I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Mad Melvin Jan 26th, 2012 07:08 PM

Stranger Than Fiction

It was pretty good, actually. Original idea and Will Ferrell was ok in a more serious role.

The Departed

It's been a couple of years since I last saw this. I think I liked it even more than I did the first time. Good movie and Mark Wahlberg's character was still pretty funny. The only thing that stood out as a negative was Jack Nicholson's irish accent. It was horribly fake.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 26th, 2012 11:58 PM

To me Mark Walhberg can do anything and I'd prob watch it.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 29th, 2012 04:03 AM

I Heart Huckabee's was awesome. Cowboys and Aliens is the fucking shit, go see it.

Anyone ever heard of The Music Never Stopped? J.K. Simmons is the lead in it. It really the only movie I've seen that I could really call "the happiest/saddest movie ever". Really, really good flick.

All Hail Duke Feb 4th, 2012 05:12 PM

the running man

such cheesy 80's goodness

kahljorn Feb 4th, 2012 07:28 PM

WELL I HAD MY HAWAAIN SHIRTS ALL PACKED UP BUT YOU HAD TO GO AND FUCK THAT UP DIDNT YOU

ok thats not the exact quote ;(

Quote:

Amber: Me and my big mouth. We should have taken the trip to Hawaii.
Ben Richards: I had the shirt for it, but you fucked it up.
:lol

kahljorn Feb 4th, 2012 07:31 PM

:lol

i love that quote

Colonel Flagg Feb 5th, 2012 09:41 PM

Chronicle. I'd suggest it is a must see.

Not really a spoiler, but there was one moment in the movie where I yelled "Oh My God!" and I never do that. I was expecting snarky looks from my fellow moviegoers, yet most of them said much the same thing.

Mad Melvin Feb 6th, 2012 03:43 AM

Not really a movie, but I watched Terry Pratchett's documentary "Choosing to die". :tear

It was really hard to watch and I never want to see it again. Still, it was an important documentary and everyone should see it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 6th, 2012 10:56 AM

Parts of the King of Fighters movie. I don't want to partially watch it again but I do want to know why people were shooting lightning at other people.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 6th, 2012 03:03 PM

I loved the lorax growing up, when they made horton hears a who I was hoping they would eventully do the lorax. The lorax was announced a while ago but I just found out Danny Devito was playing him. <3

Zhukov Feb 7th, 2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 754586)
Not really a movie, but I watched Terry Pratchett's documentary "Choosing to die". :tear

It was really hard to watch and I never want to see it again. Still, it was an important documentary and everyone should see it.

I just watched it then after reading that you watched it. Pretty sad

I hope we get assisted death in this country, as I'm probably going to crippled stroke victim when I'm 50.

All Hail Duke Feb 8th, 2012 10:39 AM

beetlejuice
coraline
as good as it gets

all good movies watched due to nothing else was worth watching

dextire Feb 8th, 2012 04:59 PM

The Big Year. Good movie. Much more about birds than I thought it was going to be.

cbk1boral Feb 9th, 2012 06:44 AM

Last Film(s) You Watched

Thor was the last movie which I have seen in theaters.......

Zhukov Feb 10th, 2012 03:27 AM

Just saw a WWII movie from the 70s called Cross of Iron. It was Germans on the Eastern front, in English language. Pretty much sucked.

Boring, plenty of cliches and historical inaccuracies, and it had a very underwhelming ending. Somebody told me to watch it, as it was supposedly a classic.

One of the characters was casually talking about how tough it was in the encirclement of Stalingrad... despite everyone who survived being a POW until at least the 1950s. That really annoyed me.

Mad Melvin Feb 10th, 2012 06:05 AM

Samurai Cop (1989)

It was awesome. Nothing in this movie worked. The acting was godawful, the plot made little sense, the dialogue was very odd and there were unnecessary sex scenes just to show boobs to the audience.

A little taste of the awfulness:

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 10th, 2012 09:04 AM

That sounds delicious.

kahljorn Feb 10th, 2012 05:00 PM

that guys ugly and he has a tiny dick

how am i supposedto connect with samurai cop

All Hail Duke Feb 12th, 2012 08:48 PM

poltergeist
boogie nights
the outsiders

a good way to kill time

Kitsa Feb 13th, 2012 08:37 PM

Conan O Brien Can't Stop.

Or maybe it was called Can't Stop. I don't know.

I guess I was hoping he'd be more likeable.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 14th, 2012 01:55 PM

^ I started to watch that and then shut it off soon after.

Kitsa Feb 14th, 2012 06:19 PM

I'm sure it was supposed to be the journey of a tortured brilliant soul or some such shit but he really came off as a dick in the final edit.

uncaring chimp Feb 15th, 2012 06:13 AM

Just rented "Sunset Limited" with Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson. Can't remember when I laughed so hard! Also watched "Bad Lieutenant" starring Nickolas Cage. Loved the lizards! "Fight Club", greatest movie ever made!!!

Aaarg Feb 15th, 2012 05:50 PM

Q: the winged serpent

early 80s larry cohen movie about quetzalcotl in new york city

fucking great

All Hail Duke Feb 15th, 2012 10:59 PM

the people under the stairs
such a screwy, bad movie, and yet i like it