I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Game Review: Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703105)

MockBot Oct 1st, 2009 01:28 AM

Weekly Game Review: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Batman: Arkham Asylum.

captain516 Oct 1st, 2009 02:20 AM

Didn't Paul Dini write the game too?

executioneer Oct 1st, 2009 08:09 AM

he totally did, dude

Pentegarn Oct 1st, 2009 10:01 AM

You pretty much got it all right with this review.

I was struck by the ease of combat in this game, they were able to make it fun, exciting, yet somehow as easy as breathing. I loved the whole counter system and the slow motion when you really clobber a bad guy. It made it feel like I was playing a movie or really well done TV show.

DougClayton4231 Oct 1st, 2009 10:33 AM

Fantastic game! I only wanted it to be longer though.

Moranzollamas Oct 1st, 2009 11:37 AM

Great review. Dead on.

One of my favorite parts of the game is that if you return to Ra's body bag, hes gone. Great little easter egg.

BurnPianoBurn Oct 1st, 2009 12:21 PM

I agree with Doug, the game seemed sort of short, but it was a great game to rent, and totally fun. Good review as well. Dead on.

RedCometXIII Oct 1st, 2009 02:07 PM

I was waiting for a review on this. Other than Modern Warfare 2, this was the big game of the year for me that I could not wait to play. I played the Demo over 20 times easily and I can proudly say that it lived up to every high expectation I had for it. Game of the Year material.

Blackdrazon Oct 1st, 2009 03:57 PM

This game hits just the right combination of meaningful, logical collect-a-thons (as opposed to, say, Spider Man 2's "token on a random air vent precisely 65.4% of the way up the wall and facing north-north-east" or Assassin's Creed "collect 700 flags") and having stealth portions that just felt rewarding. Will play again.

I can't wait for a sequel, but I'll admit I'm concerned about how it'll work if it takes place in an area larger than Arkham. I suppose they could buy some time by setting a game in the Wayne Estate, but if they step much further out they'll have to deal with Spider-Man's aforementioned "crap hidden in no good place for no good reason" problem. Then again, if they've done this much, who's to say they can't handle that too?

Kat Oct 1st, 2009 08:37 PM

I just started "playing" it today. I put it in quotes, because I was more watching my friend play.

The graphics were top-notch and watching kept me so involved I still felt like I was playing.

Desert_Screams Oct 1st, 2009 08:57 PM

Great review, Proto. This really is the game of the year as far as I'm concerned. They didn't go crazy with the cinematics (yeah, lookin' at you, MGS4), and there's an actual difference in the difficulty levels (about a quarter of the way through the game on the hard setting...and it's actually hard!). Conroy and Hamill did great voice work, and the makers of the game did something even Christopher Nolan couldn't accomplish: they made Scarecrow a genuinely frightening character.

HowardC Oct 2nd, 2009 12:04 AM

Proto, THANK YOU for stating the obvious about the wardrobe changes! I've heard nothing but complaining about them, Quinn in particular which strikes me as odd considering in both the comics and the animated series she RARELY wears her classic one-piece and is always in some cute costume relevant to the setting and/or just in her street clothes.

Kitsunexus Oct 2nd, 2009 12:27 PM

Had Scribblenauts been delayed until July 2010, this would have been game of the year.

Nick Oct 3rd, 2009 05:11 AM

This game was a blast.

captain516 Oct 4th, 2009 11:48 PM

I think my favorite part is that Batman looks like Michael Keaton.

iforgotthename Oct 5th, 2009 09:51 PM

If i had a PS3, I might check this out. I say "might," because Batman is my least favorite superhero, mostly because his lack of powers don't make him seem "super," to me. But he has the best rouge gallery of anybody in comics.

captain516 Oct 5th, 2009 11:49 PM

They have it for the 360 too

testtube Oct 6th, 2009 09:24 AM

Damn, I sold my PS3 after being ear smokingly pissed at how hard Metal Gear Solid 4 failed to be anywhere near as cool or fun as 3. I want to check this out.