I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Video Game Remake Suggestions (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9152)

Anonymous Jan 30th, 2004 04:38 PM

Video Game Remake Suggestions

This thread was done before, but I'm probably way more important than the person who started the last one.

Anyway. Game companies (and Hollywood) are constantly looking to the past for inspiration, or at least a cheap, fast way to make a buck. However, most good old games get overlooked in favor of the more popular ones. So, here you can recommend what games should get a remake that haven't before.

It won't matter, but it's something to complain about, which in turn is something we all enjoy. I look forward to hearing a lot of you hilariously suggest things that have already been done in a VERY hip and anti-conformationalist manner.

My suggestions:

Rise Of The Triad
It was really, really violent and had an awesome soundtrack. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be an instant hit if repackaged with an engine that didn't totally blow.

Clash At Demonhead
If nothing else, it would appeal to all the guys fagging up Adult Swim, because it has Token Anime Characters in it! :o They're not actually from any anime, as far as I can tell, though. This game had a somewhat unique route system, where you'd go through levels forward and backward and stuff to get items and progress the story. And it had floating shops that you could call down!

DamnthatDavid Jan 30th, 2004 04:45 PM

They need to Remake X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
I spent hours and hours flying through space, dive bombing the capital ships which for some unknown reason where smaller, and had perfect aims.
Remake it with ships up to scale, better graphics, the return of the storymode, more online battles, ship paint customization (for online battles) and capital ships that won't blast you out of space for flying in a straight line for more then 2 seconds.

whoreable Jan 30th, 2004 06:20 PM

My friedn and i were playing the 1942 arcade game. I want to see that remade just cause.

Schimid Jan 30th, 2004 06:26 PM

Any game that used to be 2D but made the transition to 3D.

I want a Sonic game that, instead of going 3D, stays in 2D and gives a CRAPLOAD of features to go along with it.

Marilyn666 Jan 30th, 2004 06:48 PM

Nightmare Creatures.

Supafly345 Jan 30th, 2004 06:53 PM

That is called 2.5 D. When it is 2-D linear gameplay, only with 3-dimensional enviroments. Like Nights, SotN, or the Wild 9.

I was actually satisfied with how they converted sonic. I think it was the closest 3D could get to being sonic.

EverythingWillSuck Jan 30th, 2004 11:37 PM

ADVENTURES OF LOLO

OH I FORGOT IT'S A KIRBY CHARACTER NOW :lol

Schimid Jan 30th, 2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345
That is called 2.5 D. When it is 2-D linear gameplay, only with 3-dimensional enviroments. Like Nights, SotN, or the Wild 9.

I was actually satisfied with how they converted sonic. I think it was the closest 3D could get to being sonic.

I'm not saying that. I mean, just like the old games, 8-bit graphics and all.

It'd rock because you could have hundreds and hundreds of levels :(

Immortal Goat Jan 30th, 2004 11:57 PM

Crusaders of Centy

Beyond Oasis

*probably bending over for verbal ass-rape, but...*

I think that if Nintendo were to take the Pokemon games (first 2), did them entirely in 3d, and made the battle system a little different, then it could be a great game. My idea for the battle system is simple, actually, and I can't believe they didn't think of this earlier. Your Pokemon goes out, and instead of a turn based battle, you take control of the Pokemon itself and have specific moves designated to a certain button. That way you can dodge attacks, and add a little more strategy to a more fast-paced fight.

Your insults are now expected.

A.S.H. Jan 31st, 2004 05:50 AM

BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!

I demand a Super Smash T.V. remake, with beautiful Gore and an uber high quality sound byte of the famous line "Big Money, Big Prizes, I Love It!" And weapons you can purchase with all those toasters and T.V.s you pick up.

executioneer Jan 31st, 2004 07:01 AM

wasteland :/

starflight 2 :/

-willie

Supafly345 Jan 31st, 2004 07:38 AM

Double Dragon

The Unseen Jan 31st, 2004 07:50 AM

Re: BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.S.H.
I demand a Super Smash T.V. remake, with beautiful Gore and an uber high quality sound byte of the famous line "Big Money, Big Prizes, I Love It!" And weapons you can purchase with all those toasters and T.V.s you pick up.

:love :love :love

I'd also like to see a 2-d sonic game with like 400 levels or something ridiculous :)

Methuselah Jan 31st, 2004 07:59 AM

Ultima 7: The Black Gate
Y's III
Phantasy Star II

Bout all I got

Supafly345 Jan 31st, 2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid
Quote:

I'm not saying that. I mean, just like the old games, 8-bit graphics and all.

It'd rock because you could have hundreds and hundreds of levels :(

We are talking conversion from a 35 meg cart, to a 9 gig disk. Thousands of levels.
And sonic was originally 16-bit. Only when it was ported to the master system was it 8-bit.

Anonymous Jan 31st, 2004 10:06 AM

It was also 8-bit on the game gear, y'all.

AChimp Jan 31st, 2004 10:11 AM

Return to Zork

Oh wait, that game was already PERFECT. :lol

Anonymous Jan 31st, 2004 10:15 AM

When I saw your name in the thread, I knew you were going to say that.

You're gay.

AChimp Jan 31st, 2004 11:49 AM

I can't think of any other game-related jokes. :(

HickMan Jan 31st, 2004 11:58 AM

I'd like to see whatever Super Fly was talking about with a mario game. I think that'd be pretty good.

Schimid Jan 31st, 2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

We are talking conversion from a 35 meg cart, to a 9 gig disk. Thousands of levels.

Nah, that's too many. Just hundreds with billions of extras and stuff like that that you can unlock from getting enough rings or something.

Perndog Jan 31st, 2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Where was the 3D imagery in Symphony of the Night? It was totally 2D and the only thing that suggested any kind of depth was parallax backgrounds, which have been around since Super Mario World. The doors and save points were polygons, but that's it.

Anonymous Jan 31st, 2004 03:03 PM

I remember parts of the cathedral being 3D

Anonymous Jan 31st, 2004 03:13 PM

Oh yeah. Also, in the Castle Keep, you could see a 3D tower in the background.

Pee Wee Herman Jan 31st, 2004 03:23 PM

I would kill my own mother and father for a starcraft sequel that was better or as good as the first one. Not an expansion pack, but a sequel with an almost entirely new storyline. It also has stay perfectly balanced if they add new races (which I'm sure they would, if they made a sequel).