARMY MAN FUCK YEAH! and also really hates gay people and is convinced that they all want to bone him.)

and this picture which I made especially for him!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...abyveteran.jpg

Chojin Jun 16th, 2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 726642)

wow, i've never seen so much honest buttmad in a website. dear photographers: i'm sry your profession is basically common sense and a semi-expensive piece of equipment.

here's a good website though! http://clientsfromhell.net/

Fathom Zero Jun 16th, 2011 09:50 PM

Those websites am too good.

Zhukov Jun 16th, 2011 11:58 PM

There is a difference between having an expensive camera, taking photos of things you like and having a bit of common sense, and being a professional photographer.

I had a 'photographer' take photos of this event I was at, and he ran all the photos (90%) through some dodgy webcam effects - not even just black and white or sepia, but negative, pencil and that one where it's black and white with a splash of colour. He then had the audacity to charge money for these photos burnt onto a CD (which I later found on his facebook for free).

Just take a photo, mate.

Otto Jun 17th, 2011 12:01 AM

I never really saw the appeal of expensive cameras. When I want to take photographs on film I just use this cheap 120 box camera that my grandfather gave me.

Kitsa Jun 17th, 2011 06:04 AM

I have a big-timey Olympus DSLR, and I have a little Sony point-and-shoot. I think every one of my published or gallery-displayed pictures was from the point and shoot.

And the best pictures I ever took were off a 99 cent disposable.

Chojin Jun 17th, 2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 726671)
There is a difference between having an expensive camera, taking photos of things you like and having a bit of common sense, and being a professional photographer.

>it takes more than equipment and common sense
>for example, here is a story about a guy without common sense

well, i'm convinced

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2011 11:04 AM

Common sense is a lie.

Tadao Jun 17th, 2011 11:38 AM

I'm just saying that with a digital camera you don't need a bunch of expensive lenses. You can take the same photo and add effect in photoshop. With film, you have to take multiple pictures with different expensive lenseseses. Not really cost effective.

Fathom Zero Jun 17th, 2011 11:49 AM

Not with DSLRs. They're big and expensive and so are the lenses. I mean, you can digitally change focus but it looks baaaad. That's all got to do with lenses, not like a filter or something.

Point and shoots, sure. They require no additional lenses, but they're pretty limited by not having them. Superzooms are the way to go if into photography and just want to take cool pictures. They're still more limited than SLRs because SLRs are the only ones, (besides micro four thirds), that allow manual control of the focus.

Tadao Jun 17th, 2011 12:22 PM

I guess there's a need for both still.

Zhukov Jun 17th, 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 726704)
>it takes more than equipment and common sense
>for example, here is a story about a guy without common sense

well, i'm convinced

My anecdote was not related to my point, but I guess I should have focused more on the fact that he was using a big fuck-off camera with a flash attachment that he never used.

Rez Jun 17th, 2011 04:35 PM

what the hell is an "action"?

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2011 04:38 PM

I just had the idea that Willie will dress as an MLP for Halloween. :x

Chojin Jun 17th, 2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rez (Post 726748)
what the hell is an "action"?

move, minor, standard

Chojin Jun 17th, 2011 04:51 PM

wtf, i just got an ad for a window fan from home depot--i just got back from home depot, where i bought that same fan. :hypno

Rez Jun 17th, 2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 726750)
move, minor, standard

still confused. is it a preset or merely the gall to use the "curves" option?

executioneer Jun 17th, 2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 726749)
I just had the idea that Willie will dress as an MLP for Halloween. :x

prrrobably not?

executioneer Jun 17th, 2011 06:20 PM

THANKS FOR PUTTING THE IDEA IN MY HEAD THOUGH

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2011 06:24 PM

DO IIIIIT! :x

executioneer Jun 17th, 2011 07:04 PM

i guess i could pull off a humanized version of big macintosh if i was pressed

i mean it'd be a pretty difficult stretch for me to pretend to be someone with two younger sisters and a huge extended family who grew up on a farm with an apple orchard but i think i'd be able to manage somehow

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2011 07:21 PM

See, it is the role you were born to play. :eek

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 726589)
I refuse to watch Wipeout. I will only watch Count Takeshi's Castle, or MXC in a pinch.

The UK's showing of Takeshi's Castle was voiced by Craig Charles. It was the only part of 2007 that I didn't hate. :wassocks

executioneer Jun 17th, 2011 07:33 PM

i could dye my mario overalls red + put apples on the flank area

dunno where i'm gonna get a human-sized ploughing harness though

Tadao Jun 17th, 2011 07:39 PM

:pagebrak

The fetish store