I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Nintendo 3DS (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704396)

Kitsunexus Mar 23rd, 2010 10:28 AM

The Nintendo 3DS

Has anyone seen it yet? It will have the power of a Gamecube, and an accelorometer for motion control. It should also be out BY THE END OF THIS YEAR. Why would they even consider releasing the DSi XL when the DS successor is that close to coming out?

Zhukov Mar 23rd, 2010 10:38 AM

To make money?

Why would they not release something that a huge amount of people will buy?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 23rd, 2010 10:46 AM

I just heard about this....yesterday maybe in a magazine. Days are running together. Its supposed to be the sucessor to DSi but hopefully its better than the virtual boy.

Fathom Zero Mar 23rd, 2010 10:57 AM

Psh. Release four versions with negligible, yet prominent differences in an attempt to make money.

What a stupid idea.

Kitsunexus Mar 23rd, 2010 01:02 PM

Wait, so this thing is going to play in Headache-O-Vision stereoscopic 3D? Virtual Boy 2?

FUCK.

THAT.

Now my question as to why they would be crazy enough to release a new version of a arguably inferior system alongside it's successor has been resolved. DSiXL here I come!

Phoenix Gamma Mar 23rd, 2010 02:15 PM

Dude, no one knows anything about it. Chill out.

The only leaked information is "3D graphics, no glasses". Do you really think Nintendo would be so retarded to try Virtual Boy again? And I'm pretty sure Virtual Boy doesn't count as a portable.

Just wait for July. When they have something other than an internal codename.

Kitsunexus Mar 23rd, 2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 677646)
Do you really think Nintendo would be so retarded to try Virtual Boy again?

I hope not, we don't need any more senseless death.

GUMPEI YOKOI NEVER FORGET

robo_rob Mar 23rd, 2010 04:48 PM

From what I've read, release is slated for Mach 2011. Which is about a year after the DSXL, which is released about a year after the DSi.

If a DS3D lite comes out in 2012, time to scream.

However, I liked the Virtual Boy, despite it's faults. Here's hoping 3D without glasses is as cool as it sounds like. Here's also looking forward to seeing crackheads flip out in waiting rooms while somebodies kid plays Pokemon. "THAT DAMN THING WAS COMING RIGHT AT ME!"

Nick Mar 23rd, 2010 06:57 PM

Yes that will be amazing.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 23rd, 2010 07:39 PM

I'm betting it'll have the rumored motion controls, and the graphics would take advantage of that. Sorta like that game that uses the DSi's facetracking to give off a 3D effect when you move the device or you head.

Nothing like, say, portable Avatar. Though if Nintendo secretly developed tech that good without glasses before any other company, I'm all for it.

Mockery Mar 23rd, 2010 08:15 PM

Since you're all speculating on how the games will look, here ya go:

Ant10708 Mar 23rd, 2010 08:27 PM

Looks like a really cool idea. Almost like your going into the screen opposed to shit pooping out at you. And I think the reason they announced this despite the ds XL coming out is because the DS XL is targeted at a very specfic demographic who uses their portable devices almost completely at home and never on the go. The XL looks like its going to be heavy and not pratical for on the go gaming but great for people who love playing the games at home.

robo_rob Mar 23rd, 2010 08:45 PM

They still sell the DS lite despite the DSi and DSiXL, got the feeling this is going to be like the DSi and not replace the standard DS. After all, Nintendo likes money.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 23rd, 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 677807)
Since you're all speculating on how the games will look, here ya go:

Yea, that's what I was talking about.

But if the DSi can already do it, there's not much reason for a new system. So chances are it'll have that accelerometer for more precision.

Ant10708 Mar 23rd, 2010 11:38 PM

Yes nintendo loves money but i think they love innovation much more(except obviously in online gaming). Making multiple systems is a big financial risk if they don't sell the new inventory and the new version flops. Nintendo is an amazingly smart company and without their innovation video games would be shit. Making the DS XL is a risk not guarnteed money for the company. They are going in the exact opposite direction of handheld gaming development thinking and making the system larger and heavier for a specfic audience. It could easily fail but I'm sure nintendo has done enough research to ensure the market exists for the xl. nintendo loves innovation and gamers reward them with lots of money i think is a much more fair statement.

Nick Mar 23rd, 2010 11:44 PM

The XL isn't that much bigger. If you can carry the goddamn original Gameboy around then the XL should be light as a feather.

Ant10708 Mar 24th, 2010 12:01 AM

And how many years ago was the orginal gameboy? Cellphones use to be fucking huge and we managed too but they still get smaller and slimer despite the fact that we used larger ones in the past because thats what industry norms dictate. I'm not saying the size makes it unable to be used on the go but increasing the size of a handheld gaming device or eletronic device in general just goes against all the established norms of the industry. My opinion is that the ds XL is a much bigger risk then people are making it out to be. i feel nintendo going against industry norms and making out big is something to applauded and encouraged by gamers and not simiplified to "nintendo likes money" and are simply exploiting the consumer. I feel the nintendo wii has some of the best exclusive titles out there and if the company didn't take a significant risk with the wii we would never of played a boy and his blob remake or a mega man 9 and 10, or a no more heroes(not that these were made by nintendo but they were allowed a chance to gain an audience despite the industry thinking that the money is in big graphics and huge cinematic gameplay). I feel the Wii's biggest risk was not the introduction of the new motion control but going agaisnt industry norms and not making the system as powerful as possible. Nintendo takes constant risks(hardware wise) and has recently begun being rewarded for them again. Everyone thought that the nintendo wii was going to be their last system and they would go the way of sega and simply make games because they weren't making much money outside of the handheld market. I am happy their genuis has saved a truly great company from becoming solely a software provider and hope they continue to make buckets of cash.

i just find nintendo to be a very interesting company business strategy wise.

robo_rob Mar 24th, 2010 12:09 AM

Nintendo loves money more, because innovation (or in other words, new product) sells. DS XL is only a risk if stores don't order the manufactured amount in inventory. If stores don't order any more, then it's a bust. Either way, as long as it goes to a store, it's going to make Nintendo money. It's just a matter of how much money. Nintendo likes money, or else they wouldn't be in business.

Dr. Boogie Mar 24th, 2010 01:17 AM

Sometimes innovation sells. Other times, you wind up with the PSPGo.

jhonnyD2 Mar 24th, 2010 11:42 AM

they love money ..... all business things do... that's normal thing

Phoenix Gamma Mar 24th, 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 677911)
Sometimes innovation sells. Other times, you wind up with the PSPGo.

That wasn't innovation. Tha was the PSP without the UMD slot.

Guess it was't such a universal media disk after all...

Dr. Boogie Mar 24th, 2010 05:44 PM

I mean an all digital platform was innovative, just not a good idea.

Ant10708 Mar 24th, 2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo_rob (Post 677888)
Nintendo likes money, or else they wouldn't be in business.

I like food too or I wouldn't be alive but it doesn't mean my sole purpose to living is to eat as much food as possible.

robo_rob Mar 25th, 2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 678101)
I like food too or I wouldn't be alive but it doesn't mean my sole purpose to living is to eat as much food as possible.

Good thing your not in the eating food business then.

Zhukov Mar 25th, 2010 12:31 AM

No, but if you didn't like food you would be dead, just like if Nintendo didn't like money, they would be dead.