I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2011 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707904)

Pentegarn Nov 21st, 2011 10:50 AM

It isn't about post count, it is more about time posting if anything, but 10k has a system to let newbies in too, he should be in touch about it

Pharmasweaves Nov 21st, 2011 10:56 AM

Am I too late?

you have to make at least 5 posts to send pms or post images

I realize i'm probably too late to get in this thing since i'm new but i can try right?
it is my birthday after all ;)
i cant figure out how to resize my pic so... spoiler tag?
Spoilers!

Pentegarn Nov 21st, 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmasweaves (Post 750184)
you have to make at least 5 posts to send pms or post images

I forgot they did that, that is a recent change by the way

Guitar Woman Nov 21st, 2011 01:20 PM

I'm not on the confirmed participants list; did I not sign up right, or am I just not trusted

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 21st, 2011 02:00 PM

WHOOPS!

Thanos Nov 21st, 2011 02:36 PM

Let's get down to business and trade some gifts, shall we?! :xmas3

Babs Nov 21st, 2011 02:51 PM

Sign my ass up for this!

JohnnyQuest Nov 21st, 2011 07:58 PM

I'm having the same problem as Pharmasweaves - I'm such a lurker that the system won't let me send a PM to 10kv Ghost...
Trying to up that, but my comments don't seem to be adding up!

Babs Nov 22nd, 2011 01:10 PM

This years SS looks pretty promising. OHHHHH CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

The_Punk_Hippie Nov 22nd, 2011 06:00 PM

I'm getting nervous... stupid mail system. I hope my letter makes it there in time!

dextire Nov 22nd, 2011 10:26 PM

I wouldn't get too worried just yet. You signed-up/sent the return letter early enough that I'm sure it'll arrive in time. :xmas1

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 22nd, 2011 11:03 PM

I wish this event would lure more people to stay and be active.

JohnnyQuest Nov 23rd, 2011 02:28 AM

Hey, here I am!

Ready for some fun.

ChrisGlass Nov 24th, 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 750401)
I wish this event would lure more people to stay and be active.

We could always do one in the middle of July...

inferno Nov 24th, 2011 11:49 PM

I really want to join this, I can upload a picture in time, but can I send a letter late?

inferno Nov 24th, 2011 11:54 PM

I think this makes my fifth post. Sorry for its exsistance

inferno Nov 25th, 2011 12:15 AM

Hypothetically, could one buy $25 worth of gifts from the dollar store(that may of may not be 50 cans of 2 for a dollar cans of cat food)??????????

dextire Nov 25th, 2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno (Post 750565)
I really want to join this, I can upload a picture in time, but can I send a letter late?

Haha, you really like to wait till the last possible second don't you? I hope you don't wait so long to ship your stuff out, if you're allowed in. :xmas2

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno (Post 750572)
Hypothetically, could one buy $25 worth of gifts from the dollar store(that may of may not be 50 cans of 2 for a dollar cans of cat food)??????????

Uh, did you read the rules? The big bold yellow parts at least? (The answer is no dollar store stuff! >:)

All Hail Duke Nov 25th, 2011 01:13 AM

i thought the rules were you could have dollar store stuff as long as it comes w/ a (reasonable) quality gift

dextire Nov 25th, 2011 01:19 AM

Ah, excellent point good sir! You can add dollar store stuff as filler. You just can't make it the majority of what you spend on your gift(s). :xmas1

inferno Nov 25th, 2011 02:40 AM

Hello

Onward to holiday cheer

and such:)

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2011 02:56 AM

Okay. now thats its the 25th I'm just waiting to get letters back from the people that signed up and put their pictures up in time.

Going to start figuring out the zoning and who will be getting who.

If you happen to get someone you already had before just let me know and I will switch it up.

inferno Nov 25th, 2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 750578)
Haha, you really like to wait till the last possible second don't you? I hope you don't wait so long to ship your stuff out, if you're allowed in. :xmas2

Uh, did you read the rules? The big bold yellow parts at least? (The answer is no dollar store stuff! >:)

I was hoping my gratuitous use of punctuation along with my implying that I was to attempt to mail one person a package of fifty tins of, for cat, liver flavored meat-like meat byproduct would easily convey my tone of jest in my silly questioning of a perceived loop hole (considering the whole package as the gift, one could still buy a gift at a dollar store that has a total monetary value of the agreed value range, which due to each item at said stores being approximately a dollar, would entail purchasing a higher number of such items, as I originally stated, thus not buying one a cheap 99cent gift).
Even though this may have not been clear, even through my quite obvious attempts at satire, your response did not require the use of such an angry face, quite vulgar my sir.
In case my tone is still not all that clear here is a photograph that I feel encompasses my theme:

[I was being silly]

dextire Nov 25th, 2011 11:42 AM

Ah, you may have some difficulty understanding just how much of a relief it is to see that quite smartly dressed winged-friend. While I fully agree any reasonable individual would see your attempt at jest for what it is, I can assure you that my perceived paranoia is quite founded in fact. For if you look at some of the previous event years you will find several participants who did send an entire box of nothing but dollar store items (though not tins of feline nourishment precisely).

Furthermore, I feel compelled to explain that my apparent "angry face" was meant as more of a "serious face" (as in I'm serious abot not sending a box of dollar store items). You're far too new around here for me to have an opinion of you one way or the other. But I will say being a friend of finely dressed feathered friend is most certainly a step in the right direction. :xmas1

And with that resolved, welcome to the Secret Santa event and let's have some fun! :xmas2

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2011 01:49 PM

I needed everyone to have the things done by 11:59 PM on the 24th though....