I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

TheCoolinator Apr 30th, 2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 683251)
I was going to get a cabinet for the Golden Axe RODA but the shipping alone was like 1$k

Holy shit.......where the fuck were you shipping it from? :confused:

Amazing game by the way.

darkvare Apr 30th, 2010 08:52 PM

i finished dante's inferno really cheap ass game with a lot of begginers traps

10,000 Volt Ghost May 1st, 2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 683274)
Holy shit.......where the fuck were you shipping it from? :confused:

Amazing game by the way.

I think like Arizona. My roomate worked for a shipping company so we were going to use his business address and get a discount too.

Sam May 1st, 2010 02:41 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golden-Axe-Reven...item3caa56d768

10,000 Volt Ghost May 1st, 2010 04:15 PM

Ugh, that's so much money.

darkvare May 2nd, 2010 12:04 AM

i got ssfIv for ps3 if anyone wants to play i'm up for it

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 04:17 AM

Hm. Kinda bored now. Don´t wanna play any of my 5 million unfinished JRPGs even though Tales of Vesperia really deserves it...I think the next thing that comes out would be...3D Dot game heroes...looking forward to that :)

Also my little OxBlood look-a-like wrestler in SVR2010 keeps on losing because those fuckers in the career just keep countering everything I throw at them...

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 10:33 AM

Started FF13 and completely confused, Fight Night Round 4 is hilariously bad at times, and Condemned 2 is a shit-stain on mankind. Oh yeah, Assassin's Creed 2 is just as deplorable to play as the first. Ubisoft should really give up at this point. Their games are getting worse and worse and their PC DRM is a joke.

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 10:41 AM

I really enjoyed Condemned 2. It was no way as scary or intense as the first one, of course. But it was just so much fun to beat all those crazy idiots to a pulp :)

I also really liked AC2, quite a lot more than the first one in terms of gameplay.

FF13...sold it really fast after finishing it...very forgettable mediocre game.

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 03:50 PM

The combat in Condemned 2 is just as horrible as the first. I hate it so much. It's like a retarded rock-paper-scissors.

AC1 and 2 are identical in terms of gameplay from what I've experienced. I got maybe 3 hours in and I'm giving up on it.

FF13's battle system is so dated and horrible. I mean, it's 2010 not 1997.

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 04:21 PM

Condemned 2 had very nice brawls. The first one had horrible combat, that´s true...what´s wrong with RPS-concepts? All fighting games have that.

AC 2 get better later on at least that´s what I remember, it´s not as stupid as the first one.

FF13...well...the battle system is the ONLY thing remotely interesting about the whole game. I still want to punch the guy that wrote the story. THAT is something you can´t pull in the year 2010 anymore if you ask me.
Give me a piece of paper and one or two hours and I´ll give you something ten times better in terms of character-development and world design. God that game was boring.

Rent Nier, very good story and a normal Real time battle system. WAY better than FF13 and Nier is still just a high 70 to mid 80% title. I know, I know, different genre but still...

Sam May 2nd, 2010 04:38 PM

AC2 is SOOOO much better then the first one.

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 04:48 PM

AC2 is identical in 90% of cases. The combat is the same, the exploration is the same, even the story seems to be the same type of dribble from the first. The only differences I've seen are the customization and the stupid ass puzzles in between sequences. The whole switching in between italian and english is fucking stupid. The whole game should be in italian with subtitles. The only fun I've had is shanking random guards.

The combat in Condemned 2 is horrible, there is no fluidity and it feels clunky. I dunno I just don't enjoy the stiff controls.

Maybe some of these games will get better. In the mean time, I'm going to play some Punch Out on the wii.

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 06:04 PM

It´s a good thing that tastes differ I guess ;)

Just ordered the Warhammer Invasion Cardgame, I didn´t notice it came out in german (no one would play it with me if it was english :D )

Oh, and I noticed that I never finished Dragon Age, the combat was just too boring I guess...

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 09:06 PM

You didn't miss anything. The ending of Dragon Age is a total let down. The good guys win, there are no downsides, Morrigan is still a bitch, blah blah blah.

darkvare May 2nd, 2010 11:19 PM

i was playing ssfiv online and i actually managed to pull the raging demon attack of akuma but got owned anyways

OxBlood May 3rd, 2010 05:15 AM

SF4 was the moment when I finally had to admit that I am getting old. Apparently I can´t keep up in twitch-reflexes anymore...I´m still fucking fast, but not fast enough...okay, it might have worked better if I had something other than the normal 360-Controller.

DougClayton4231 May 3rd, 2010 07:04 AM

lmao, I think they nerfed Akuma in SSF4. He doesn't rape nearly as hard. BTW 360 controller has the worst d-pad in existence. How is the PS3 one?

darkvare May 3rd, 2010 08:23 AM

i think what's killing me is the location of the joystick on the ps3 i use the joystick on every fighting game on 360 and hadn't have a problem

OxBlood May 3rd, 2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 683590)
BTW 360 controller has the worst d-pad in existence.

Zitiert für Wahrheit (QFT). That piece of shit is horrible. I would be more precise with a D-Pad made out of Yelly and Brains. Mhhh...brains.

MarioRPG May 3rd, 2010 10:07 AM

Playing Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow. Lovin' it.

DougClayton4231 May 3rd, 2010 11:36 AM

lmao. I haven't played a Castlevania since Aria Of Sorrow. Is it good?

MarioRPG May 3rd, 2010 05:19 PM

Aria of Sorrow was the one that set the bar for me. And then I went and tried the other gameboy ones. Haha.
Dawn Of Sorrow is pretty good sequel wise. They updated the controls and some fundamentals (equipping, etc). I've only played two or so hours, but I'm impressed.

OxBlood May 3rd, 2010 06:19 PM

Order of Ecclesia is really good too. Kinda hard in the beginning and it doesn´t take place in the castle all the time but that´s nice too every now and then.

Guitar Woman May 3rd, 2010 10:11 PM

Deus Ex again.

It's sorta less poopy when you play through with maxed-out Rifle skills, but a heavily modded assault shotgun can one-shot pretty much anything from the other side of the map. Hilarious, but game breaking!

Now I'm playing through with the crossbow and melee weapons while trying to be ultra-sneaky. You have to run away a lot since tranquilizer darts take forever to actually knock someone out. :(

DougClayton4231 May 4th, 2010 05:20 PM

About to try Lost Planet 2 and Alan Wake today. I'll make sure and give the best analysis I can for everyone who has to wait for the retail release :P. Getting games way ahead of time is pretty sweet.

Dr. Boogie May 5th, 2010 12:05 AM

How come you're getting games so early?

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 683970)
How come you're getting games so early?

Dr. boogie,

How do I check if there is an Arcade convention going on in my part of the woods?

Dimnos May 5th, 2010 11:15 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Arcade+conventions

DougClayton4231 May 5th, 2010 11:19 PM

I have great connections :P

Alan Wake is a pretty great title. The facial animations are a bit lacking though. So far the story is very interesting, and the gameplay is wonderful. I really like this one.

Beat Gears of War 2 tonight with a friend on couch co-op. I started off hating the game and by the end, I really did enjoy it overall. It's bizarre and crude, but fantastic at the same time.

Gonna try Lost Planet 2 tomorrow or the next day :P

Zomboid May 6th, 2010 05:43 AM

What a bastard.

MarioRPG May 6th, 2010 08:22 PM

I really want to try out Alan Wake. My one friend has been pumping it up for a long time.

darkvare May 6th, 2010 08:46 PM

any one has a recomendation for a psn game? i got 16 dolars to spare

DougClayton4231 May 6th, 2010 08:49 PM

I've heard that Vagrant Story is really good. You should try to play Alan Wake asap. I think it's fantastic and apparently they will be supporting it with DLC at a later date. I've heard it's a little short though.

darkvare May 6th, 2010 09:02 PM

but is not out yet :( and i love remedy so i will probably buy it
how does vagrant story plays is not like final fantasy is it?

freddy mercury dudley rocks

Guitar Woman May 6th, 2010 11:27 PM

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

It's fun, but it took me a while to get used to the lack of a "sneak" key. I guess you have to go diagonally if you want to run, which is sorta awkward, but whatever

Zhukov May 6th, 2010 11:45 PM

Man I want SFIV Super so bad :( But I can't buy it because it's just like SFIV with added extras.

God damn it why couldn't it be DLC

Sam May 6th, 2010 11:58 PM

Super Street Fighter 4, and it's AWESOME.

OxBlood May 7th, 2010 07:16 AM

Alan Wake is about 8 hours, according to the reviews, so it should clock in at about 6-7. Not enough lenght for me to spend more than 20, maybe 30 bucks on it...and again, it is another victim of the fucking blight known as DLC. Finish the fucking game and then move on to the next for the love of Shub Niggurath. I hate this shit.

I CAN however live with the DLC for Mass Effect 2 because the game was finished before they released bonus-content. The new SMG is really awesome and I continued my Insanity-Playthrough with my Infiltrator. Suprisingly easy I must say but I blame it on the class.
Total Aggro-wipe-invisibility for 6 Seconds is a real lifesaver. Strongest regular Weapon in the game with 175% damage slow-motion-even-more-damage-headshots every 10 seconds? Why did I play that stupid Vanguard again? Can´t remember, all he can do is his super-suicide-charge...

Fathom Zero May 7th, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 684502)
Alan Wake is about 8 hours, according to the reviews, so it should clock in at about 6-7. Not enough lenght for me to spend more than 20, maybe 30 bucks on it

And here I was maybe thinking you were different than every other gamer out there. Congratulations, you've not disappointed me.

TheCoolinator May 7th, 2010 08:49 AM

I love Dudley, such a better boxing character than Balrog. I actually used to finish off my friends with his Rose taunt in SF:III 3rd Strike. They used to get so pissed.

darkvare May 7th, 2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 684482)
Man I want SFIV Super so bad :( But I can't buy it because it's just like SFIV with added extras.

God damn it why couldn't it be DLC

i got the original SFIV on collectors edition and as soon as i heard about the super edition i sold the game alone and got enough to buy the new one, i still kept everything that came with the collectors edition :rock

OxBlood May 7th, 2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 684503)
And here I was maybe thinking you were different than every other gamer out there. Congratulations, you've not disappointed me.

I´m not sure I get what you mean ;)

To me it is important to stay entertained while spending a reasonable ammount of money for that entertainment. 8 really entertaining hours are nice and all but that´s one evening of my time and the next day I´m bored again because the game was...well...short and I´m done with it. No matter how much fun I had during those 8 hours, they´re still just 8 hours and over VERY quickly.

I guess I should get a really time-intensive job or something like that, maybe then I´d like these short games more...who knows.

Dimnos May 7th, 2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 684484)
Super Street Fighter 4, and it's AWESOME.

What do you have this on Sam? Im thinking about getting it and if Im going to get my ass handed to me it might as well be from you.

Chojin May 7th, 2010 04:23 PM

oh shit, alan wake is out?

Dimnos May 7th, 2010 04:28 PM

May 18.

Sam May 7th, 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 684643)
What do you have this on Sam? Im thinking about getting it and if Im going to get my ass handed to me it might as well be from you.

XBOX 360.

FEELS GOOD DUDE.

Fathom Zero May 7th, 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 684641)
I´m not sure I get what you mean ;)

To me it is important to stay entertained while spending a reasonable ammount of money for that entertainment. 8 really entertaining hours are nice and all but that´s one evening of my time and the next day I´m bored again because the game was...well...short and I´m done with it. No matter how much fun I had during those 8 hours, they´re still just 8 hours and over VERY quickly.

I guess I should get a really time-intensive job or something like that, maybe then I´d like these short games more...who knows.

I dunno. It's just that if the amount of time you spend with a game is the only way to account for worth... well, that's pretty fucking sad. Moreover, that you have some sort of formula, even if it's just something arbitrary, to figure out how much you should spend on a game, well that's doubly sad. You can't judge a game based on length, period. I've played games for two hours and have been very happy with the money I've spent on them. I've also played TF2 for 130 hours and Pokemon Silver for 420 or so, back when I had it.

Some games are just more conducive to replays.

Dimnos May 7th, 2010 04:43 PM

10K do you have the SSF4?

Sam May 7th, 2010 04:44 PM

IF HE DID HE'D HAVE IT ON 360 TOO.

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET OUT OF THIS ASS WHIPPING I AM PREPARED TO GIVE YOU. >:

Dimnos May 7th, 2010 04:46 PM

MAYBE IM LOOKING TO GET TAG TEAMED. DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? DID YOU? >:

10,000 Volt Ghost May 7th, 2010 05:58 PM

I tried renting it but they're out. Going to try again tomorrow for 360. I told my roommate I was going to trade in regular SSIV. He was like "That was my christmas present from you." I told him I understood that but that why I was such a good roommate. How many people get an upgrade on their gifts 6 months later???

also,

:BILLHORN

DougClayton4231 May 7th, 2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 684690)
MAYBE IM LOOKING TO GET TAG TEAMED. DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? DID YOU? >:

Do you have to pay extra for that? :lol Just beat Army of 2: 40th day in co-op today and I really enjoyed it.

Ryu in SSF4 is unbelievable. In CPUvCPU matches on Hardest, Ryu beats everyone. EVERYONE. All due to his overpowered Shoryuken.

darkvare May 7th, 2010 09:38 PM

i finally won my first match online on SSFIV and made a new friend from mexico as well

OxBlood May 8th, 2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 684686)
I dunno. It's just that if the amount of time you spend with a game is the only way to account for worth... well, that's pretty fucking sad. Moreover, that you have some sort of formula, even if it's just something arbitrary, to figure out how much you should spend on a game, well that's doubly sad. You can't judge a game based on length, period. I've played games for two hours and have been very happy with the money I've spent on them. I've also played TF2 for 130 hours and Pokemon Silver for 420 or so, back when I had it.

Some games are just more conducive to replays.

Oh, you´re right about that, no doubt.
But as I said, I don´t have the luxury to buy all the games I would like to play when they´re released so I buy games that keep me entertained ideally for a long time so I don´t have to buy a new game every week. Don´t have the money for that. I have to play economically so to speak.

The last game that really stood out and had this "more than a sum of it´s parts"-thing for me still was Bayonetta. Games these days don´t have that much artistic value anymore, at least most of them.
But take 3D Dot Game Heroes for example. The game is short too but I´ll so buy it right on releaseday and I´ll happily pay 45 bucks for it because I really like what they did there.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 8th, 2010 10:52 AM

Found a copy of SSFIV last night. My roommate doesn't have a gold account so I had to swap controllers with him between rounds.

I totally judge dread'd SAM. I won and was all like "EXECUTIONER, JUDGE AAANNNDDD JJUUUURRRRIIII."

As soon as I said that I got a 10 point achievement. I like to think it was for a good pun.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 8th, 2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 684718)
Do you have to pay extra for that? :lol Just beat Army of 2: 40th day in co-op today and I really enjoyed it.

TOTAL FISTBUMP DESTRUCTION

Phoenix Gamma May 8th, 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 684780)
I totally judge dread'd SAM. I won and was all like "EXECUTIONER, JUDGE AAANNNDDD JJUUUURRRRIIII."

I laughed harder than I should have :lol

Sam May 8th, 2010 01:49 PM

It was during our Juri vs Juri fight too. :tear

10,000 Volt Ghost May 8th, 2010 02:21 PM

IF WE WOULD HAD DOUBLE K/O'D EACH OTHER I WAS PREPARED WITH:

"UH OH, WE GOT A HUNG JURI"

:lol That line would have also worked for the Chun Li vs Juri fight :hypno :orgasm

Sam May 8th, 2010 08:56 PM

IF YOUR POWER IS BACK ON WE SHOULD PLAY.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2010 01:06 AM

I played a shit ton of worms armegeddon, wrestlemania 2000 and perfect dark for 360 with 3 friends. Also some goldeneye slappers ltk.

I'm down for street fighter iv tomorrow. Team battle?

Sam May 9th, 2010 01:13 AM

WITH MY CAMMY, AND YOUR.... someone... (mostly my Cammy) WE'LL BE UNSTOPPABLE!

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2010 01:20 AM

I'm really liking gouken and ibuki(sp)

DougClayton4231 May 9th, 2010 08:22 AM

L4D2 is still a buggy, unbalanced mess :(

OxBlood May 9th, 2010 10:45 AM

Is it any better than the first L4D? I was kinda dissappointed with it but then again, I´m hard to please when it comes to Zombies...which L4D has none of :D

Fathom Zero May 9th, 2010 11:09 AM

Haha. I guess there are two kinds of gamers on this forum.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 684880)
L4D2 is still a buggy, unbalanced mess :(

I have trouble playing it now because it seemed like they nerfed all of the infected.

Fathom Zero May 9th, 2010 01:55 PM

I never play Versus.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2010 01:59 PM

edit: Double

Not a fan of the passing DLC for L4D2 either.

OxBlood May 9th, 2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 684894)
Haha. I guess there are two kinds of gamers on this forum.

And what different kinds would that be? I would have said that there are ALL kinds of gamers here, as usual :lol

Fathom Zero May 9th, 2010 02:22 PM

Those who enjoy Left 4 Dead and those who don't. :P

I didn't mean anything poignant, hahahah.

OxBlood May 9th, 2010 02:40 PM

Right. :D

I really wanna start Dragon Age again but there´s no time...3D Dot this week, RDR next week...and I think Alpha Protocol 2 weeks after that...I´m so looking forward to AP...

DougClayton4231 May 9th, 2010 02:47 PM

L4D is much more polished than the sequel. I currently can't even play L4D2 due to a bug with Nvidia graphics cards and Windows 7 (The game slows from 60fps to about 2-3). It's pretty much ass anyways, nothing but ragequitting and a lack of user content. Even the Valve content is pretty pitiful. They have all but abandoned both games so I won't be surprised when L4D3 is announced at E3. I'm not buying any more Valve games.

Fathom Zero May 9th, 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 684922)
L4D is much more polished than the sequel. I currently can't even play L4D2 due to a bug with Nvidia graphics cards and Windows 7 (The game slows from 60fps to about 2-3). It's pretty much ass anyways, nothing but ragequitting and a lack of user content. Even the Valve content is pretty pitiful. They have all but abandoned both games so I won't be surprised when L4D3 is announced at E3. I'm not buying any more Valve games.

There is so much wrong with that that I don't know where to begin.

Fathom Zero May 9th, 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 684921)
and I think Alpha Protocol 2 weeks after that...I´m so looking forward to AP...

YEssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss :rock

DougClayton4231 May 10th, 2010 10:28 AM

Skate 3 is a complete waste of money if you already have Skate 2 because there are far too few improvements. Lost Planet 2 has been completely confusing and sucks if you're going to play single player only because it's one of those "co-op only" games.

I'm half-way through Alan Wake and still immensely enjoying it.

Fathom Zero May 10th, 2010 08:17 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost May 10th, 2010 08:19 PM

Love tech N9ne. He's stupid fast.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 10th, 2010 08:38 PM

darkvare May 10th, 2010 09:35 PM

i just finished dino crisis really good game

SLjimbolian May 10th, 2010 09:52 PM

Finished replaying EarthBound. Forgot how much of a mindfuck the final boss was. :x

Phoenix Gamma May 11th, 2010 12:49 AM

lolrapemovies

Dr. Boogie May 11th, 2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 684991)
Lost Planet 2 has been completely confusing and sucks if you're going to play single player only because it's one of those "co-op only" games

What now?

OxBlood May 11th, 2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 685114)
i just finished dino crisis really good game

I was suprised how much I hated the first one when I finally bought it last year...kind of dull...Really liked the second one though :)

But let´s not get started on Space-Dinosaurs which is part 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 11th, 2010 09:02 AM

They really shouldn't have made a 3rd dino crisis.

DougClayton4231 May 11th, 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 685140)
What now?

Yeah that came off incoherent lol. The AI in single player pretty much runs in circles or shoots at nothing. You really need to play online if you want to enjoy the game.

On another note, Alan Wake's story goes south very quickly once you approach the end of the game. The game is still a lot of fun but the plot needed a lot of TLC.

Edit: I just finished Alan Wake. If you're looking for a game with a coherent plot, you may want to avoid Alan Wake. The ending makes no sense at all.

OxBlood May 12th, 2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 685154)
They really shouldn't have made a 3rd dino crisis.

What Capcom SHOULD do is make a new Onimusha-Cycle, God knows what Nobunaga has done in all those years, no one keeps him in check GODDAMNIT!

TheCoolinator May 12th, 2010 08:45 AM

Daytona USA - Dreamcast

Very challenging.

DougClayton4231 May 12th, 2010 10:14 AM

I loved Dino Crisis and Onimusha when I played them in high school. When I came back to them as an adult, that view quickly changed lol. Man do I not miss those pre-rendered camera angles and shitty tank controls.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 12th, 2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 685292)
What Capcom SHOULD do is make a new Onimusha-Cycle, God knows what Nobunaga has done in all those years, no one keeps him in check GODDAMNIT!

I never played them but always wanted to. The only Onimusha game I played was Onimusha: Blade Warriors.

Hella fun.

Fathom Zero May 12th, 2010 10:19 AM

yesssssss. It was brilliant. I've had every Onimusha. It is my favorite game franchise, most likely.

OxBlood May 12th, 2010 11:28 AM

Even 4 was suprisingly good I gotta say. Dawn of dreams...hm.

darkvare May 12th, 2010 01:20 PM

i remeber playing blade warriors with zero

TheCoolinator May 12th, 2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 685321)
yesssssss. It was brilliant. I've had every Onimusha. It is my favorite game franchise, most likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 685320)
I never played them but always wanted to. The only Onimusha game I played was Onimusha: Blade Warriors.

Hella fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 685319)
I loved Dino Crisis and Onimusha when I played them in high school. When I came back to them as an adult, that view quickly changed lol. Man do I not miss those pre-rendered camera angles and shitty tank controls.

The main reason I even bought a PS2 back in the day was because of the Onimusha Series. I recently purchased the 4th installment in the series and I must say it's quite good. I didn't really care too much for Onimusha 3 but I was happy that Samanoske made a reappearance.

Onimusha 1 & 2 are definitely the best out the franchise. The first one started out as a Resident Evil clone but by the second one it defintely started to take on its own innovative persona.

Fathom Zero May 12th, 2010 03:16 PM

3 was my favorite, besides 1! :eek

Sam May 12th, 2010 03:21 PM

BECAUSE IT HAS JEAN RENO IN IT

TheCoolinator May 12th, 2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 685367)
3 was my favorite, besides 1! :eek

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 685369)
BECAUSE IT HAS JEAN RENO IN IT

It was OK. Nothing to write home about.

I remember vividly though that the way Jean Reno said the name "Henry" (ONRI!) pissed me off and the storyline reminded me of an 80's movie. Kind of like if you mixed Bill & Ted Excellent adventure with Back to the future and just tossed in some demons and samurai swords.

Fathom Zero May 12th, 2010 04:13 PM

It wasn't Jean Reno's voice, though. If it did have his voice, then it would probably have been 500% better for you.

Dr. Boogie May 12th, 2010 06:00 PM

Just finished playing Stonekeep. The combat in that game has some unresolved issues, as evidenced by me killing monsters by throwing arrows at them. Not shooting them from a bow; throwing them.