I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Protocomics #11: "No Apples Today"! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698588)

Admin Jan 1st, 2008 05:20 AM

Protocomics #11: "No Apples Today"!

Automatically generated comment thread for Protocomics #11: "No Apples Today"!.

Nick Jan 1st, 2008 08:21 AM

Oh Green Arrow, you're certainly a man's man.

comhcinc Jan 1st, 2008 01:39 PM

so green arrow just hangs out in cave?

Undead Overlord Jan 1st, 2008 02:23 PM

Why do all the super heroes have boy sidekicks instead of girl sidekicks? That would eliminate the gay jokes once and for all. But I guess it is more fun to have the innuendo there, because then we wouldn't have anything to make fun of.

Spetsnaz Jan 1st, 2008 03:40 PM

Who wants a straight super-hero anyway? Look at Batman for christsakes...

executioneer Jan 1st, 2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undead Overlord (Post 517692)
Why do all the super heroes have boy sidekicks instead of girl sidekicks? That would eliminate the gay jokes once and for all. But I guess it is more fun to have the innuendo there, because then we wouldn't have anything to make fun of.

girl sidekick, boy sidekick, pedophilia's pedophilia, man

Chojin Jan 1st, 2008 05:34 PM

"hide the ipod under the seat! never tempt a thief!" :lol

23_ Jan 1st, 2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Dead (Post 517708)
Who wants a straight super-hero anyway? Look at Batman for christsakes...

Also at Superman.

Tetsu Deinonychus Jan 1st, 2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undead Overlord

I'd rather see a female Superhero with a young male sidekick. I don't know why. I just would.

Madman914 Jan 1st, 2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus (Post 517858)
I'd rather see a female Superhero with a young male sidekick. I don't know why. I just would.

There's another DC character named the star spangled kid who is a woman with a kinda young male sidekick.

DarkAtheric Jan 2nd, 2008 01:03 AM

If the illegitimate offspring of Peter Pan and Robin Hood can fight crime, then surely anyone can! Fame and fortune, here I come!

*goes out and gets killed by the Moleman, just to add insult to injury*

Fluke Jan 2nd, 2008 12:04 PM

I lol'd!

Captain PirateFace Jan 2nd, 2008 07:25 PM

I like the facial hair Green Arrow, he seems a bit more "old spice" than his old school counterpart.

Protoclown Jan 3rd, 2008 12:53 AM

I agree that GA with facial hair is way better, but the older comics tend to be far more ridiculous and thus better fodder for redubbing.

mburbank Jan 4th, 2008 01:07 PM

The fifties GA was a hillarious batman knockoff. Arrow cave, Arrow Car, millionaire playboy, boy sidekick, etc.

Denny Oneil completely revamped him over the course of a couple of JLA issues into the character you know today, and it's the first example of what's now become formula. Taking an old, lackluster character, dusting him off and re-interpretting him as something totally new.

I liked your whole take on the boomerang arrow, Proto

BurntToShreds Jan 6th, 2008 12:33 AM

Proto, obviously you heard of Spider-Man: One More Day. Do you plan on using it as the subject of your next Tales Frome The Longbox??

Protoclown Jan 6th, 2008 11:13 AM

Yes! You'd better BELIEVE I'm going to be tearing that one apart in a Longbox column. It'll probably be going up in the next week or two.

Colonel Flagg Jan 15th, 2008 08:24 PM

Yes, Proto, those guns were just totally unable to be picked up again. Probably boomerificated or something.

BTW, what WERE Speedy and GA doingin that last panel?

Freaking hilarious.

Discala Apr 10th, 2008 02:16 AM

Myah!