I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Sam Jan 4th, 2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 605791)
well i played THAT of course jeez what kind of monster do you take me for

the angriest monster :(

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 605777)
Portal is stupid, everything Zelda is stupid.

I disagree with both. Especially Portal. The concept was great, there was a lot of personality, and the level design was solid.

Only complaint I have was the length, so I don't really see why you'd say it was stupid. Care to elaborate?

darkvare Jan 4th, 2009 02:36 PM

i just finished the fallout 3 main quest good game

Sam Jan 4th, 2009 03:27 PM

FATHOM ZERO THINKS PORTAL IS STUPID BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GET HIGH AND PLAY IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. :rolleyes

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2009 03:30 PM

Fuck you guys, there was zero personality to that game. Level design was alright, but the concept's been around since as long as there was science fiction. I'm tired and pissed off at everyone telling me how good Portal is. THE FUCKING CAKE IS A CAKE, GODDAMNIT. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And Sam, I get high and pick at myself while listening to Boards of Canada, thank you very much.

darkvare Jan 4th, 2009 04:13 PM

yeah portal was really lame and short and easy

Phoenix Gamma Jan 4th, 2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 605836)
Fuck you guys, there was zero personality to that game.

Now you're just being silly.

Quote:

the concept's been around since as long as there was science fiction.
But it hasn't been implemented into a video game in a way were you can manipulate portals and momentum.

Shooting is a dull concept that's been around since guns were invented. Less shooting games please.

But since this isn't the "argue about videogames" thread...

I got pretty far in Bioshock. Love the game. Reminds me of those kinds of pseudo-ride things at amusement parks with actors and all sorts of crap goes wrong. $5 for this game was a total steal. Steam is awesome.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 605850)
But it hasn't been implemented into a video game in a way were you can manipulate portals and momentum.

https://www.digipen.edu/fileadmin/we...arbacularDrop/

Also, I don't give a damn how original a game is. No one's made a game yet where you flip a lightswitch up and down constantly, but that doesn't mean it'd be fun.

executioneer Jan 4th, 2009 07:25 PM

you do know narbacular drop is by the portal guys right :( it's not like they're ripping anyone off

Tadao Jan 4th, 2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 605872)
No one's made a game yet where you flip a lightswitch up and down constantly, but that doesn't mean it'd be fun.

Actually, didn't some one post a game that had exactly that in it?

bigtimecow Jan 5th, 2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

https://www.digipen.edu/fileadmin/we...arbacularDrop/

Also, I don't give a damn how original a game is. No one's made a game yet where you flip a lightswitch up and down constantly, but that doesn't mean it'd be fun.

then why complain about its originality?

Phoenix Gamma Jan 5th, 2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

The people who made that game worked on Portal. Valve hired them after they saw the game, picked up the concept, then fleshed it out into a full retail game. I wouldn't say that project explores the concept enough to be an alternative to Portal, though I recognize it's importance to the development of something much greater. And even if Portal is or isn't original, it's still a really solid game. As you said, originality doesn't matter as long as the game's fun, and I happen to think Portal was very fun. I'd give it a B+.

And since this still isn't the argue about games thread, I'm gonna talk about another game that I'm playing right now.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclasia is pretty rad. I just made it to Dracula's Castle, which is pretty intense, since it's probably the same size as every other level combined. The glyph system is really awesome, but I wish it gave you more to collect to fight with. I love being able to finally combo monsters, and the steep difficulty doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. It's hard as balls, but managable.

Great game, but I'm getting a little tired of these "Metroidvania" games. I know they're the only ones that sell anymore (lolJudgement) but they haven't done anything radical to the main series since Symphony of the Night.

darkvare Jan 5th, 2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 605885)
Actually, didn't some one post a game that had exactly that in it?

you can do that in strong bad's game

Microshock Jan 5th, 2009 09:07 PM

MAn, i just really want to get my hands on killzone 2, im going to gamestop to preorder it and get the demo.

Let me see all you Xbots tell me how bad the game is after pretty much every beta player and publication said it was awesome

pac-man Jan 5th, 2009 10:56 PM

The console war is over for this generation buddy. Call off your dogs. Wii, then 360, then PS3.

I'm still under a small pile of games after Xmas (beat Fallout 3, working on FarCry 2 and SmackDown vs. Raw 2008) but there are a few things on the horizon that I'm excited for. Killzone 2 combined with a small library of great games (MGS 4, LBP, Resistance) might drive me to pick up a PS3. Resident Evil 5, Street Figther IV, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2... there are a lot of good games on the horizon.

... I might want to finish Mother 3 soon. :(

darkvare Jan 5th, 2009 11:23 PM

i dislike killzone and the only reason i might get a ps3 is god of war 3 i already pre-payed street fighter 4 and i'm saving up for resident evil 5 yeah in fact i'm playing resident evil 2 on pc 3 on gamecube and code veronica on ps2

Sam Jan 5th, 2009 11:25 PM

ALL YOU XBOTS CAN EAT THE FAT SONY DICK THAT IT'S GOING TO BE SLINGING WHEN SALES PICK UP YOU FUCKERS JUST WAIT YOU THINK A RECESSION IS GOING TO STOP THE POWER OF PS3 SONY WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES LIKE A PHOENIX DOWN AND TAKE A FUCKING PISS OF FIRE IN YOUR GODDAMN FANBOY EYES YOU FAGGOTS

MetalMilitia Jan 5th, 2009 11:29 PM

I own a PS3 and I'm under no illusion that it's remotely useful as a gaming machine.

Sam Jan 5th, 2009 11:32 PM

FUCK YOU BRIT BOY YOU ARE AN XBOTS SLEEPER CELL AGENT KILLZONE 2 IS GOING TO REINVENT GAMING AND THE MALE ORGASM AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO WANT ONE AND WILL USE THEIR TAX REFUND CHECK TO BUY ONE

OxBlood Jan 6th, 2009 04:59 AM

I DO know, you are not Serious...Sam (no way around that pun, sorry), but still, it DOES hurt to read such (intentional) fanboy-gibberish.

Concerning Killzone: I´m pretty sure it was just another shooter the last time I checked. It has nice graphics...wow...how cool is that? Nice graphics. And just to make this clear: I don´t care what platform it is released for. 360, PS3, it´s still just another uninspired Shooter and nothing else.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 6th, 2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

But let's not beat around the bush here: Killzone doesn't hold a candle to any of the FPS greats despite the bewildering level of hype heaped upon it in the run up to its release. Sure, it looks great in the screenshots, but just wait until you play it. You'll soon have all the evidence you need to come to the rapid conclusion that Guerrilla's efforts occasionally crawl out of the war-torn mire, only to get crushed under the rubble of their own failings.
Youch.

Not sure how the game did financially, though. Critically, it was your standard FPS, but they marketed that game pretty heavily.

Zomboid Jan 6th, 2009 12:27 PM

I don't think anyone took Microshock seriously to begin with.

Kilgore Cod Jan 6th, 2009 04:30 PM

Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia

Fathom Zero Jan 6th, 2009 04:36 PM

I like my PS3. I download episodes of Chowder to it and am waiting for Fat Princess.

Dr. Boogie Jan 6th, 2009 06:45 PM

Moved Microshock's fanboy post to the arguing thread. Check there for more of his insightful commentary on the console wars.