I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Halloween Goodies 2012 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708774)

MarioRPG Sep 22nd, 2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 761953)
lol i just realized this thing is made by bandai

Ahahaha what the hell! That makes it just that much better.:halloween2

dextire Sep 22nd, 2012 11:09 PM

Yep. They even list it on the website: http://www.bandai.com/candy/vampirehair/
Very odd indeed.

Ex Leper Sep 28th, 2012 09:16 PM

new to my growing horror and toy collection I just started

dextire Sep 28th, 2012 10:15 PM

Nice collection, Ex Leper. I like Torch the best. :halloween2
Care to give us run down of everyone?

All Hail Duke Sep 28th, 2012 10:44 PM

nice collection
gotta ask if those are loose, since i see missing accessories

Ex Leper Sep 28th, 2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Hail Duke (Post 762370)
nice collection
gotta ask if those are loose, since i see missing accessories

They are loose I traded with someone on facebook for 40 bucks and some magnets I make out of old magazines and stuff.

Movie Maniacs Series 1: Leatherface
Movie Maniacs Series 2: The Crow
Movie Maniacs Series 2: Ghostface
Movie Maniacs Series 2: Norman Bates
Movie Maniacs Series 3: The Thing: Blair Monster
Movie Maniacs Series 3: The Fly
Movie Maniacs Series 3: John Shaft
Movie Maniacs Series 4: Candyman
Puppet Master: Pinhead
Puppet Master: Torch

If anyone has stickers, magazine clippings or anything else they would like to convert into a fridge magnet let me know. I'd love to trade for retro stuff and horror crap.

EPIC UPDATE!: My toy dealer just added the following to my pile
12" crypt keeper doll that says some stuff when you push his button he is in a tux! Also some real ghostbusters universal monsters,dracula,Frankenstein,the hunchback of Notre dame! Also a old remco universal 33/4 Frankenstein 1979! And a 18" Eddie from iron maiden's number of the beast album cover!

dextire Oct 8th, 2012 10:48 PM

I recently got a few more things to share.
PaperKraft Coasters!

I never knew proper Halloween coasters even existed until recently.
There was a huge variety at one of the Halloween stores I went to, and the ghosts coming out of the haunted house was too good to pass up.

Zapp's Voodoo Potato Chips!

Yes, these are indeed Voodoo flavored potato chips! :halloween
The package design is fantastic, and the only way these could get better is if the chips were shaped like the dolls on the bag.

As there's no description of what Voodoo tastes like anywhere on the bag, I can only go by my taste buds as to the flavor.
And that's barbeque with a little vinegar and a few other spices. Not too bad.

Halloween Monster Slime Candy Gel!

Here we have a triple pack of brightly colored zombie candy gel.
It's got Green Apple, Strawberry, and Blue Raspberry coming out of each of the highly detailed zombie heads.
I love how each zombie has a different expression on it's face.

All three flavors are quite tasty. With the Blue Raspberry being the best of the bunch, but since they're all together there's no need to pick just one.
Also the candy gel is extremely stretchy, as evidenced by this blurry photo:

You could almost make candy spider webs out the stuff. :halloween2

Mockery Oct 9th, 2012 03:12 AM

Aww... I was really hoping those chips were shaped like voodoo dolls.

That slime candy gel triple pack looks pretty great though. Where'd you find the stuff?

Zomboid Oct 9th, 2012 03:43 AM

I had that talking Cryptkeeper doll as a kid. Really wish I still had it.

Oh, and I had that Candyman one, but my chihuahua fucking hated it and chewed it all to hell.

dextire Oct 9th, 2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 762634)
Aww... I was really hoping those chips were shaped like voodoo dolls.

That slime candy gel triple pack looks pretty great though. Where'd you find the stuff?

I found the monster slime at one of my local Walgreens' stores. I'm not sure what it's actually called, as the package doesn't say aside from the seemingly random assortment of "Halloween", "Monster Slime", and "Candy Gel" on the front. :halloween

Mockery Oct 10th, 2012 01:03 AM

Ah good to know. That's the one place I haven't visited yet this season in my candy search. Good find!

Kitsa Oct 10th, 2012 03:55 PM

Jungle Jim's finds.

I guess the werewolf/vampire combo is popular this year. These are pretty standard gummies, just made into werewolf-paw and vampire shapes.

I will give them that they did a decently sharp rendition of a vampire.

The werewolves were literally a mixed bag- a few blobs that could have been werewolf faces, but mainly orange paws.

These were my personal favorite:

They were "strawberry gummy". I haven't tried one yet but you have to admire the effect. I'm not sure if they are putting albino eyes on Garfield cartoon-mice or implying the force of the snap shot the eyeballs out. Except I guess the trap hasn't been sprung yet, so it must be the demon albino thing.

And the fact that they come from the "Foreign Candy Company" is not so reassuring...

dextire Oct 10th, 2012 10:36 PM

Those are great! :halloween2 I think Black Forest makes the best gummies I've eaten. And not just one, but two Halloween varieties? Good stuff.

The rat ones look like they're daring you to grab one of the demon rat things, then the trap springs. As it's clearly not effective at trapping just the rat.

darkvare Oct 10th, 2012 11:25 PM

i bought a case of halloween candy but i ate it all before taking pictures

Kitsa Oct 11th, 2012 08:47 AM

My phone has been taking steadily shittier pictures ever since I got it. It was doing fantastic at first, then everything started blurring on the right side and the macro started sucking :( Hence all the blurry pics. Sorry.

Sacks Oct 11th, 2012 01:09 PM

They sell those voodoo chips year round around here. My favorite part about them is the story on the back of the bag explaining how some clumsy doofus knocked a bunch of seasoning over and decided to put the mixture on some chips.

dextire Oct 11th, 2012 05:54 PM

Wow, really? I've just got the small bag, and it doesn't have any description for the what the flavor is. That's pretty cool that there's a story behind it.

Ex Leper Oct 18th, 2012 12:49 PM

Not shown, a huge box of horror movie crap, A Saw Billy Mask and the Michael Jackson mask Rog wrote about a while back

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...ps17e44d63.jpg

dextire Oct 28th, 2012 05:19 PM

I managed to pick up a couple more Halloween things while out shopping this weekend.

Russell Stover Candy Corn Chews

I haven't seen candy corn taffy in a few years, so this was a pleasant surprise.
And I'm happy to say that they taste the same as ever, just like chewy candy corn.

I.C.U. Cyclops Monster Jawbreaker

This smartly dressed, dripping eyeball cyclops is a jawbreaker with bubblegum in the middle. Awesome! :halloween2

My Pet Ghost

I found this thing at Hallmark of all places. It does a trick with a mirror and a piece of glass to project a glowing, transparent ghost in the middle of the jar.

The ghost jar looks pretty nice and detailed on both the front and the back.
And it gives you a full description of your chosen ghost (Maxwell McSpooky in my case) and it also includes some goofy Halloween puns such as "Handle with Scare" and "Store at Gloom Temperature".

When you press on the top on the jar, a blue glow and some general "mad scientist" sound effects start up, then the ghost shows up and says one of a few phrases like "Now, where did I put my spectral analyzer?".

I was glad to find a few more Halloween things as most of the stores have already switched over to Christmas. :halloween

Mockery Oct 28th, 2012 06:12 PM

Nice finds! I've never seen those particular candy corn chews before and I love that cyclops jawbreaker! Where did you find 'em?

dextire Oct 28th, 2012 07:49 PM

I got the taffy from a local grocery store called Publix, and the cyclops jawbreaker from a gas station called Hess Express.
You can at least find the cyclops and it's kin online though. And the taffy is available on the Russell Stover site.

Kitsa Oct 28th, 2012 09:00 PM

My kid won the costume contest at King's Island and got a big backpack full of stuff from their gift shops, while we got the unending hate of other parents.

dextire Oct 28th, 2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 763414)
...while we got the unending hate of other parents.

And that's the greatest gift of all! :halloween2
What was the costume of?

Kitsa Oct 28th, 2012 09:33 PM

Chicken suit with red felt dots and a treat bucket that looked like a giant bottle of calamine lotion. Chicken pox.

dextire Oct 28th, 2012 09:48 PM

:lol That's awesome! Enjoy being the superior costume parent.