I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Castle Crashers! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700414)

Zomboid Aug 27th, 2008 03:43 AM

Castle Crashers!

This comes out today. It's from the creators of Alien Hominid and it looks fucking fun. There's supposed to be over 20 levels, 20 bosses, and 20 different characters. Or something like that. Anyway, who's getting it? I'll be on xbox live later today to play if anyone's interested :O

OxBlood Aug 27th, 2008 08:28 AM

Played it for about 45mins this morning. Makes me remember the good old 2D Beat ´em up - times. Everybody seems to be complaining about the price though.

darkvare Aug 27th, 2008 09:30 AM

i already have it totally awesome

Mockery Aug 27th, 2008 04:48 PM

Tom is really hoping to break the first day sales records with this game, so if any of you plan on buying it, please buy it today.

And yes, having played it before, the game does indeed absolutely rule and they've really put a ton of work into it. This is the one game I will actually buy an Xbox for just so I can play it.

Zomboid Aug 27th, 2008 05:57 PM

I bought it earlier and I fucking love it so far. Like OxBlood said, it's very reminiscent of the classic 2D beat-em-ups. Buy it, folks!

Mock, are you really getting an xbox?

Mockery Aug 27th, 2008 06:05 PM

Planning on it. But I'm not sure which one to get or where to get it, so if you have any suggestions, by all means, post 'em here. I'm not really interested in many regular xbox titles, just the XBLA titles... not sure if that helps you in narrowing down which one is right for me or where I should buy it though.

Zomboid Aug 27th, 2008 06:20 PM

Best buy or wal-mart pretty much always have the lowest prices on consoles, and they're all over the place, so I'd recommend going there. As for which console, if you're just planning on getting arcade titles, you need a hard drive, cause the games range from 40MB to around 200MB, and the memory card that comes with the arcade version is only 256 MB. I think your best bet would be the standard, 20 GB one. Anything more than that is overkill for what you'll be using it for, and the only thing lower is the arcade model, which doesn't have a hard drive and is only like 20 bucks less.

Arcade: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1186006196578

One you should get: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1186003685732

Phoenix Gamma Aug 27th, 2008 06:31 PM

I want a 360, but I'm having trouble justifying buying it just for the XBLA games. If I liked its disc-based library more I'd get it, though.

I just don't like shooters, racing or Madden that much :(

Mockery Aug 27th, 2008 07:06 PM

Thanks for the info Zomboid, I'll look into it. I just bought a ton of Neo Geo stuff recently, so I gotta see what I can swing. the 20GB one sounds good though, definitely worth the extra 20 bux if it gives me a real hard drive to store XBLA games on.

Nick Aug 27th, 2008 07:59 PM

I'm going to try out the demo. I'm not sure if I wanna shell out $20.00 for it just yet.

darkvare Aug 27th, 2008 09:56 PM

i'm getting alien hominid to get the extra character lol

Nick Aug 27th, 2008 10:03 PM

Played it, loved it, bought it, had MindChamber's connection crap out the first game I played.

ps: I already had Alien Hominid, so that extra character was awesome. :3

Zomboid Aug 27th, 2008 10:32 PM

My gamertag is z0mb0id. Let's play :O

darkvare Aug 27th, 2008 10:54 PM

i had you in my list did you changed tag?
anyways i'm going on-line

Nick Aug 27th, 2008 11:48 PM

Online is the poop. :c

darkvare Aug 28th, 2008 12:49 AM

apparently the behemoth is working to fix it

Zomboid Aug 28th, 2008 01:01 AM

Man, that lavaworld level was such a bitch.

Mockery Aug 28th, 2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 576245)
i'm getting alien hominid to get the extra character lol

Isn't he unlockable though even if you don't buy the game? I already own the Gamecube(Wii) version so I probably wouldn't buy the XBLA one when I get an xbox.

Nick Aug 28th, 2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 576279)
Isn't he unlockable though even if you don't buy the game? I already own the Gamecube(Wii) version so I probably wouldn't buy the XBLA one when I get an xbox.

If he isn't you're not really missing out on much. A different magic attack at the cost of being able to use different weapons isn't that great. :c

darkvare Aug 28th, 2008 01:48 AM

i think rog is right just saw footage of a battle against this aliens

Nick Aug 28th, 2008 01:50 AM

By using the magic of google, the Alien Hominid can supposedly be unlocked in game as well.

Mockery Aug 28th, 2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 576281)
i think rog is right just saw footage of a battle against this aliens

No, I actually played as the Alien at a Newgrounds after party not too long ago. I'm pretty sure it's an unlockable character even for people who don't own the XBLA version of Alien Hominid.

And yeah, what Nick just said. :P

Zomboid Aug 28th, 2008 05:35 AM

So far, I've unlocked 3 guys. The white knight, the barbarian, and the thief. I really like my blue knight though so I haven't used anyone else.

Nick Aug 28th, 2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 576287)
No, I actually played as the Alien at a Newgrounds after party not too long ago. I'm pretty sure it's an unlockable character even for people who don't own the XBLA version of Alien Hominid.

And yeah, what Nick just said. :P

And now if someone could just find out how. :|

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2008 04:11 AM

I was briefly in a game, but I got booted because of my NAT settings or something. Instead of trying to find out how to fix that, I'm just gonna wait until I get back to my place because I'm getting EXTREME high speed dsl on Tuesday.