I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Halloween III: Season of the Witch! Halloween 3 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703245)

MockBot Oct 16th, 2009 04:37 PM

Halloween III: Season of the Witch! Halloween 3

Automatically generated comment thread for Halloween III: Season of the Witch! Halloween 3.

Mockery Oct 16th, 2009 04:41 PM

Those of you who viewed my coverage of the 2009 Halloween Horror Nights saw that the "Life and Crimes of Michael Myers" maze had a special room dedicated to Halloween III: Season of the Witch. In celebration of this, I went ahead and updated my old article about the movie and put it into the new site template so you guys can finally talk about it on here! Happy, Happy Halloween! Silver Shamrock!

Ex Leper Oct 16th, 2009 04:51 PM

Please do this for Dock Mock

darkvare Oct 16th, 2009 05:09 PM

i watched this movie yesterday is really good i also noticed the doctor is a character from prince of darkness

Mockery Oct 16th, 2009 05:10 PM

Ex Leper: I would love to show it on Doc Mock (along with many other favorite films o' mine), but we'd need to get the rights to do so from whoever currently owns the film, and they'd probably charge a small fortune.

Darkvare: You're confusing Tom Atkins (Halloween 3) with Jameson Parker (Prince of Darkness). It's probably because of the mustache.

danielsan4610 Oct 16th, 2009 05:37 PM

STOP IT !!!

darkvare Oct 16th, 2009 06:52 PM

you are right moustaches do tend to blind me with their awesomeness

al_frank2000 Oct 16th, 2009 09:01 PM

Saw this back when it first came out, and boy was I disturbed. That whole snakes in the head thing made me nauseous as a kid. It wasn't Michael Myers, but it was somehow worse.

SGFAZ1 Oct 16th, 2009 10:10 PM

Oh my god, there's a mask for Micheal on the Side, DEAR GOD IT LOOKS AWFUL! XD Here it is.

Nick Oct 16th, 2009 11:16 PM

I always enjoyed this movie. Kinda gotta turn your brain off for a bit, though.

Primortal Oct 16th, 2009 11:36 PM

didn't you already cover this movie before??? *could've sworn you had* Unless you just felt like sharing it again with us, which is totally cool.

Mockery Oct 16th, 2009 11:46 PM

Primortal: Read the first comment in this Halloween III discussion thread :picklehat

sebastiankirchoff93 Oct 17th, 2009 12:27 AM

The Irish theming of the town reminds me of a town I drove through when on a road trip once. It is in the Texas panhandle and it is called Shamrock, and the town has an irish theming to it, though I do not know if there is a toy factory there. That would be awesome though.

HowardC Oct 17th, 2009 05:46 AM

You know what I always enjoyed about the complaints about this movie? It's always the fact that this film is "shapeless" it never has anything to do with the robots. I mean seriously if Myers was in it nobody would have a problem with life-like frikkin androids in the film!!!

Like yourself though, EXCEPT for the robots I found the film to be very enjoyable. It's a very scary concept if you think of it (a carrier wave like tv killing you). Also very timely at the time of release for such a concept as the "evil" that is cable television is finally hitting the high levels of saturation it is today. The more frightning thing is there is technology to do this sort of thing RIGHT now! Now making your head melt and turn into bugs an snakes no, but a specilized tv signal that'll cause nausia on the low end and seizures or even death on the high end, hell yes it could happen! Just keep that in mind the next time you watch a republican town hall meeting on the tv.... they might try to just get rid of us. ;)

DougClayton4231 Oct 17th, 2009 09:56 AM

Any chance of updating more of the old stuff in the future? Commenting is awesome.

dewman Oct 17th, 2009 10:55 PM

I wish this movie would have been successful so there would have been more Halloween movies with completely random plots. Really, are any of the Halloween movies with Michael Myers worth seeing after the first two?

cainecollin Oct 18th, 2009 12:23 AM

I absolutely loved this movie, I always looked at as what happened on that Halloween that Michael was resting up after being burned in part 2.

Purple Man Oct 18th, 2009 01:18 AM

Always loved this piece RoG, especially for that Cochran clapping animated-gif which is just pure win. (Bet you had a TIME making it).

Dan O'Herlihy is my favorite thing about this flick. He's one of the best horror baddies ever, and he doesn't need to chop up a single amorous babysitter. That's why I kind of prefer him as a villain rather than young Michael Myers.

Plus there's the Santa Mira in-joke, which is a little piece of gold.

robo_rob Oct 19th, 2009 12:08 AM

I love this movie, no matter how flawed. I remember my local channels running the trick or treating scene as part of their Halloween programming bumpers.

BurnPianoBurn Oct 19th, 2009 01:13 AM

I dont think this movie ever gets old to me.

DaTr0LL Oct 19th, 2009 02:03 AM

Dammit... after 10 years, I'd finally got that fracking song out of my head, and you go and ram it right back in there. Silver Shamrock!

BurnPianoBurn Oct 19th, 2009 10:53 AM

Even though it never gets old to me, I still question like half the stuff that happens in this movie. I mean, some of the deaths make no sense to what is going on with the movie, for example Robo Ellie. She's killed, then made into a robot, then killed again by a mighty pimp slap. I think the only reason I end up watching this movie in the series is for the Silver Shamrock song, and the ladys face getting melted by the laser.

mew barios Oct 19th, 2009 04:34 PM

i saw this for the first time at your apartment in va. at the part when evol robots are running amok and busting down doors you mentioned offhandedly that robots hate doors. that just stuck with me for some reason :o

rabid-penguin Oct 19th, 2009 08:00 PM

I wish snakes would crawl out of MY melting, collapsing skull :(

Primortal Oct 21st, 2009 12:40 PM

Oh... thanks for replying. ^^ now I know... and knowing is half the battle.