I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fallout: New Vegas (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705181)

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2010 08:23 PM

Fallout: New Vegas

...comes out tomorrow. I pre-ordered the collector's edition a while ago, and I plan on skipping school to play all day. Excelsior!

Fathom Zero Oct 18th, 2010 09:15 PM

Can't skip school. But I won't be doing anything else besides that and Fallout tomorrow. Excited as fuck.

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 12:19 AM

gwine pick it up at midnite, skip sleep

half tempted to wear my comicon vault suit costume when i go pick it up

Fathom Zero Oct 19th, 2010 12:25 AM

DO EET

BE THAT GUY

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 12:27 AM

only this time, real weapon instead of cardboard hammer

Fathom Zero Oct 19th, 2010 12:40 AM

and murder everyone in the store

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 12:45 AM

that MIGHT be taking it a little too far

plus it'd probably make jack thompson orgasm in his grave, i dont want that to happen

OxBlood Oct 19th, 2010 04:24 AM

Hm...I keep hearing the game crashes quite often...can´t say I´m happy about that...

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 11:46 AM

i didnt have any crashes yet, but we'll see

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2010 07:43 PM

Me neither. I pissed off the Powder Gangers, though.

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2010 08:37 PM

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 03:17 AM

OH MY GOD IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME ONLY LONGER AND THE CHARACTERS AND QUESTS ARE MODERATELY MORE INTERESTING. More importantly, it's still Fallout. That's good enough for me. I'm wandering around getting on everyone's bad side.

Also, I'd install the game to mitigate the unbearable loadtimes. It hasn't frozen, but there have been a boatload of glitches. Nothing they couldn't patch up in a day or two, though. The quest you get from the guy in the dinosaur mouth was cool. Especially watching the end. I wonder if that one stray projectile will come into play later - maybe it landed somewhere.

Overall, I dig the environments way more. WAYYYY more colorful, which was the only thing that I didn't like about Fallout 3.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 03:30 AM

Yeah, it's still Fallout, so I'm also happy. There's supposed to be a patch tomorrow. I'm installing right now to combat the load times. I went and was killing all of those Powder guys in their prison place, and it said I failed a mission...so I went ahead and reloaded until I figure out what the fuck that's all about. Trying to hunt down this treasure that was mentioned in a note.

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 04:47 AM

I've just been running around and exploring, doing a little bit of the main quest. I've got about fifteen active quests open.

I really really dislike that some quests are part of quests which are part of even more quests. Usually, you do stuff for somebody so they do something for you, then you go go back to the person that started to whole thing. They're not all like that, though.

My character Bill Sykes met the Yes Man and he laughed and laughed and laughed. Fuck, Obsidian's got some good writers. ALSO, I MET KRIS KRISTOFFERSON. :O

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 05:03 AM

I got Ed-E! What a helpful little robot.

OxBlood Oct 20th, 2010 05:15 AM

I was hoping that the writers that did Alpha Protocol did the writing here too cause AP had some really good stuff going on there. Happy to read that I was right aparently :)

I´ll get my copy tomorrow I guess. Funny thing is, the english uncut import-version is the cheapest. If I was totally stupid and wanted the german cut (no splattering and dismemberment at all, fuck that), I´d pay 20€ more (yes, twenty bucks more for less game). The german synchro (what´s it called in english, Dub?) is good but against the guys in the english one? Fuck no, I won´t play that in german. Ron Pearlman alone is enough reason to play it with the original voices.

The only question is...will I play as Doc Synder, menace of the wastes or Richter (yes, it´s even more fun for me to name someone Richter), Hero of Vegas first...

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 05:47 AM

Aaaaand I'm calling it quits for the night. Nine hours is enough. Gotta pace myself - I beat Dead Rising 2 in two days. Hah. Games are damned expensive to a university student.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 06:51 AM

Yeah, I just stopped after 11. Totally skipping school today, though. I went yesterday, so I feel justified.

Supafly345 Oct 20th, 2010 07:25 AM

I had no idea this game was coming out so soon until I saw you mother fucker playing it. I looked for info on how good it was and found this immediately.

OxBlood Oct 20th, 2010 09:27 AM

That is fucking creepy.

"Hey fella, how ya doin? Don´t mind my horrifying rotating head of doom."

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 04:41 PM

Holy shit, that's creepy. I've definitely noticed some bugs, but nothing that's stopping me from playing and enjoying the shit out of it.

kahljorn Oct 20th, 2010 05:31 PM

i bet that guy gives great head

Fathom Zero Oct 22nd, 2010 08:01 PM

This game has moments of brilliance that are just shit on by all the glitches. For instance, many of my quests have map markers that are completely inaccessible and on top of mountains, usually. Fortunately, it's not yet required that I actually go to them as there's usually more than one way to solve a quest.

This shit's gotta get fixed fast, because it's just ruining the game for me. You know what it reminds me of? Alpha fucking Protocol. Bullshit.

Fathom Zero Oct 23rd, 2010 06:42 AM

Aaaaaaaaaand done. >:O

OxBlood Oct 23rd, 2010 09:11 AM

That was kinda fast...you just breezed through the main quest?

Fathom Zero Oct 23rd, 2010 04:34 PM

I beat Fallout 3 in two days... then continued to play it over three consoles for the next two years, beating it I don't know how many times. Story's a story. So yeh. But it was fairly epic. I decided to do what was probably the "middle-of-the-road" ending, and I'm not really spoiling anything when I say that I helped Mr. House. You have to help a faction take over Vegas, after all. He's a benevolent dictator. :)

Now I can start over and do things the propah way, lookin' in all the nooks and crannies for cool shit. I never found a snowglobe, either.

Sam Oct 23rd, 2010 08:25 PM

I've only found one snowglobe so far. :(

LordSappington Oct 24th, 2010 12:16 AM

Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Oct 24th, 2010 12:18 AM

Missed that. Got Deckard's Gun, though. Rather, the gun from Fallout 1 & 2, which was modeled on Deckard's.

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 11:37 AM

I got this shit. Made my way to Primm or whatever the first town you go to (not the one you start in) then restarted. Then restarted again. Then again. I just couldnt make up my mind about what kind of character I wanted to play or if I wanted to be "good" or "evil".

Spoilers!

So are snowglobes like the new bobble heads then? I found one but didnt pick it up because I thought "I cant kill someone with that >: "

Whats the deal with books now? They arent permanent upgrades only temp?

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 11:38 AM

Oh... Epic note. I cut a dudes arm off with a switchblade and he lived to run off. :lol

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 12:42 PM

the BOOKS are still permanent, the MAGAZINES are not

also the books are a lot rarer and give +3 instead of +1

OxBlood Oct 25th, 2010 02:58 PM

@Dimnos:

Conercering Tag Skills, they only get a one-time 15point boost in character creation, they aren´t easier to level like in F1 or F2.

Just reached Primm myself. I decided to play a more or less neutral opportunist character. I steal whatever I can but I won´t kill a whole city full of people just because it has a funny name...it´s time I found some glasses though...picked the four-eyes trait.

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 03:02 PM

Trigger discipline and wild wasteland are the way to go. :picklehat

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702015)
@Dimnos:

Conercering Tag Skills, they only get a one-time 15point boost in character creation, they arenīt easier to level like in F1 or F2.

Just reached Primm myself. I decided to play a more or less neutral opportunist character. I steal whatever I can but I wonīt kill a whole city full of people just because it has a funny name...itīs time I found some glasses though...picked the four-eyes trait.

part of what i liked is the fact that you almost CAN'T just kill a whole town like you could in f3. I could kill all of megaton or three outcasts in power armour right out of vault 101, but in new vegas i couldn't even kill a bunch of elvis-impersonator dorks when i'd leveled up to about 10 because they swarm you the hell up

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 04:44 PM

That and things really hurt, especially the giant radscorpions. I really don't fuck with them, and my explosives is at 100. I GOTS LOTS OF DYNAMITE. Kinda want the cowboy perk, too.

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2010 04:53 PM

Oh man, the fucking giant radscorpions. I stumbled into one of their nests at around level 8, and I got destroyed. I couldn't take out deathclaws until around level 16, and even then, I was picking them off with a sniper rifle from very far away.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 04:55 PM

I'm trying to find an Anti-"Materiel" Rifle, though. Fucking thing rocks, more so than the Gauss Rifle I ganked off of some Brotherhood punk suckas.

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 04:57 PM

i've got the alien blaster for deathclaws but i don't want to waste it on anything less

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 05:18 PM

I like how the radscopions are smart enough to run off and hide when you jump on top of a rock where they cant get you.

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 05:30 PM

i hate the hell out of cazadors, though now i've got good DR and a 10mm smg they're not so threatening (but they still kill me once in a while when there's a swarm of six or more and i'm not expecting)

Dr. Boogie Oct 25th, 2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 702023)
I'm trying to find an Anti-"Materiel" Rifle, though. Fucking thing rocks, more so than the Gauss Rifle I ganked off of some Brotherhood punk suckas.

The Fallout wiki had this to say:

Quote:

• The anti-materiel rifle can be bought from any of the gun dealers found in the Mojave, specifically the Gun Runners
  • The Gun Runner's kiosk has several rifles on display, including an anti-materiel rifle. However, its sealed walls prevents the player from pilfering them, and they are not guaranteed to appear in the sales inventory.
  • NCR Ranger Veterans often use them as their primary weapon. A source of Ranger Vets is Ranger Station Delta, southwest of Hoover Dam.

Zomboid Oct 26th, 2010 12:50 AM

I'm wearing the reinforced leather armor and combat helmet (with visor!) at level 22, and I mainly use the hunting rifle, .44 magnum, and caravan shotgun. I'm teaming up with the NCR, but I haven't attacked the BoS or done any of the Strip quests. So fun.

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 01:49 AM

I got cheated out of the Master of the Mojave achievement. Eh. But I made it to Jacobstown. And met Lily. :lol

OxBlood Oct 26th, 2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 702019)
part of what i liked is the fact that you almost CAN'T just kill a whole town like you could in f3. I could kill all of megaton or three outcasts in power armour right out of vault 101, but in new vegas i couldn't even kill a bunch of elvis-impersonator dorks when i'd leveled up to about 10 because they swarm you the hell up

Yeah I also noticed that it seems to be a little more dangerous this time around. Not that I die all the time but I DID die, which happend only very rarely in F3 on normal.

I just finished the Dinosaur-Quest this morning and got my first packmule...err companion and house (the motel room does count as a safe house as far as I know). I want scopes and mods for my handguns though and I canīt find any decent traders around the wastes...only second rate fleamarket entrepreneurs...

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 04:50 AM

Gun Runners has a couple.

OxBlood Oct 26th, 2010 05:51 AM

They´re around Vegas itself, right? I still haven´t gottan that far north on the map yet but I guess that´ll be my homework for today. Another thing. The armor (especially the helmet) and the pistol from the cover...I guess that´s some kind of Vegas-Guard Armor and a modified .357 can anyone confirm that?

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 10:48 AM

The gun just looks like a .357 Magnum Revolver, but I don't know what the duster and helmet are. It's not worn by anyone on the strip, at least that I know of.

OxBlood Oct 26th, 2010 12:59 PM

Found the armor...in theory. It´s elite ranger armor and the gun seems to be either a modded .357 or the 44 magnum

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 01:13 PM

Mmm. Never met one of them rangers before. Also, I got a snowglobe. And blew some poor doctor's head off because he wasn't giving me market value for my guns. Jerk.

Zomboid Oct 26th, 2010 01:15 PM

The gun is different from both of those. It's the Rangers Sequoia or something like that, and it fires this harder-to-find ammo. I got one from Kris Kristofferson.

LordSappington Oct 26th, 2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 702027)
i hate the hell out of cazadors, though now i've got good DR and a 10mm smg they're not so threatening (but they still kill me once in a while when there's a swarm of six or more and i'm not expecting)

Dude, FUCK Cazadors. Eventually, I had to put it on Easy when they show up, simply because every hit would take my health down by a fifth.
Also, in F3, Deathclaws sucked, but at about level 20, I could take on five at a time and be allllright. I'm level 17, and even ONE Deathclaw can tear me a new one. I'm on a miniquest to take out a whole damned nest of them.

Zomboid Oct 26th, 2010 11:22 PM

Yeah, the quarry. I did it with a sniper rifle.

OxBlood Oct 27th, 2010 04:10 AM

Okay, I finally reached Vegas and got a Suite...though I don know...I like the Motel-Room better, it´s more compact and way easier and quicker to reach.

It´s interesting to see how useful Barter ans Speech are this time around which basically means I can´t finish some quests because I made my Char like a Fallout 3 - Character had to be meaning 9 Int and 1 Charisma...doesn´t help me that much here and man, there´s only 15 Perks I get to pick, should´ve thought about that a bit harder...

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 04:45 AM

I like the perks that up damage percentages. The Entomologist helps with Cazadors, though, you only need an automatic weapon - you don't even have to be good with it, either.

OxBlood Oct 27th, 2010 06:17 AM

I think the perk that I like the most is the Hand Loader perk. Getting more powerful ammo for free is pretty nice. I didn´t even pick the essentials like Finesse, Commando or Gunslinger yet because I just don´t know if I can afford wasting a Slot on something like that...

executioneer Oct 27th, 2010 06:39 AM

fuck yes, they did the ending right this time. unfortunately now i realize i have to do quests for all the npc companions :( god DAMN there is so much game here

edit: omg wil wheaton and dave foley did voices? wtf wtf

MrAdventure Oct 27th, 2010 07:19 AM

how many bottle caps do i need to spend to help ed-e keep out of melee range also will that upgrade keep him from randomly disappearing

also when do i get to the quest that stops hard locking the xbox 360 i couldnt find anything on gamefaqs

my character build is 5 str 5 end 5 daydream about murdering the people behind the QA bottleneck for this game and 10 luck im feelin lucky

i also want to thank them for the free quick draw perk it's nice not having the floating gun all the time (actually i'm serious about that, having the gun pop up when the left trigger is held is better in every possible way compared to gun on a stick)

executioneer Oct 27th, 2010 07:30 AM

im sure they'll fix most of it in patches :( :( :( :( I STILL OVE THIS GAME

Dimnos Oct 27th, 2010 08:56 AM

"Benny is going to show you the tops." :lol What a tool. I'm glad I got to carve up that dudes face while hopped up on jet and psycho.

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 10:28 AM

Arcade Gannon is awesomely ~gay~.

And I don't have any of those problems you guys mentioned. Mainly, stuff spawns underneath the map for me, or there's some sort of singularity in the map that warps monster's models and kills them. Once, I shot a deathclaw and it floated up into the sky. It walked around for a while, only to fall down and die a bit later.

OxBlood Oct 27th, 2010 10:55 AM

I seem to remember that there was a flying Deathclaw-bug in F3 too. It kinda ascended to heaven and then smashed down to earth again later.

I had two lockups and one texture-fail in my three days of playing the game. Picked up Veronica on the way, what a nice girl. Now I´m trying to do her quest along with the vault 22 one but I can´t seem to finish the quest cause I need to
Spoilers!

The only thing that really bugs me is that feeling of "there´s fifty thousand more quests for you to dooooo" looming in my mind...okay it´s just 136 or something, still. A lot to do. Then again, the first playthrough is just there to test the waters...

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 10:57 AM

I'll draw you a diagram, hold on.

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 11:01 AM

Throw a grenade or shoot one from a launcher. You won't get burned.

Dimnos Oct 27th, 2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702182)
The only thing that really bugs me is that feeling of "thereīs fifty thousand more quests for you to dooooo" looming in my mind...okay itīs just 136 or something, still. A lot to do. Then again, the first playthrough is just there to test the waters...

This is sort of my issue too. I kind of want to blow through this first play through because I want to side with other people and try different things. I think Im going to do a few a few more side quests then finish it up siding with Mr. House this time. Next play through I think Im going Joe raider billy bad ass and siding with Caesar on hardcore and try to do everything. I also kind of want to do another run through with a non combat character. Just jack up all my speech and barter and charisma and try and rely on companions for bodyguards. That dude Boone should be more than enough. :lol

Zomboid Oct 27th, 2010 02:14 PM

Yeah, I was planning on trying to do pretty much every quest and then just make different decisions on subsequent playthroughs, but there's just way too many. I'm gonna do the same as Dimnos for my next game and murder/enslave people left and right.

...is there an evil companion? Ed-E is pretty much neutral, but everyone I've met so far is more-or-less good. Boone is a fucking beast, by the way.

Dimnos Oct 27th, 2010 02:35 PM

Boone kills shit before I even know its there. Ill be walking along, no red marks on my compass, out of no where a slow mo crit death scene! WTF?! A min later I find a dead body.

No idea on evil companions. Ed-E and Arcade maybe just because they have Enclave ties? On my current play through Boone doesnt really seam to give a shit when I kill or rob people. He just doesnt want to be friends with Legion. Or use brotherhood power armor.

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 02:56 PM

No companion wants power armor. It counts as a disguise to them, so they drop it and it disappears. Same with Legion and NCR armor, I believe.

Zomboid Oct 27th, 2010 03:33 PM

You can probably upgrade everyone's armor, though. I've got Boone wearing NCR First Recon armor after going back to Bitter Springs and fighting off a Legion raid, and ED-E has upgraded armor after bringing him to the BoS.

Boone doesn't seem to wanna use the sniper rifle I gave him, though >:

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 04:49 PM

After you do their quests and stuff, they get upgraded. Same with almost every companion. I dunno if Lily has a companion quest associated with her.

Zomboid Oct 27th, 2010 04:53 PM

There must be. I can't see them leaving one character out like that.

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 05:03 PM

ED-E's is cool. So are Arcade Gannon's and Cass's.

Mad Melvin Oct 27th, 2010 06:12 PM

Got the collectors edition last friday and been playing this since then. I played the shit out of Fallout 3, but New Vegas is so much better. If I have to say something negative about this, there seems to be TOO much stuff to see and do. It baffles me.

Just killed Tabitha and found Raul. I have Boone with me atm, so i'll have to make a choice. Boone is a crack shot, but on the other hand he is boring and always giving me shit about my shooting abilities. I'd much rather listen to Danny Trejo, but Raul is propably kinda shitty at combat.

Dimnos Oct 27th, 2010 06:30 PM

Boone is almost to good. I haven't decided if he makes the game to easy and therefore boring. I'm seriously considering dropping his as off at the house and going on without him.

Fathom Zero Oct 27th, 2010 06:32 PM

I think I've explored a single cave during the whole time I've had the game. It's time to go spelunking!

OxBlood Oct 27th, 2010 06:40 PM

Found the safe spot and finished the quest :) My Ed-E Quest seems to be bugged. I took him to the Scrapyard, the old lady sat around, doing nothing. After a while she turned hostile and now she´s dead...hm, who cares, she seems to have the unique Sawed-off shotgun, fires both barrels at once.

Anyone know where I can find a better rifle for 5.56 ammo? The service rifle sucks and I have nothing else to use that ammo with apart from That Gun and I don´t wanna waste my repair-kits on that thing.

My personal revelation of the day was that Companions can´t die on Non-Hardcore. Nice.

Zomboid Oct 27th, 2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702232)
Boone is almost to good. I haven't decided if he makes the game to easy and therefore boring. I'm seriously considering dropping his as off at the house and going on without him.

Yeah, I know what you mean. A couple of times I've found myself aware that there are enemies nearby (ED-E's little alert thing), and if I'm in a vault or something I sometimes just keep exploring and let Boone and ED-E handle it. They do it without any trouble whatsoever. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I think it's making me lazy.

executioneer Oct 27th, 2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702234)
Found the safe spot and finished the quest :) My Ed-E Quest seems to be bugged. I took him to the Scrapyard, the old lady sat around, doing nothing. After a while she turned hostile and now sheīs dead...hm, who cares, she seems to have the unique Sawed-off shotgun, fires both barrels at once.

Anyone know where I can find a better rifle for 5.56 ammo? The service rifle sucks and I have nothing else to use that ammo with apart from That Gun and I donīt wanna waste my repair-kits on that thing.

My personal revelation of the day was that Companions canīt die on Non-Hardcore. Nice.

well the light machine gun and the marksman carbine are pretty okay, i just used the varmint rifle with mods for 5.56 though because i found a low-light scope for it early on

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2010 12:41 PM

I spent last night working for the King. Got the dog Rex. Hiked my ass all the way up to Jacobstown to talk to the Doc there only to be sent off to find a new brain for the dog. I hear the one that gives him extra health will glitch out and actually not give him extra health. Has anyone done this?

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2010 02:54 PM

Spoilers!

executioneer Oct 28th, 2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702311)
Spoilers!

Spoilers!

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2010 03:51 PM

Spoilers!

Zomboid Oct 28th, 2010 04:08 PM

I did the stuff for the Kings last night, too, and it was annoying because I had to kill some NCR troopers. I'm working for the NCR, so that little stunt bought me some infamy :(

Oh, and if you do like 3 quests for the Van Graffs, you can get in on a part where you can slaughter all of them and loot the entire shop. Loooots of guns and armor to sell.

executioneer Oct 28th, 2010 04:21 PM

you don't HAVE to kill the ncr troopers :( also @dimnos:

Spoilers!

Zomboid Oct 28th, 2010 04:26 PM

Yeah, but I killed Pacer myself and got infamy from the Strip. I was fucked no matter what, so I figured I'd kill some NCR people for sending me on such a stupid mission. I really dislike them now, and I'm looking forward to my next game so I can be evil and just kill as many as possible.

Fathom Zero Oct 28th, 2010 04:37 PM

Depending on who you talk to about getting the Boomers on someone's side, that locks off working for any other faction.

executioneer Oct 28th, 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 702326)
Yeah, but I killed Pacer myself and got infamy from the Strip. I was fucked no matter what, so I figured I'd kill some NCR people for sending me on such a stupid mission. I really dislike them now, and I'm looking forward to my next game so I can be evil and just kill as many as possible.

you don't have to kill pacer either. i don't remember exactly what's required but i remember doing a bunch of skill checks in conversation

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2010 05:27 PM

For the Kings missions I dont think I had to kill anyone or even do any skill checks. It was a bunch of walking around and talking to people.

I still have the mission for Caesar where he wants me to kill Mr. House. Nothing is failed but I have yet to go see the Boomers.

Zomboid Oct 28th, 2010 05:45 PM

Fuck's sake. I had to be the King's bitch, and the last mission involved helping Pacer fight NCR peeps. My speech skill is really low, so I might've missed out on a couple of things.

LordSappington Oct 29th, 2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 702299)
I spent last night working for the King. Got the dog Rex. Hiked my ass all the way up to Jacobstown to talk to the Doc there only to be sent off to find a new brain for the dog. I hear the one that gives him extra health will glitch out and actually not give him extra health. Has anyone done this?

I preferred the junkyard dog's brain; it gives him more attack. Really depressing when you get it, though. Poor Rey. :(

Dimnos Oct 29th, 2010 10:20 AM

I got the brain from the Legion. Before the brain Rexs health was 242/242. After it jumped to 362/262. I thought it was current/max but I dont know anymore. :\ Either way he seams to be tougher and I see him in fights more so... Guess I cant complain.

@Zomboid... Before the fight were you able to go into the NCR safehouse where they were passing out food to NCR citizens? A few steps before the fight the King has you go talk to people in the slums about what the NCR might be doing in Freeside. Someone also suggests you talk to that one Dr. girl in the Mormon mission. If you talk to her she tells you about her NCR friend and tells you to go talk to her and say she sent you. The NCR girl tells you she sent someone to talk to the King but that they were killed. Pacer tries to pay you off not to tell the king so he is probably the one who killed the envoy. You tell the King they sent someone and he doesnt know anything about it and send you back to the NCR guys to smooth things over.

executioneer Oct 29th, 2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 702364)
I preferred the junkyard dog's brain; it gives him more attack. Really depressing when you get it, though. Poor Rey. :(

well in a way you're helping him live even longer, though, kind of?

Dimnos Oct 29th, 2010 11:24 AM

That pretty much exactly what the Legion guy said when I asked for his dogs brain. "Lupa will become IMORTAL!!! Well... kind of." He then went on to say that if I butchered her with a machete I could have her brain.

Fathom Zero Oct 29th, 2010 11:54 AM

I got bored and killed Caesar and everyone at the Fort with a Super Sledge, which is a billion times more powerful in this one than the previous. I would've thought that would get the NCR more on my good side than anything else. They stillwon't let me save their shitty president, though.

Zomboid Oct 29th, 2010 12:17 PM

Damn it! I didn't go talk to that Mormon chick, but I saw it as an option. I went to the NCR food place and then back to the King. That'll learn me.

LordSappington Oct 31st, 2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 702394)
well in a way you're helping him live even longer, though, kind of?

I dunno; I think the brain is just a CPU for the dog, like Robobrains. I don't think it uses it for personality.
Either way, Fallout science can get weird.

Zomboid Oct 31st, 2010 09:08 PM

Kinda reminds me of the part in Fallout 2 where you get a brain for Skynet, your robobrain companion. You could end up with a chimp brain :\

executioneer Nov 1st, 2010 12:17 PM

:x

Fathom Zero Nov 1st, 2010 02:46 PM

Guess who's got all his companions.

Dimnos Nov 1st, 2010 03:25 PM

All? I cant get Arcade to come with me. I passed his speech check and have done everything I can think of for the Followers. When I talk to him he says something about me having quite the menagerie and to come talk to him when I have done some trimming.