I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE FORUM EVENT COMMENTARY THREAD (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20578)

Obscurus Lupa Apr 29th, 2007 04:55 PM

Not related to the contest...but I have to say, you win best av with me, executioneer. Pee Racer is the epitome of wit.

Zomboid May 4th, 2007 05:11 PM

Why was my fucking post deleted? Can't say "winner", lest it confuse everyone and create unstoppable chaos? Fuck sakes.

Grislygus May 4th, 2007 07:03 PM

I was wondering about that. Probably because you hit the nail on the head.

Mockery May 5th, 2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 490163)
Why was my fucking post deleted? Can't say "winner", lest it confuse everyone and create unstoppable chaos? Fuck sakes.

No, you can say "winner" about any entry you like. Your post was deleted because you quoted the entire big image rather than just said "J is gonna win" or whatever. We've always tried discouraging people from quoting big images that were just posted. There's no need for it. We all saw it and liked it the first time.

Move along...

executioneer Jun 18th, 2007 11:40 PM

MARKED ONE, WHAT THE HELL

Mockery Jun 18th, 2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 494121)
MARKED ONE, WHAT THE HELL

:confused

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2007 01:11 AM

I think Willie won guys

executioneer Jun 29th, 2007 07:20 PM

if the new h.p. contest was for th enew book i'd totally go for it but as it is i'm not v. interested in video games based on movies :(

FartinMowler Jun 30th, 2007 12:05 AM

Jesus fucking christ I wish I was a mod only to tell this dick Penguins suck :\

Max Radical Jun 30th, 2007 03:36 PM

Much love for BII's jig-a-loo entry. Simple and hilarious.

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2007 11:12 PM

Yggdrasil won Harry Potter. Hands down.

Chojin Jul 14th, 2007 05:54 PM

Grislygus was good too. Also, I'd totally be in it if it was for the Wii version :<

Oh and the guy that had Ron dressed as Harry was lol :< Probably my favorite, even

Obscurus Lupa Jul 15th, 2007 01:28 AM

The girl who had Ron dressed as Harry. ;)

I liked the "EAT IT!" entry, lol.

Chojin Jul 15th, 2007 02:14 AM

i think the forum events forum needs its own 'post yer picture here' thread, since it's apparently an alternate dimension :<

MarioRPG Jul 17th, 2007 08:38 PM

Is there a reason I only recognize a few names in the contests?

executioneer Jul 17th, 2007 09:06 PM

probably because theres links to it on the front page and a lot of people who odnt really post on here want to win prizies

Type40 Jul 17th, 2007 09:26 PM

I know I entered because of the link up front...plus, I've always wanted to but never had the time until now.

Long time reader, first time poster and all that...

Obscurus Lupa Jul 18th, 2007 06:54 PM

I post here. Just not much. Plus the contests are fun. :)

MarioRPG Jul 19th, 2007 12:29 PM

I was going to post an entry in the Jig-a-loo contest that was the back to the future poster, and it just saying:
Jig-a-loo: ...How else?

Then I ran out of time.

executioneer Jul 20th, 2007 03:36 AM

i was considering making a bttf one too only with a reference to 1.21 jig-a-watts :(

jared Jul 23rd, 2007 10:25 AM

Based on my analyses of previous contests, in which I lost--without any bitterness--I predict Yggdrasil will win this Harry Potter contest. That's unfortunate, but I can see it has appeal for Generation SpongeBob, lacking in subtlety and nuance. I can imagine what they say now, when they take a moment to stop drinking Sunny Delight, "It's funny cos it's so random." No it isn't. That is not what 'random' means. Unless Yggdrasil used a lottery machine to generate the arrangement of images and words, there is absolutely no randomization present; it is absurdist, surreal perhaps, but not random. But I digress. Should there be anyone acquainted with the glories of Monty Python, surely that one would cast vote for either GrislyGus' entry or my third entry. ObscuraLupa's is also interesting, with one flawed line (Harry calls Ron sick--it's melodramatic). NorthBendson's entry is the worst.

Grislygus Jul 23rd, 2007 11:54 AM

I personally found Ygg's entry to be crunchy and delicious, with a powerful mixture of seasonings.

It's a fucking screen caption contest.

jared Jul 23rd, 2007 12:40 PM

This screen caption contest, Herr Gus, is a microcosm of our contemporary Occidental society. Can't you see that brow and intelligence have all been lowered before the onslaught of Squarebob Spongepants and his ilk? You can see it in NorthBendson's wretched attempt at an entry. Put down your Stephen King, pick up your Samuel Beckett, and caption something decent, folks. In an age where John Cleese walks among us, insufficiently nuanced humor ought to be demolished at the source.

Schimid Jul 23rd, 2007 12:42 PM

Jared is a whiny faggot.

Ygg's was great.

jared Jul 28th, 2007 01:54 PM

Oh yes? Well, in all seriousness, now, Yggdrasil's is quite good for creativity. However, I think Obscura Lupa's is better yet; it's the funniest; there's actually some rationality behind it. In third place, I would put GrislyGus. My own entries fourth. Everything else follows. The one with the octopus doesn't even contain enough screenshots.

Obscurus Lupa Jul 28th, 2007 06:10 PM

I liked the entry about the hermit crab. :D It was a little too long, but I liked the odd speech.

EDIT: Which entry had an octopus in it?

jared Jul 28th, 2007 10:48 PM

To my knowledge there is no entry with an octopus. It's unfortunate, really. If there had been one with an octopus, I wouldn't have had to lie about there being one.

Chojin Jul 29th, 2007 01:11 PM

We already have a philosophy forum, Jared, thanks.

Ygg probably deserves to win, though I'm probably only leaning that way now to slight one of the internet's thousands of Python-obsessed comedy professors.

jared Jul 29th, 2007 03:07 PM

I'm not Python-obsessed. I prefer Fawlty Towers, in fact. Yggdrasil's entry is, curiously, much more Pythonesque than Lupa's, which is Fawltyesque in its psychosexual masochism. Right?

Chojin Jul 29th, 2007 03:21 PM

Shouldn't you be doing commercials with pop culture icons or something?

Obscurus Lupa Jul 29th, 2007 05:50 PM

:( I like things that are funny.

Grislygus Jul 30th, 2007 11:21 AM

Since when the fuck is Monty Python about nuanced, intelligent humor? Did this clown even bother watching Flying Circus?

Obscurus Lupa Jul 30th, 2007 06:57 PM

"I fart in your general direction."?

I think British people sound smart.

jared Aug 1st, 2007 02:54 PM

To understand the rich nuances of the Flying Circus, Herr Gus, you must have read Marshall McLuhan. Still, one might blame the Pythons for Generation Spongebob. Now Yes, Minister is some fine, nuanced humor, consisting primarily of dialogue. Smart-sounding British people never sounded so bloody smart. It's the dog's bollocks.

Grislygus Aug 1st, 2007 03:12 PM

Uh huh. Cannibal sailors, Confuse-A-Cat, the Lumberjack song, diaper retards, maneating houses, and marauding bands of babies that kidnap thirty year olds are the epitome of sophistication.

The only truly intellectual skits they ever did were The Mouse Problem and the artist with the rebellious businessman son. Of course, I don't have the benefit of highminded pomposity and wishful thinking, so I guess I just don't get it.

jared Aug 2nd, 2007 03:49 PM

In fact, you don't get it. The tasteless silliness was satire of contemporary British society and continental intellectual society (hence the Proust and Sartre references), along the lines of Jonathan Swift. The individual sketches must be taken in the context of each themed episode. They played with the conventions of the television medium this way. Confuse-A-Cat is perhaps the worst comedy sketch ever written; I don't defend it.

arg_zombies Aug 2nd, 2007 06:14 PM

I'm sorry...
Am I right in saying that somehow a commentary on Harry Potter Competition Entries has somehow turned into a debate on whether Monty Python was the height of sophisticated humour?

Yggdrasill Aug 2nd, 2007 11:48 PM

I didn't notice this thread until just now. So my entry was good except jared had to go and analyse it or something. The only three things that influenced it were Piers Anthony, Hermiones need to be right all the time, and the creepy thing that is Daniel Radcliffe.

Obscurus Lupa Aug 3rd, 2007 01:54 AM

My inspiration was people in funny costumes.

bunksteve Aug 3rd, 2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared (Post 497399)
Put down your Stephen King, pick up your Samuel Beckett...

I don't see what Quantum Leap has to do with any of th- ohhhh... I get it. Nevermind. Moving along.

jared Aug 4th, 2007 03:54 PM

Ah, Yggdrasil, now I understand; it is funnier in this new light, but I still put your entry at second place. Ironically, Hermione is wrong, isn't she? I mean, 'gypsy' is not coextensive with 'Roma.' As Piers says, "The Roma betimes are indeed called gypsies, and incorrectly, but not everything that is called a gypsy is Roma. Some gypsies really are just travelling charlatans." -- Piers Anthony in Fire on a Horse-Sized Spaceship

arg_zombies Aug 12th, 2007 08:53 PM

What.

The.

Fuck.

MLE Aug 12th, 2007 10:22 PM

can we just pre-emptively ban him?

Schimid Aug 17th, 2007 01:14 PM

...i won!

Fluke Sep 4th, 2007 04:16 PM

Come on guys!! New competition!

MarioRPG Sep 4th, 2007 05:27 PM

Oh man, I read that entry date as 10/15/2007 for some reason. I thought I had a month! I'm not sure if I'll enter it, but not that I've bothered to post here I prolly will.

Mockery Sep 4th, 2007 05:33 PM

Heh, it's not like it's a contest that should take too long for most people to enter. 1 photo and a short description is all ya need for it...

arg_zombies Sep 4th, 2007 05:34 PM

Don't worry, I'm working on it with my stapler

Yggdrasill Sep 5th, 2007 12:21 AM

I thought about maybe winning this contest but the first thing that came to mind was some kind of mask entitled "bukkake avenger", which I am having a very hard time even picturing what such a mask would be.

MarioRPG Sep 5th, 2007 03:21 PM

I'm sure you could find some guys to expand your imagination.

Yggdrasill Sep 5th, 2007 04:56 PM

I'm still waiting for my prize from that harry potter contest :(

Mockery Sep 7th, 2007 02:47 AM

I caught up on all my mail earlier this week, including sending out your Harry Potter prize. You should have it shortly.

:squigly

Yggdrasill Sep 7th, 2007 09:58 AM

Yes! You rock!

jared Sep 9th, 2007 12:30 AM

Good heavens, nobody's going to beat Juanfer. He actually put effort, creativity, and elan vital into this thing. Just my luck, 'had been encountered by a gang of lungfish' for nothing; I'd better go and beat my wife...

Obscurus Lupa Sep 9th, 2007 05:09 AM

Heh heh, I like that his fruit mask is expressive and the eyebrows move, lol. Very well-crafted mask, and I liked that his character only kills watermelon-sowers. :lol

jared Sep 9th, 2007 07:11 AM

If you like it so much, why don'tcha marry it?

Yes, so what if the mask melds to his head as the interlocked lips of passionate lovers; if the fruit and vegetables are the harmony of the spheres--it's so beautiful, it could make one weep--so what if all that's true? Blast it all!

arg_zombies Sep 9th, 2007 12:02 PM

Jared

I'll never understand whatever your on about

That's what makes our friendship so strong

:(

Yggdrasill Sep 10th, 2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obscurus Lupa (Post 503634)
Heh heh, I like that his fruit mask is expressive and the eyebrows move, lol. Very well-crafted mask, and I liked that his character only kills watermelon-sowers. :lol

Well I think the description for your mask was a lot funnier, as well as the rest. Juanfer has the most original mask so far but it didn't make me feel, uh humored or whatever that feeling is when you don't laugh out loud but it's funny.

Also, I got my PRIZES:love Thank you Rog and Marie for really making my bad day good.

Obscurus Lupa Sep 11th, 2007 12:10 AM

Yeah, it didn't do so well in the humor department, but you can tell there was effort put in.

Thanks, by the way. :D

Chojin Sep 11th, 2007 02:43 PM

Schimid got his prizes too, even if he's too big a fag to come out here and tell you about them.

Also I love this forum :< And the mask contest is by far the best one we've had yet.

Fathom Zero Sep 11th, 2007 10:29 PM

There are a lot of McWhatevers.

Obscurus Lupa Sep 12th, 2007 12:54 AM

Heh heh, I like McCase. Shoulda been McPillowcase.

MarioRPG Sep 12th, 2007 03:33 PM

I will enter as soon as someone gives me a good idea!!!!

Mockery Sep 13th, 2007 06:36 PM

Well you'd better enter soon, the contest ends after this Sunday.

jared Sep 16th, 2007 04:36 PM

For heaven's sake, another hulking, hairy man has plastered his pinups in the contest! Can't a female do one of these near-nude photos for a change? Who wouldn't want to see Greenfingers' tomatoes?

Obscurus Lupa Sep 17th, 2007 01:11 AM

Nappy-nose will forever haunt me. >.< In that aspect I'd say he was successful.

Simon n00b Sep 17th, 2007 12:48 PM

lifeguardoflove totally wins

zeldasbiggestfan Sep 17th, 2007 10:47 PM

I wanna win so bad, But I know I won't. :(

Sethomas Sep 19th, 2007 02:44 AM

I thought about making a joke entry wherein I wear my cardboard, red-colored Vincent Price mask and just give the thoroughly monotonous story of how I procured it. It would have been wonderful, but I was lazy. And yes, I know that we were supposed to make our entries.

Yggdrasill Sep 19th, 2007 03:01 AM

lifeguardoflove brought horror to this halloween contest

Obscurus Lupa Sep 22nd, 2007 02:48 AM

blacksamster gets points for the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra reference in the sig.

My favorite poster so far is the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" parody, lol.

Mockery Sep 22nd, 2007 05:26 AM

It's only the first day and this contest is already kicking ass. Can't wait to see how many great posters we end up with. Keep 'em coming people!

zeldasbiggestfan Sep 22nd, 2007 11:48 PM

Even if I lose, or don't even enter, I'm buying that Zombie one. I need it.

jared Sep 24th, 2007 08:02 PM

So far, at this hammer time, there are a lot of creative efforts, and even a few that are slightly amusing (or 'humoring', to use Yggdrasil's convenient verb). Only one is really pumping it up with the funny, however, and that's the Honey I Shrunk the Kids entry. I didn't even find my own funny. They just have lots of fulsome funbags; but they're too legit to quit. Besides, they put me in the mix.

Type40 Sep 24th, 2007 08:44 PM

I have to say, I am in love with "The Brain That Died"!
Excellent work nomistakinit!

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2007 02:59 PM

JTP's entries are fucking godly. He made this the first forum contest in like forever that I've actually laughed at.

jared Sep 28th, 2007 02:10 PM

JTP's entries remind me of some of Scorcese's recent films, such as The Aviator.

I'm starting to come around to The Brain that Died. It is quite clever. And judging by Nomistakinit's voluminous entries, it was a fluke.

I would also like to give FLappyBat and mrmonkey72 the Germaine Greer Seal of Approval for making my least favourite entries. And by 'my least favourite' I mean the objectively worst entries. "I tell ya, they're so bad..." "How bad are they?" "They're bad enough that they slept with my chemistry wife!"

Type40 Sep 28th, 2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared (Post 505713)
I'm starting to come around to The Brain that Died. It is quite clever. And judging by Nomistakinit's voluminous entries, it was a fluke.

Yeah, I have to agree. Based on the body of work, it was a pearl in a poop pile.

JTP's entries are awesome, however!
The three headed monster one is simply gorgeous work.

Obscurus Lupa Sep 29th, 2007 03:00 AM

lol! Abraham versus George is my favorite, hands down.

jared Sep 30th, 2007 03:13 PM

Why, I'm flattered that you like my entry so much, Obscurus. And to think I almost called it 'Undead Presidents.'

Obscurus Lupa Sep 30th, 2007 03:17 PM

I was talking about nomistakinit's entry. ;) But nice try, jared.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Sep 30th, 2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obscurus Lupa (Post 505739)
lol! Abraham versus George is my favorite, hands down.

I love the bunny in Lincon's hat.

arg_zombies Sep 30th, 2007 05:41 PM

Pednaud FTW!

Fathom Zero Oct 5th, 2007 08:58 PM

The quality of the posters are astounding and I'd love any one of them on my wall.

If I were a judge, this'd be extremely tough.

Cfr5 Oct 6th, 2007 08:58 PM

Looks like we could use more virgins.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 7th, 2007 03:17 PM

I just watched The Brain That Wouldn't Die today. I didn't realize that I had it in a boxed set. It was also featured on an episode of Mystery Science Theater. I'll have to track that down. It was of Ed Wood quality and likely made a great episode.

I found the entire thing on google video as it is public domain.
Watch The Brain That Wouldn't Die here.

Obscurus Lupa Oct 7th, 2007 03:29 PM

You can also watch the whole MST3K episode featuring it on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6m2PD1qBjs

The user has it uploaded in parts.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 8th, 2007 06:28 AM

Awesome! Holy HELL! MST3K jackpot. Thanks Lupa!

Obscurus Lupa Oct 8th, 2007 11:46 PM

No problem, dude. ;) It's pretty hilarious.

Obscurus Lupa Oct 18th, 2007 10:05 PM

Yay, a new contest! This one looks like it'll be great fun. It'll be hard to top the first entry- nice job, Pednaud!

Obscurus Lupa Oct 18th, 2007 11:39 PM

Sorry for the triple post. I loved the writing on the "Ironic Crunch" box, lol.

Emu Oct 19th, 2007 12:24 AM

anybody who uses the phrase "They're screamingly delicious" or any derivative thereof should be disqualified

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2007 01:35 AM

That phantasms one is the best by far.

MarioRPG Oct 19th, 2007 09:36 AM

Oh fuck you, JTP.
You're too good :)

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2007 06:03 PM

Yeah he is. The cenobites one is really fucking good too. Awesome work.

Eyelobe Oct 19th, 2007 06:22 PM

Ya, nicely done JTP. I was thinking about trying "Hellraisin' Bran", or some such shite, but you beat me to it...

Will these be judged on the actual quality of the designs? If so it will be hard to beat your entries. To compensate for the crappy MSpaint production values, my entries will feature original characters. Boognish!

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 19th, 2007 07:00 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys, but remember, humor counts just as much as design. In fact, probably more so. This is anyone's game. The entries thus far have been awesome! Keep them coming!

Eyelobe Oct 19th, 2007 07:03 PM

Ok, I have to expose my internet ineptness here, but why is my "Dr. Sicko" entry displayed in a box that has to be clicked on to be viewed properly? Did I upload this incorrectly? What image hosting thingie are you guys using?

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 19th, 2007 07:09 PM

I use imageshack. You probably linked to a thumbnail view. There should be a direct address for the image as well. The one for your entry is here:
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/25bf876904.jpg

so, you cut and paste that into the picture dohicky and you get:

By the way, that Sicko character looks like the lovechild of Grampa Simpson and that old pervert from Family Guy.

Eyelobe Oct 19th, 2007 07:14 PM

" By the way, that Sicko character looks like the lovechild of Grampa Simpson and that old pervert from Family Guy."

Heh...fair enough. :lol

Thanks for the help, I'll try to fix that.