I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Pentegarn Aug 29th, 2011 04:48 PM

Food from a day? :confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womti (Post 740013)
2 hot dogs, chicken noodle soup and 4 chocolate chip granola bars

You know the outreach program frowns upon stealing those extra granola bars from the children. They need to eat too you heartless ass

Womti Aug 30th, 2011 12:42 PM

:lol :x :picklehat

Kitsa Sep 4th, 2011 08:43 PM

I made an Indian cauliflower dish that I make all the time, and it's usually ok, but this time it turned out fucking horrible for no reason I can think of. The only thing I changed was that I took the oil down from five tablespoons to two, because I thought it was too oily before.

It was completely bleh :(

MarioRPG Sep 5th, 2011 05:14 PM

I've come to the conclusion that scalloped potatoes are still gross.

Kitsa Sep 5th, 2011 07:21 PM

My mother in law makes a dish she calls "hobo potatoes" which, to the best of my knowledge, just involve sliced potatoes and foil. Maybe you should try that.

Tonight I drowned my spelling-bee sorrows in barbecue sauce. Dynamite!

Fathom Zero Sep 11th, 2011 10:11 PM

I'm not eating it right now, but I dreamed I ate it:

Currywurst and pommes frites in a folded paper cone. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I want some bad. They say that, if nothing else, you can remember tastes and smells from when you were very young. Boy, do I ever.

Seven Force Sep 11th, 2011 10:19 PM

Sounds great

Kitsa Sep 11th, 2011 11:09 PM

I don't know about the currywurst but pommes frites sound okay. They're best right off the cart.

I'm eating some chex mix of my own invention. I hate the squiggly stick things and the rye chips in chex mix, so I just made one that's all chex with some m&ms and peanuts in it. I forgot to get pretzels for it :(

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2011 12:45 PM

I made apple crisp today because I had to find some use for the 60+ lbs of apples we picked at the orchard. Last time I followed a recipe and it sucked, so this time I went back to my own thing and it turned out fucking awesome.

Zhukov Oct 2nd, 2011 09:05 AM

I'm just about to eat eggs and bacon for dinner. Nothing else in the house but eggs and bacon - both of which have a fair chance of being off.

MarioRPG Oct 2nd, 2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 744799)
I made apple crisp today because I had to find some use for the 60+ lbs of apples we picked at the orchard. Last time I followed a recipe and it sucked, so this time I went back to my own thing and it turned out fucking awesome.

I was in a very similar situation, but I borrowed someone elses recipe. Apple crisp is bomb

dextire Nov 2nd, 2011 07:43 PM

Enjoying some Black Pepper Jack Doritos now that they finally brought them back.

replicant Nov 2nd, 2011 09:18 PM

Just had a small amount of german chocolate ice cream from BR!

executioneer Nov 2nd, 2011 09:23 PM

top round steak i cooked in worcestershire sauce, sriracha, and tequila

Shyandquietguy Nov 2nd, 2011 09:26 PM

100 grand fun size bar.

That I bought myself!

k0k0 Nov 2nd, 2011 09:58 PM

All I had to eat tonight was a single serving of mashed potatoes and a couple lunchmeat slices of turkey.

All Hail Duke Nov 2nd, 2011 10:43 PM

sloppy joes and leftover candy

Kitsa Nov 2nd, 2011 11:15 PM

Milky Way bar.

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2011 04:25 PM

Goofing around in the kitchen and came up with a cinnamon roll cookie. It's all kinds of kickass but they're the damnedest things to cook. In for 7 minutes, underdone. In for 7 minutes 30 seconds, underdone. In for 8 minutes, burned. :( :thefuck

k0k0 Nov 6th, 2011 04:46 PM

I tried making gluten free biscuits this morning. They ended up looking more like cookies. And they were terrible.

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2011 05:00 PM

I like my cookies slightly underdone. Yum.

Kitsa Nov 7th, 2011 01:20 PM

Got a new cookbook for French macaroons (as opposed to the coconut-and-condensed-milk blobs that haunt Passover). I love macaroons, but they're insanely effort-intensive and they take an entire day to make, once you factor in the whipping and the piping and the drying and the baking and the setting and the filling. So I've got the stuff to make pistachio ones, but I haven't gotten to it yet because I haven't had an entire day to spend on one batch of cookies.

I'd like to make eggnog ones, too, but my eggnog flavoring oil is 2 years old and I've got to find some new.

Kitsa Nov 24th, 2011 09:46 PM

Made it all mydamnself, too, from scratch. Plus two pies, one sweet potato and one pumpkin.

Esuohlim Nov 24th, 2011 11:32 PM

As a poor Ethiopian child I can't help but feel jealousy and anger toward your Thanksgiving rituals of excess and gluttony!

Fuck you Americans, all I ate today were my boogers

k0k0 Nov 24th, 2011 11:43 PM

I had nothing because although my sister said she would make the main course without gluten, she used cream of mushroom on the roast. And everything else she made had gluten. So I ate absolutely nothing. Who the fuck makes a roast on thanksgiving over turkey anyways? Savages, that's who.