I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Black People Loot (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18234)

Emu Sep 1st, 2005 03:31 PM

Black People Loot

White people "find."

GAsux Sep 1st, 2005 03:34 PM

I checked out the "rants and raves" section on CL for New Orleans. It makes the looting discussions here seem tame by comparisson.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2005 04:59 PM

CL?

Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with where the tone of it all is going.

ziggytrix Sep 1st, 2005 05:01 PM

we'd be much better off if we just rounded up all the poor people and put them in camps, guys am i right?

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2005 05:02 PM

Well, you know what you should do with "animals," right????

AChimp Sep 1st, 2005 05:04 PM

Yes. They should be shot because they are dirty looters.

ziggytrix Sep 1st, 2005 05:08 PM

chimps right. putting them in camps would cost a lot more than a few bullets.

GAsux Sep 1st, 2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

we'd be much better off if we just rounded up all the poor people and put them in camps, guys am i right?
I completely apologize in advance if I'm taking this the wrong way because it's possible that you're saying this in an effort to be funny or make light of the situation. But I took it as a pointed comment that's exxaggerating something someone here said.

The only person that's advocated anything remotely like that is Chimp, and although not certain I think he might be only half serious.

Kevin,
CL is Craigslist. Just on a whim I was reading some of the postings and its pretty horrid. Kind of a reflection of people's stress levels I guess.

ziggytrix Sep 1st, 2005 05:10 PM

btw, you do realize there is no way to BUY anything in Nola right now? if you are in the city, and you don't have food, the only way to get food is to loot or barter.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAsux
The only person that's advocated anything remotely like that is Chimp, and although not certain I think he might be only half serious.

I wouldn't assume anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
Yes. They should be shot because they are dirty looters.

WELL THEN THEY SHOULD TAKE A HOT SHOWER, RIGHT!!? OOPS, CAN'T DO THAT, I GUESS THEY SHOULD STOP BEING POOR THEN, HUH??

Preechr Sep 1st, 2005 05:29 PM

Dirty and poor does not neccessarily a looter make, unless you live in Ziggyland.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2005 05:31 PM

And I'm not advocating looting.

But even friggin' Peggy Noonan said today that walking into Walmart to grab water and food isn't criminal, it's called SANE.

xbxDaniel Sep 1st, 2005 05:32 PM

That pic was funny

That pic was hilarious, it just goes to show that racsim and bigotry is alive and thriving. Depressing as hell though that my cousins are being called victims, and the black neighbors are being called looters. It's a sad day.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2005 05:46 PM

For AChimp:

AChimp Sep 1st, 2005 05:52 PM

Hell yeah. That guy knows how to deal with 'em, and the law is on his side.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2005 05:55 PM

Marshall law is on his side.

ziggytrix Sep 1st, 2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preechr
Dirty and poor does not neccessarily a looter make, unless you live in Ziggyland.

Oh right, cuz these guys could, um, hunt alligators and snakes for food if their pantry happens to be under 10 feet of water...

Lazy AND poor. One could be forgiven, but BOTH? Euthanize the fuckers already.

GAsux Sep 1st, 2005 06:54 PM

I think most are in agreement that the people doing it becuase they have to are fully justified and it will probably become more widespread in the coming days as people get even more desperate.

Its the people looting Saints jerseys and tvs that have no excuse. By the way, what sense does it make to loot elecrtronics? How long do you suppose it'll take to get power anyway?

El Blanco Sep 1st, 2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Marshall law is on his side.

que?

CaptainBubba Sep 1st, 2005 08:55 PM

Wait, I understand the inherent racism in the articles. I understand that people are looting from grocery stores because it is the only way to get food. I agree with those points.

But if I own something and someone, regardless of race, tries to steal it and I shot him, that makes me a redneck asshole racist as you are eluding?

King Hadas Sep 1st, 2005 10:47 PM

If there stealing your stuff then you have every right to shoot them, but if there stealing food from a grocery store and you shoot them in the back then yes, you might be a redneck.

Abcdxxxx Sep 1st, 2005 11:54 PM

When did survival under marshall law become criminal? All this sniper & thug talk is mighty conveniant as an excuse not to rescue or take responsibility for outright incompetence.

El Blanco Sep 2nd, 2005 06:51 AM

Isn't it martial law?

Emu Sep 2nd, 2005 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco
Isn't it martial law?

Yes. It is.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 2nd, 2005 08:27 AM

Marshall is better.