I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Genius of 'FCKH8' (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705169)

Sacks Oct 15th, 2010 07:03 PM

The Genius of 'FCKH8'

xx

Fathom Zero Oct 15th, 2010 07:26 PM

I was amused by it. Every side of an issue's gotta have an angry splinter group.

Esuohlim Oct 15th, 2010 07:45 PM

Yeah, tons of people on my facebook are posting this (FATHOM). The liberals and gays like it, the conservatives hate it. I have no politics and I can't stand any kind of in-your-face political activism from either side. So I hate this video, and I hate it when people turn human sexuality into a huge, needless issue.

kahljorn Oct 15th, 2010 08:14 PM

that was gay and i hated it

that blonde girl was sorta hot though

Fathom Zero Oct 15th, 2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 700981)
Yeah, tons of people on my facebook are posting this (FATHOM).

I thought it would help you stand up for what your heart thinks is right.

PS I LIKE IT AND THINK IT'S AOK. I'M A MILITANT LIBERTARIAN SO IT'S UP MY ALLEY (AND ASSHOLE J/K)

kahljorn Oct 15th, 2010 09:08 PM

i just watched this with my girlfriend and i noticed that nobody has described this as annoying yet.

Sacks Oct 15th, 2010 09:21 PM

Is it the fact that it's trying to be so in your face or the fact that it's basically a commercial to sell t-shirts that is more annoying?

Sam Oct 15th, 2010 09:52 PM

FUCK

I COULDN'T TELL WHO WAS A DUDE OR A CHICK IN THIS FUCKING VIDEO HALF THE TIME

FUCK

GET OVER IT

GET THE FUCK OVER IT

H8RS

FUCK

Fathom Zero Oct 15th, 2010 11:26 PM

I'd be annoyed if I noticed people hocking things anymore. I just ignore them, otherwise I'd end up pissed. Like the fact that the White House has a gigantic pink breast cancer ribbon on it.

Sam Oct 16th, 2010 01:22 AM

FATHOM ZERO YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT.

SOMETIMES WHITE HOUSES HAVE GIANT BREAST CANCER RIBBONS, GET OVER IT.

FUCK.

kahljorn Oct 16th, 2010 04:19 AM

SOME WHIteHOUSES MARRY RIBBONS

WHATCHU GONNA DO ABOUt IT. HJUH. HJUH. HUH. HUH.

Pentegarn Oct 16th, 2010 06:13 AM

I will say this, if I were gay, and I wanted to adopt a child, I would be uber pissed at this vid. All they have done is give a rock solid example to "the haters" they are wanting to target that gays can't properly raise children because "the haters" can now say, 'look at this vid, gays are teaching our children to drop f-bombs with impunity'.

I would say this to the "you are a hypocrite" argument; I couldn't care less one way or the other if gays want some sort of marriage equivalent union, personally I think calling it marriage is a deliberate provocation to the uber right though. Furthermore, I would go as far as to say if you are willing to live with the words 'gay' and 'straight' yet object to calling a same sex union something besides marriage, you are a hypocrite. Why is one kind of distinction between the two groups fine and another similar distinction wrong? I also hate the divorce rate counterargument that gay rights activists give. It is both presumptuous and arrogant, because they are basically saying if gays got married they would never get divorced, which is straight up bullshit. Gays are human beings and would divorce just as much as straight people.

So why not compromise? Give them civil union rights to satisfy what they want, and don't cal it a marriage to satisfy the 'it ruins the sanctity of marriage' argument.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 16th, 2010 09:01 AM

I went to a marriage realization party last night but had to leave before the exotic dancers got there.

elx Oct 16th, 2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

WHO MADE THE SITE & VIDEO?

The FCKH8.com video and website were created by non-profit media campaigner Luke Montgomery, who hopes to one day get married (That’s him above sportin’ the beard.) Back when he was a teen, Luke was the headline-making gay activist who had legally changed his name to “Luke Sissyfag.” Crazy, huh?
so this retarded attention whore made up a title for himself and began associating with legitimate campaigns/organizations for the purpose of...? they should sue him for defamation of character.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2010 05:19 PM

This'll be forgotten about faaaaaaaaaar before that happens. It'll get five minutes on Fox News, CNN, and Keith Olbermann and fade away like every other gimmicky campaign.

Esuohlim Oct 16th, 2010 06:00 PM

VEGETABLE JUICE IS GROSS. DEAL WITH IT. LEARN MORE AT FCKV8.COM

kahljorn Oct 16th, 2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

I would say this to the "you are a hypocrite" argument; I couldn't care less one way or the other if gays want some sort of marriage equivalent union, personally I think calling it marriage is a deliberate provocation to the uber right though. Furthermore, I would go as far as to say if you are willing to live with the words 'gay' and 'straight' yet object to calling a same sex union something besides marriage, you are a hypocrite. Why is one kind of distinction between the two groups fine and another similar distinction wrong? I also hate the divorce rate counterargument that gay rights activists give. It is both presumptuous and arrogant, because they are basically saying if gays got married they would never get divorced, which is straight up bullshit. Gays are human beings and would divorce just as much as straight people.
Well, here's the typical counter-argument from both sides of the argument:

WELL WHY CANT BLACKS JUST HAVE THEIR OWN SCHOOLS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_but_equal

pretty much both sides are big bitches

Quote:

I also hate the divorce rate counterargument that gay rights activists give.
not sure what argument you're referring to but usually when people say this they are responding to people who use arguments like, "THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE" (MY FAVORITE MEANINGLESS TERM) or saying that gays would undermine the instutition of marriage, when it clearly already has been... not that they would divorce any more or less.
although a lot of people make the argument that gay people would divorce too much cause all of them are all promiscuous and can't go five minutes without getting gang banged or something.

Sam Oct 16th, 2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 701126)
VEGETABLE JUICE IS GROSS. DEAL WITH IT. LEARN MORE AT FCKV8.COM

NOW THIS IS SOMETHING I CAN SUPPORT.

GET OVER IT.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 16th, 2010 06:49 PM

They should just bAN MARRIAGE.

Dimnos Oct 16th, 2010 07:49 PM

Yes.

The Doctor Oct 16th, 2010 08:42 PM

Today is my one year anniversary, I agree with the Ghost lol

Babs Oct 22nd, 2010 03:46 PM

Why do they have to be so gay about it?

Colonel Flagg Oct 22nd, 2010 04:01 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: ban gay divorce.

EDIT: and by the way, I don't really have a problem with this video. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Esuohlim Oct 22nd, 2010 04:05 PM

WARNING - YOU WILL BE OFFENDED

Tadao Oct 22nd, 2010 04:19 PM

Why ban gay divorce? Are you saying gays shouldn't have the same freedoms as straights?