I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Orgasm Aftershocks (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13687)

Jeanette X Sep 4th, 2004 11:20 PM

Orgasm Aftershocks

What causes orgasm aftershocks? Sometimes I find that after the initial orgasm itself, I have these spasms afterward that are quite pleasant, although not as good as the orgasm itself. Furthermore, I only seem to get them with a vibrator, as opposed to simply doing it the old fashioned way. Are these spasms caused by the vibration, or can one achieve them without intense vibration? And are they even "aftershocks" at all, or leser, seperate orgasms in and of themselves?

AChimp Sep 4th, 2004 11:26 PM

Actually, that's just the ghosts having their turn.

Perndog Sep 5th, 2004 12:28 AM

Joke answer: it doesn't have anything to do with the vibrator.

Real answer: women don't have orgasms. :rolleyes

hawaiian mage Sep 5th, 2004 01:15 AM

What's happening is just the normal precession of events in orgasm. See, for an orgasm to occur, a lot physiological changes have to occur first, the primary one being vascongenesis (swelling with blood.) There are also hormonal changes in the blood, and the increased blood flow allows nerve cells to replenish their endorphins faster. In women, the vagina expands, lubricating fluid production increases, and the uterus swells and prepares itself for the spasms associated with orgasms. All of this contributes to what is termed the "orgasmic platform." Once it is properly set up, the reproductive organs go ahead and do their thang.

What your feeling is probably, as far as I can tell, just the actions taken while the body slowly goes back into normal mode. If there are a lot of pent up endorphins in the area, releasing them is going to be among the actions the body takes to wind back down. If you think of the orgasmic platform as a spring that gets tightened and then released, you can think of the “after shocks” as the spring just continuing to get into rest state.

Since vibrator sex is pretty much unanimously agreed to be better than real sex, the reason you experience this more with the vibrator would simply be because it is more stimulating and creates a bigger orgasmic platform that has to be deconstructed. The spring gets stretched out more, so just the main orgasm doesn’t release all the built up energy.

So there you have it.

You slut.

FS Sep 5th, 2004 04:34 AM

yeah, fuck you too

FartinMowler Sep 5th, 2004 09:47 AM

Could it be that after all the blood has rushed to your organ, now has started to rush back like a tide giving you a tingle that is subsiding with your pleasure of orgasm?

N00bKill3R Sep 5th, 2004 10:38 AM

DAMN! FS beat me to it!

Jeanette X Sep 5th, 2004 10:57 AM

Thank you for giving an answer that was both informative and intelligent, Hawaian Mage. :)

FartinMowler Sep 5th, 2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Thank you for giving an answer that was both informative and intelligent, Hawaian Mage
O: I didn't read her post :/ I usually don't read long winded post's.

Terra Sep 5th, 2004 12:09 PM

ADD can be a bitch.

ArrowX Sep 5th, 2004 12:20 PM

Fuck you virginity. >:

camacazio Sep 5th, 2004 01:24 PM

I've caused that to happen to ladies with my hand. It seems pretty random when it does happen.

N00bKill3R Sep 5th, 2004 02:15 PM

By ladies do you mean yourself?