I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Keep your Religion off my Bod... er... Canyon! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4637)

Mockery Jul 15th, 2003 01:05 PM

Keep your Religion off my Bod... er... Canyon!

http://news.excite.com/odd/article/id/340424|oddlyenough|07-15-2003::07:12|reuters.html
:P

Note: the URL screws up cuz of the | characters, so you'll have to copy-paste it into your browser to view it.

Protoclown Jul 15th, 2003 01:09 PM

Well, I for one will be able to sleep better at night now.

Vibecrewangel Jul 15th, 2003 01:11 PM

Sad

I'm not even sure what to say about this.....

Mockery Jul 15th, 2003 01:12 PM

Well, I for one will be able to sleep better at night now.

Me too. As a non-religious man, I've always felt insulted by those plaques, so I never visited. Now I can finally go to the Grand Canyon.

Free at least! :tear

The_voice_of_reason Jul 15th, 2003 02:08 PM

I routinely watch "The 700 CLub" and Pat Robertson was bithcing about this, that means I have to think it is great.

Ninjavenom Jul 15th, 2003 05:44 PM

Where's Jason when you need him?

Anonymous Jul 15th, 2003 06:45 PM

he was the second poster in this thread :rolleyes

Zero Signal Jul 15th, 2003 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
he was the second poster in this thread :rolleyes

And the 8th, as well. :)

:(

VinceZeb Jul 15th, 2003 09:56 PM

Such a great day, because everyone knows how those Bible verses hurt and crushed people all day long...

whiny fucks.

pjalne Jul 16th, 2003 07:18 AM

Vince, if Buddhists hung their posters all over Grand Canyon you'd be screaming like a bitch, and you know it.

Skulhedface Jul 16th, 2003 07:19 AM

Gee, with religious zealots like Vince convincing us well-wordedly, why aren't we rushing to our baptismals right now?

VinceZeb Jul 16th, 2003 07:41 AM

No, pjlame, I wouldn't. If there were verses that described the beauty and complexity in a big hole in the ground within Buddhist text, then they should use it. Why does it hurt me?

pjalne Jul 16th, 2003 08:02 AM

Why, because they don't pray to the god you and your breed of atomic super-Christians do, of course.

Mockery Jul 16th, 2003 08:36 AM

Nah, he just wants to keep "them dirty jews" outta "that thar canyen!" Remember, like Vince always says, "Ya cain't speel 'Jew' without the 'ew'!"

VinceZeb Jul 16th, 2003 10:35 AM

Aww, is widdle PJ all in a huff because I'm not an redneck Xian? And that "atomic super-Christian" quote, man, if that is what passes for "witful retort" in your neck of the woods, you need to unplug your computer and send it back to the manufacturer.

And look up in the sky, here goes Mockery, his Nerdness. He's gonna come in and act like Vince hates all Jews. Because we all know that attacking one asshole based on something as easy as his ethnic background or religion means you hate them all. Especially since Mockery runs a site that insults on many basis, with a special section just for religion. But then Mockery is the "cool, calm, progressive, free-thinker" while Vinth (oh man, good joke there) is the bottom-feeding leech.

Spectre X Jul 16th, 2003 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceZeb
But then Mockery is the "cool, calm, progressive, free-thinker" while Vinth (oh man, good joke there) is the bottom-feeding leech.

exactly! :lol

ZING!!!

VinceZeb Jul 16th, 2003 10:53 AM

OHHHLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!111!!!!!!!

Isn't there somewhere else where you can continue to be irrelevant?

Spectre X Jul 16th, 2003 11:03 AM

ZING MOTHERFUCKER >:

and yes, but I'd rather do it here, so I can annoy you as much as your posts hurt my eyes.

mburbank Jul 16th, 2003 11:42 AM

I think some verses from the Koran would be nice. No one would object to that.

And Mock. Shame on yyou. I can't think of a single reason Vinth has given you or anyone to think that's he's an anti-semite.

A lying, subhuman, gas-bag fuck with no redeeming qualities at all apart from a sort of sideshow freak appeal, sure. But Antisemitic? Where on earth would you get that from?

kellychaos Jul 16th, 2003 12:10 PM

Being grammar and spelling challenged, Vinth would probably consider THIS blasphemy as well. :)

Quote:

In the summer of 1994, just a year after his death, William Stafford's Methow River Poems were "published" on road-side plaques along the river that runs from the heart of the Cascade Mountains to the Columbia River. The seven poems were selected from seventeen that Stafford wrote to fulfill an unusual commission. Two Forest Service rangers, Curtis Edwards and Sheela McLean, had written the poet in 1992 asking him to provide the words for the 'interpretive' signs that appear throughout our national and state park lands. Stafford quickly and enthusiastically agreed, writing what were to be some of his last poems, which were published by Confluence Press in 1995 as The Methow River Poems and again in 1996 by his son, Kim Stafford, in the volume Even in Quiet Places. Kim wrote in the afterward: ".. I believe the Methow poems display in the extreme a habit of mind that ... characterizes ... my father's life work." Work that reflected his "customary prolific generosity," somewhat random, with "nuggets of insight" that were universal despite an easy-going, particular, relaxed style.1 It was these words about the river poems that became the thread of a journey for us in the summer of 1998 to the Pacific Northwest.

Protoclown Jul 16th, 2003 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceZeb
And that "atomic super-Christian" quote, man, if that is what passes for "witful retort" in your neck of the woods, you need to unplug your computer and send it back to the manufacturer.

"witful retort" :lol

Mockery Jul 16th, 2003 01:38 PM

Even more amusing is that he doesn't understand that you Proto, a Christian, worked on the hateful "Church of Mockery" site with me. :P

But yeah, satire/humor sites and saying racist things about a a jewish guy... I can see how he'd confuse the two. I mean, it's such a thin line between them right?

Humor... racism... they're like peas in a pod.

mburbank Jul 16th, 2003 01:52 PM

Wait, Vinth made racist comments about me? When? Huh. I don't know how I could have mised that. He must not make them very often.

Know what's funny? His li'l avatar tribute to me. See, he put horns and fangs on it, which is funny as hell to begin with, but it's made doubly funny because after all this time he STILL doesn't know who it's a picture of.

Mockery Jul 16th, 2003 01:57 PM

That was so Jewy of you. :rolleyes

mburbank Jul 16th, 2003 02:09 PM

Wait, Vinth will want to know why you saying that wasn't racist. He won't understand that you were making fun of him, or that the fact that you were making fun of him changes the dynamic. Or what dynamic means.

Hey, Vinth, here's hint, in this context, 'Dynamic' has nothing to do with batman and Robin.