I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I just bought me a GENESIS :D (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23373)

Jeff The Ninja Dec 27th, 2006 11:39 PM

I just bought me a GENESIS :D

It cost me about 30 dollars canadian, and I paid an extra 8 for a copy of Altered Beast (In the Box, with instructions). And Altough Altered beast is fun, i need more, so are there any good Genesis games that you could recomend.

P.S. I already have all the Sonic Games for my X-Box.

WhiteRat Dec 28th, 2006 12:52 AM

One game and one game only...GENERAL CHAOS.

Dr. Boogie Dec 28th, 2006 02:16 AM

Beyond Oasis

Angryhydralisk Dec 28th, 2006 10:07 AM

Beavis & Butt-head
Toe Jam & Earl
The Haunting starring Polterguy
Splatterhouse III
the Mutant League games

Yeah, if you're into horror-themed/gory games, Genesis was what you wanted back in the day.

RaNkeri Dec 28th, 2006 11:36 AM

Gunstar Heroes
The Punisher
True Lies
Golden Axe 2 & 3
Alien Storm

Jeff The Ninja Dec 28th, 2006 01:10 PM

Damn, I remembered Owning Mutant League Football years ago. I sold it to some kid when i was little and regretted it ever since. It also led me to sell my system due to lack of decent games for it (another decision i regretted).

Im trying to locate a copy of Robocop VS The Terminator, That game was Fun as hell and violent too.

Azrael Dec 28th, 2006 01:20 PM

If you like RPG's the Shining Force series was ownage.

EDIT: And who can forget about the godly Streets of Rage series.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 28th, 2006 01:45 PM

Toe Jam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron, the vastly superior sequel to Toe Jam and Earl. Also, get Jurrasic Park, Battletoads, Ghostbusters, and Lemmings.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 4th, 2007 10:10 PM

Update: (Nobody cares but why not)

I bought Eternal Champions Today and a Six Button Controller (Generic Controller with "Slow" and "Turbo" features) and Copies of Streets of Rage and Shinobi 2 for the game gear.

Eternal champions is pretty strange. It feels like a 3D fighter (With the bigger focus on actual punches and kicks than Special Moves Like in Street Fighter) but with 2D figher Controls. Its pretty good from what i played of it so far.

Im Now trying to secure a Sega CD addon, Because there is no method of Copy Protection on the system or games, It means free Sega CD games as long as i have Blank CD's.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 4th, 2007 11:06 PM

Spider Man- Ultimate Carniage (Something like that)

And the best fucking game to come out for that system which I REALLY FUCKING REGRET SELLING GOD DAMNIT is:

Fatal Labrynth.

Mockery Jan 5th, 2007 12:22 PM

Mystic Defender (awesome game that never gets enough credit)
Sword of Vermilion (ditto)
Golden Axe (the original)
Revenge of Shinobi
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Dick Tracy
Rambo III
Splatterhouse series
Streets of Rage series

Girl Drink Drunk Jan 5th, 2007 12:25 PM

Truxton
Bonanza Bros

Grislygus Jan 5th, 2007 02:01 PM

Vectorman and MUSHA, you heartless bastards.

Also, Elemental Master was a nifty little shooter. Just ignore the faggy cutscenes.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 5th, 2007 10:16 PM

A quick Question. Is it normal for a Six Button Pad (with "Turbo" switch) not to work properly with non Six button supported Games?

Fathom Zero Jan 5th, 2007 11:13 PM

Gauntlet 4
Chakan: The Forever Man
Road Rash II
and this one medieval (sp?) football game. I want to say Viking Football.

And no, Jeff. It's not normal.

Zomboid Jan 5th, 2007 11:43 PM

splatterhouse 2 and 3
comix zone
ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS
the haunting starring polterguy
kid chameleon
chakan the forever man
home alone
crusader of centy
bart's nightmare

DuFresne Jan 5th, 2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
A quick Question. Is it normal for a Six Button Pad (with "Turbo" switch) not to work properly with non Six button supported Games?

It should be fine. I've used third party six button genesis controllers w/ turbos for years without problems for any games.

Girl Drink Drunk Jan 6th, 2007 12:25 PM

Flicky and Lemmings.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 7th, 2007 06:14 PM

I just returned the Controller and got a new one. But when i was there i found Racks upon racks filled with Super Nintendo Controllers. In the box. And some still factory Sealed.

Girl Drink Drunk Jan 7th, 2007 07:02 PM

I wouldnt bother with those shitty controllers. The official controllers are probably the safest way to go, although there is this controller that works for the Genesis/SNES, and has rapid-fire. It's transparent and a pretty useful controller for that danmed soup-drinking contest in Chrono Trigger.

Mockery Jan 7th, 2007 10:32 PM

Best controller for the Genesis was easily the Arcade Power Stick. Nice sturdy build, it was basically the "NES Advantage" of the Sega Genesis.

SLjimbolian Jan 7th, 2007 11:10 PM

Mortal Kombat
Shining Force II

Jeff The Ninja Jan 8th, 2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperwulf
I wouldnt bother with those shitty controllers. The official controllers are probably the safest way to go, although there is this controller that works for the Genesis/SNES, and has rapid-fire. It's transparent and a pretty useful controller for that danmed soup-drinking contest in Chrono Trigger.

Actually, these are the Original Nintendo made controllers. No generic crap.

Zomboid Jan 8th, 2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
Best controller for the Genesis was easily the Arcade Power Stick. Nice sturdy build, it was basically the "NES Advantage" of the Sega Genesis.

I had one of those and hated it. It was pretty much useless for most games >:

RaNkeri Jan 8th, 2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery

My friend had one of those, it was weird to use it when you were used to the good' ol controller.

Although, that controller was superb in sport and fighting games.