I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mass Effect 2 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704044)

Fathom Zero Jan 26th, 2010 04:43 AM

Mass Effect 2

I like how Martin Sheen looks like Martin Sheen, playing the character Martin Sheen.

Pentegarn Jan 26th, 2010 09:59 AM

When does this hit the streets again?

Fathom Zero Jan 26th, 2010 11:44 AM

Today.

Zomboid Jan 26th, 2010 12:03 PM

Don't fucking remind me. I forgot to pre-order and now I probably won't be able to get it for a while.

Supafly345 Jan 26th, 2010 12:19 PM

YOu think you've got it bad, I won't get it until its 30 bux.

Fathom Zero Jan 26th, 2010 12:20 PM

Have you tried? I've never preordered any game and I usually go in a day or two afterward and they still have tons. This was even for GTA IV, where I showed up at midnight wanting a copy.

Zomboid Jan 26th, 2010 12:23 PM

I have class right away and the store opened like 20 minutes ago, so going before wasn't an option. I'll try after I'm done school today, but that's at 5. If I'm reeeeally lucky I'll be able to get one of the Collector's Editions still :(

Pentegarn Jan 26th, 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 669743)
Don't fucking remind me. I forgot to pre-order and now I probably won't be able to get it for a while.

Get it d2d, that's what I am doing

Zhukov Jan 26th, 2010 10:11 PM

Not out till mid Feb here :(

Dimnos Jan 27th, 2010 03:00 PM

I want to get this but with all the trouble I have had with my box I have lost my ME1 saves. I feel like I need to replay the first one before this new one. :(

OxBlood Jan 28th, 2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 669946)
I feel like I need to replay the first one before this new one. :(

At least you should know a lot about the first one, it really pays off, since all the small things come back to put a smile on your face.

Like Hamlet with an all-elcor cast. Some news terminal said something about a guy planning something like this. Now, two years later it is an award-winning-14-hour-masterpiece. :lol

Honestly, get that game right away. Up until now everything was really good about it (about 10 hrs in)

Zomboid Jan 28th, 2010 02:00 PM

I ordered a collector's edition from a seller on ebay. I payed about 50 bucks more than it would've been had I pre-ordered, but I feel it's justified.

OxBlood Jan 28th, 2010 06:48 PM

I tried to think of another game that I wanted so bad that I bought it on two platforms...I don´t think I ever did that before...either my patience is REALLY something I should work on, or ME2 is really THAT good. Hm.

Zhukov Jan 30th, 2010 10:14 AM

Ok, whoever I was talking to about the release date here was wrong, because I picked it up yesterday.

Amazing. I played it for 8 hours before realising it wasn't night anymore and I had to go to work in two hours.

Dimnos Jan 30th, 2010 12:47 PM

Dont you hate that. :(

Grislygus Jan 30th, 2010 07:53 PM

Gawd I wanna play this so bad

I no longer have access to a 360, I can't get my Bioware and Ace Combat fix no more

Zhukov Jan 31st, 2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 670313)
Dont you hate that. :(

I haven't had that in a long time. I'm glad it happened this time; I have been waiting for a game to get me back into playing games and not just being bored with them after a few minutes.

OxBlood Feb 3rd, 2010 06:54 AM

Finished it yesterday after about 36hrs. Truly a great game, some of the best writing in a long time, likeable characters, good battles...some not so good things too of course, but they can work on that (way too few weapons and armor-parts)

Zhukov Feb 3rd, 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 670899)
Finished it yesterday after about 36hrs. Truly a great game, some of the best writing in a long time, likeable characters, good battles...some not so good things too of course, but they can work on that (way too few weapons and armor-parts)

I first thought that maybe I had just the tip of the iceberg as far as weapons are concerned, but it really is just that there are so few.

I like all the characters except for Miranda. Hate her.

OxBlood Feb 4th, 2010 04:33 AM

I only really can´t stand Jack...impolite Wreck of a freakshow. Miranda...meh, not really cared about her, she´s too sure of herself and never tires of reminding me about it.

Who I really liked though I thought I wouldn´t is Samara, she´s really a nice person to have around :)

Dr. Boogie Feb 4th, 2010 03:27 PM

http://www.destructoid.com/get-mass-...r-162580.phtml

Some promotional thing from Dr Pepper on Destructoid.

Basically, you register a fake account with Dr. Pepper, enter in a code, then go log in with EA, then log in again with Bioware. Once you do all that, you can get one of three promotional pieces of headgear.

You can get all three if you make a new Dr. Pepper account (which is easy since they don't verify your info). It's just up to you whether or not you want to spend the time to get a helmet that gives you +5% in either power damage, weapon damage, or shields.

OxBlood Feb 4th, 2010 05:42 PM

Sadly it only works if you´re in America...no awesome Recon Hood for Oxblood :(

Dr. Boogie Feb 4th, 2010 05:55 PM

Yeah, I saw some comments from people outside the US just after I posted it.

You can at least take comfort in the fact that you aren't missing out on much.

OxBlood Feb 5th, 2010 04:53 AM

True, but I still would like to get them, I´d actually pay for them, if they were made available on XBL or the Cerberus Network, simply because there is hardly any equipment in the game as it is now...I mean, come on, 3 Headpieces of which one is totally useless? (+10% Negotiation? WTF)

SLjimbolian Feb 14th, 2010 09:01 PM

For those with the Cerberus Network, have they added anymore DLC besides Zaeed and the Normandy Crash Site?