I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   St. Anger (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3775)

LegoLars Jun 5th, 2003 05:43 AM

St. Anger

Got it today.
I kinda like it, ad I got a promo cd with the purcase. (nifty) Then there's a bonus dvd inside, with the band rehersing.
I like the songs "some kinda moster" and "dirty window".
The sound is kinda sucky, I don't really dig the sound of the snare and bass is pretty non-existent. Guitars and the bass-drum sound is fat as usual.

Zero Signal Jun 6th, 2003 09:06 PM

It's garbage. Do you like garbage?

JonSwift Jun 7th, 2003 02:52 AM

Dixie Jun 7th, 2003 02:00 PM

i was making an HONEST and true effort to not make a comment in here...i have one word for St. Anger. Poopy.

LegoLars Jun 7th, 2003 05:00 PM

I still like it. :)

The Retro Kat Jun 7th, 2003 05:13 PM

I'm sure you like tossing salads, too.

Rongi Jun 7th, 2003 05:48 PM

I prefer Ceaser

But that's just me.

LegoLars Jun 7th, 2003 06:48 PM

no, I STILL LIKE it. And sallaf tossing? Why Not?

EvilDeadAsh Jun 7th, 2003 08:26 PM

It fucking rules.

moonlitnight Jun 9th, 2003 02:46 PM

I've only heared one song of the new album,but this one is such a rubbish and I really ask myself why people buy it!?
I suppose the golden times of Metallica are over, also the concert at Rock am Ring yesterday was great :) )

Epigone Jun 14th, 2003 02:41 PM

I have so fucking little respect for those assholes anymore that I can't even listen to their decent old music anymore. Not many bands can do that to me. Anything after ...And Justice For All is complete shitty shit shit.

The One and Only... Jun 15th, 2003 06:52 PM

I think that if that album had a gender, it would be a hermaphrodite. Nuff' said.

The Chief Jul 13th, 2003 05:43 PM

Hermaphrodite? No, more like shemale. Metallica died as soon as they ran out of Mustaine riffs. Mustaine was too self-destructive to focus on his original musical goals.

Besides, heavy metal died between 1982-1983.

kahljorn Jul 13th, 2003 06:06 PM

You say she-male like it's a bad thing :(

The Chief Jul 13th, 2003 06:52 PM

I meant to put it in the context of that being what the Jaymz/Larz/Kurk triumvirate wishing to become, really.

Also, as an off-topic aside, some hermaphrodites can have babies...

Biff Kilowatt Jul 14th, 2003 03:05 PM

Don't forget to use the password thing that comes with the CD to get into a vault at their site. You can download and burn songs by them from said vault. Not sure if that was just part of the initial release or not, but it sounds like that's what you got because of the DVD.

Yes, Metallica sucks. They should sound more like Slipknot, Linkin Park, and Creed if they want to get fans! OMG talent!

Ninjavenom Jul 14th, 2003 03:21 PM

Nah, they should either grow out their hair and quit playing new shit, or quit if they want people to like them again.

Biff Kilowatt Jul 14th, 2003 06:35 PM

Nah, I think they are going to be kind of like the Stones... they won't go away, ever. Well, the bass players will be ran through like Spinal Tap drummers, but that's about it. Welcome to 30 years from now... very depressing

Miss Modular Jul 14th, 2003 11:30 PM

I thought that James (or was it Kirk?) that said that this album was going to sound "like Sigur Ros". Either way...

:puke

Anyway, how can anyone like them after the Napster debacle?

The Chief Jul 15th, 2003 01:55 AM

Yes, Metallica sucks. They should sound more like Slipknot, Linkin Park, and Creed if they want to get fans

They should sound like people they've influenced, I see. Do you work for their record company by any chance? They rose to prominence by not sounding like anyone else at the time (of course, we know why now. but still and all, they didn't sound like anyone else during the KEA, RTL and MOP time).

Anyway, how can anyone like them after the Napster debacle?

You'd be surprised. Or not, as the case may be. I am firmly with the "dislike" camp, but they still have fans that I and others term "teeny-bopper" who think that their first album was the eponymously-titled so-called "black album" and that anything they put out is not in the "file under G" category...

crash0814 Jul 15th, 2003 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epigone
I have so fucking little respect for those assholes anymore that I can't even listen to their decent old music anymore. Not many bands can do that to me. Anything after ...And Justice For All is complete shitty shit shit.

Be fair. Even though the Black Album was more commercial and accessible, it was still a good album. Load was the official sellout. Reload and S & M cemented it. I haven't even attempted to listen to St. Anger because I'm positive it will be horrible.

Yngwie Malmsteen Aug 28th, 2003 08:48 PM

Its ok, I like Sweet Amber off it but thats about it. I rather listen to Exodus.

The Retro Kat Aug 28th, 2003 09:40 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR IMPUT, MISTER.

Ninjavenom Aug 28th, 2003 10:52 PM

I hope you're not comparing the new album and Exodus.

Darko Aug 29th, 2003 08:21 AM

I heard one song. I think it was the song St. Anger. Holy shit was it bad. I thought that maybe the guy from Suicidal Tendencies would have an effect on the band's sound and possibly bring them out of this rut, but I was wrong. The entire album sounds like fucking crap. There are Lars fuck-ups and overdubs everywhere. James does this incredibly gay 'busted out! busted out!' rap thing. The riffs sound like cheap ass 3 chord punk mixed in with some nu metal and any hint of thrashiness they may have once had is now long gone.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.